Where The **** Is P R K L & Iron & Anyone Else Who Can Play?

45 replies to this topic

#21 JaegerDjinn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 156 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA,USA

Posted 29 December 2016 - 03:06 PM

Dane I always come too win and will do my best when there too get everyone else too.

#22 JaegerDjinn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 156 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA,USA

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:14 PM

Am I reading forums correctly that we are being dominated in FP by long range. True the clan have always beat us in long range laser vomit. Now is the time too bring more ballistic suppression so the laser builds can get in on the enemy. Just so i now what too bring too the knife fight.

Edited by jjyn, 29 December 2016 - 05:15 PM.

#23 Ironically Ironclad Irony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • 192 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:50 PM

View Postjjyn, on 29 December 2016 - 05:14 PM, said:

Am I reading forums correctly that we are being dominated in FP by long range. True the clan have always beat us in long range laser vomit. Now is the time too bring more ballistic suppression so the laser builds can get in on the enemy. Just so i now what too bring too the knife fight.

Pick well and you can outrange them with ER PPC

#24 RavenKnight86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 205 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 06:18 PM

View PostKhalcruth, on 28 December 2016 - 11:30 PM, said:

For the record, I tried for the entire months of August, September, and October to get you guys to play Faction, but all anyone said they were interested in was doing the World Championships and MRBC.

See https://mwomercs.com...-participation/

As far as I have been able to tell, at the time I play (late evening Eastern US), LoDD has been the only unit to regularly form any FW groups at all for the last 4 months or so.

We theoretically have a number of good players on the Steiner Hub every night, but if they aren't dropping in FW games, then we don't have them in actuality.

Oh, and for the record, about 75% of the PKRL members split off to form D'C. That was back in July I believe. The remaining members of PKRL have not had a lot of organized activity since then. After D'C went mercenary / clan in August, Faction Warfare activity on the Steiner Hub effectively ceased.

And last but not least, I could not possibly care less what authority you think you have with FRR pilots. Berating pilots in other factions is not in any way appreciated.

I'm sorry that at that time our unit had previous obligations? I know for a fact we are always on before and after our practices which were twice weekly and then matches every weekend and always willing to drop with anyone. At the time FP was total and utter crap which is why none of us wanted to play it. Now that it has changed and is a lot more fun we have been dropping regularly.

Also Mech, its hard for us to organize our PUGs when none of them ever come on TS. But anytime we aren't in a full 12 man we are throwing up our TS in match and have been attracting more players recently and are always working to improve our group.

#25 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 29 December 2016 - 10:55 PM

Der Steiner follies make for great laughter. Much like the Clan Davion hairforce ...er Defense Force.

#26 JaegerDjinn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 156 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA,USA

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:31 AM

View PostIronically Ironclad Irony, on 29 December 2016 - 05:50 PM, said:

Pick well and you can outrange them with ER PPC

Well then 2 of them will be my Marauder with 2 er ppc and a ac10 and my phoenix hawk 1b with er ppc and er large laser. The last 2 will be ballistic carriers with lasers for when the ammo runs dry. Thank you

#27 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:41 AM

I think you're missing the fact only newbs or some incorrigible diehard wannabe heros still play FP on IS side.

And screaming at casuals and newby players just awanting to get their mechbays....well thats pretty pointless...right ?

#28 Wild Hog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 145 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 31 December 2016 - 09:34 AM

So...I don't post in these forums often. Like many others, I feel like when you post here, you are either trolling, or feeding the trolls. Any posts worth reading become clouded in the mess of such feeding rituals.

Dane, there are other channels of communication easily opened if you really want to find out what House Steiner is up to. Hurling insults in the direction of what are now your forced allies will not earn you any respect in those communities. Honor, dignity, and respect are the basic building blocks of inter-faction relationships.

As an example, I offer the FRR Hub. It was the House Steiner Hub admins that came over to assist in setting up FRR. They asked for nothing in return, they were only interested in seeing another faction organized. I still have regular contact with your former FRR representative, and maintain open lines of communication with those of other factions.

The House Steiner Hub does NOT have leadership beyond the individual units. All groups associated with the House Steiner Hub are completely autonomous, and make their own contract decisions as they see fit. The House Steiner Hub does NOT judge these individual units' decisions. I would bet that upon request, most if not all of these units would contract with IS to organize......perhaps we'll find out in the coming weeks.

Let me just make one thing clear: The House Steiner Hub does not represent the entirety of House Steiner, nor does it serve the needs of only House Steiner, and we will play this game our way.

#29 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 31 December 2016 - 02:42 PM

It's like I took a crowbar to a tree trunk and all the thin skinned crusaders fell out.

View PostWild Hog, on 31 December 2016 - 09:34 AM, said:

So...I don't post in these forums often. Like many others, I feel like when you post here, you are either trolling, or feeding the trolls. Any posts worth reading become clouded in the mess of such feeding rituals.

Most of my posts don't get trolled and most of my posts aren't me trolling. Look around you'll see they are quite in earnest and usually well received. But I guess some people are prone to getting their feelings hurt or even constantly are on the look out for opportunities to have them get hurt..

