Any Way How To Get A Mech From Steam Performance Bundle Without Steam?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Tatrgel

Rookie

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 08:31 AM

Few facts:
* I love Crab 27B
* Crab 27B(S) is on sale on Steam in the Medium performance bundle
* Crab 27B(S) would make a nice grinding mech
* I already have SHC-Prime(I) - I would prefer not to have a duplicate but wth

Question:
* Any way how to get the (S) variant outside of Steam... (without SHC if possible)
(expected answer: no)
* Any way how to import steam bundle purchased on steam without having to install MWO in steam (a duplicate installation)?
(expected answer: no)
* Would bundling my steam and mwo accounts cause Steam taking money from further purchases outside steam (web store, in game store)?
(I read somewhere that this is how Elite: Dangerous works with steam bundled accounts)

Concerns:
* I love Steam and the way how they improved games distribution (and selling crap I don't really want Posted Image) but for MWO, I would prefer all the money to end in PGI pocket.
* I do not want to download 16GB just because of one transaction

#2 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 08:42 AM

* Any way how to get the (S) variant outside of Steam... (without SHC if possible)

---Nope

* Any way how to import steam bundle purchased on steam without having to install MWO in steam (a duplicate installation)?

---If I remember correctly, Steam just gives you a code for whatever you buy, so... yes, I think.

* Would bundling my steam and mwo accounts cause Steam taking money from further purchases outside steam (web store, in game store)?

---No.

Edited by Bombast, 26 December 2016 - 04:01 PM.

#3 Snazzy Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 26 December 2016 - 12:45 PM

No, you have to have steam. Once you purchase the bundle from steam it is automatically injected into your account, so no codes.

#4 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 01:26 PM

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 26 December 2016 - 12:45 PM, said:

No, you have to have steam. Once you purchase the bundle from steam it is automatically injected into your account, so no codes.

I hear what you have to do is install MWO through steam. Log in with your existing account credentials. Buy the pack and wait until it is injected. Then you can uninstall MWO from steam and go back to the old fashion way of accessing the game.

Kind of a pain in the butt if you ask me and not a process I am willing to do just to by a discounted steam bundle.

#5 KingCobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 December 2016 - 01:29 PM

Just install steam then find the MWO main page on steam buy your packages and they show up on your account no matter if you run the regular client or steam client for MWO.

#6 Besh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 December 2016 - 02:59 PM

View PostKingCobra, on 26 December 2016 - 01:29 PM, said:

Just install steam then find the MWO main page on steam buy your packages and they show up on your account no matter if you run the regular client or steam client for MWO.

Great, thanks, I was wondering about exactly that .

#7 SoloidSnake

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 03:57 PM

Download MWO onto Steam. Start up the game and log in. Exit MWO. Navigate to the MWO store page on Steam and buy the pack. Log back into MWO on Steam. Profit.

There's no other way around it.

Edited by SoloidSnake, 26 December 2016 - 03:58 PM.

#8 Tatrgel

Rookie

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 04:24 PM

In the end, I had to install the Steam MWO.

During start, I got an option to apply DLC and that was it (+ 20 steam achievements).

Thanks for replies.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users