Dane, there are other channels of communication easily opened if you really want to find out what House Steiner is up to. Hurling insults in the direction of what are now your forced allies will not earn you any respect in those communities. Honor, dignity, and respect are the basic building blocks of inter-faction relationships.

I work with other factions and units all the time. And not the petty drivel stuff self-proclaimed 'diplomats' or 'representatives' are used to either. I have positive working relationships with the best NA units in House Steiner, along with leadership elements in most other factions and many of the best competitive teams in the game.

You are right on some accounts. Those relationships are built from RESPECT. But it is not a respect blindly given or easily assumed. Most of them respect me (even if some don't like me) because I have demonstrated skill and competence either as a team leader and player, or a Faction leader and promoter.

Because for all of my flaws I produce results. And it goes the other way as well. I respect teams that perform well, or who show a willingness to improve or work hard, or have similarly done something deserving of it.

Ironically my OP is the result of such respect. If I had no respect for some units in Steiner I wouldn't have bothered to make a post trying to galvanize them to action. If you take a step back and find the will power to somehow remove your care-bear tinted goggles you'll see my post is all about respect.

As an example, I offer the FRR Hub. It was the House Steiner Hub admins that came over to assist in setting up FRR. They asked for nothing in return, they were only interested in seeing another faction organized. I still have regular contact with your former FRR representative, and maintain open lines of communication with those of other factions.

I don't know anything about this as it must have happened sometime before I took over ownership of the Hub. I don't see any reason to doubt that is the truth though. But I do know that when I took over the hub it was a mess and on the brink of a disaster. Stuck between the inactivity of the admins and a corrupt, idiotic and clueless Althing 'government'. Which had a handful of garbage players with make-believe agendas doing nothing constructive for the community as a whole.

I do believe your "regular contact with a former representative" is one of those people, which I find laughable. I am sure such a person was great if you wanted to spend 4 hours talking about nothing and feeling the warm after glow of some well earned self importance - but that sort of 'representation' at best accomplished nothing and at worst upset and drove the real contributors away.

For example - those fools marginalized MJ12 and 2323, for no reason other then that they wanted to retain 'power' and considered those units a threat. Furthermore they had like a 5 hour 'meeting' where they voted on whether or not they'd 'welcome' MS if MS went to the FRR.

Sorry if you miss those sort of people placating your care bear sensibilities - but those days are dead and gone beneath the iron heel of this Jarl.

The House Steiner Hub does NOT have leadership beyond the individual units. All groups associated with the House Steiner Hub are completely autonomous, and make their own contract decisions as they see fit. The House Steiner Hub does NOT judge these individual units' decisions. I would bet that upon request, most if not all of these units would contract with IS to organize......perhaps we'll find out in the coming weeks.

Yeah I've spoken some with STEEL already.

Listen. You need to take a step back and re-focus on my message. You don't want to use the forums because you're deathly afraid of trolls? Well you're myopic view point is allowing you to essentially troll this post with some sort of absurd parody of an offended bystander.

This post is clearly a joke. From the "FRR official diplomacy" set up, to me liking my own thread. It's a joke at my expense "look how uptight and self important this guy is!" while also promoting a laughable version of viking-diplomacy "this guy just swaggers in and starts yelling and cussing at everyone as a diplomat!" if you read between the lines.. and indeed some of the lines you'll also see it's a post born of respect. I know Steiner has good units and I want to see them back in action.

Sure, you can not find my joke funny. But it's not like anything else was going on.. and right now this is the most action Steiner has seen on these forums in 6 months so it's not like my 'unfunny joke' is detracting from anything either. I know many people did/do find it funny and appreciate it - but I also realize some people wont find it funny.

However, not finding something funny and making the decision to be offended over it are two different things. There is no need to be a self righteous parody always on the look out for the slightest insult to crusade against.

Unless of course you're trolling that is.

Edited by Mech The Dane, 31 December 2016 - 03:13 PM.

#30 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 31 December 2016 - 03:10 PM

Dane, you may need to work on trolling youself harder if people can't see this...

That, or future tongue in cheek posts should have microscopic fine print for those that fail to check...

Edited by MovinTarget, 31 December 2016 - 03:46 PM.

#31 Wild Hog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 145 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 31 December 2016 - 03:28 PM

Wow!

Look Dane, all this mickey mouse is exactly the kind of thing I have no patience for. I'm no kid, and this "fear" and "crying" stuff is just a distraction from what I'm here for. I'm here to play a game, and if in the course of enhancing the experience for my unit, House Steiner, and all who participate on the House Steiner Hub, I happen to meet people of like mind that want to organize on a higher level, I'm all for it.......but this won't be the place it happens.

#32 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 31 December 2016 - 03:47 PM

View PostWild Hog, on 31 December 2016 - 03:28 PM, said:

and this "fear" and "crying" stuff is just a distraction from what I'm here for.

Good, me too.
Next time remember that before you post, eh?

#33 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 December 2016 - 03:47 PM

View PostWild Hog, on 31 December 2016 - 03:28 PM, said:

... if in the course of enhancing the experience for my unit, House Steiner, and all who participate on the House Steiner Hub, I happen to meet people of like mind that want to organize on a higher level, I'm all for it.......but this won't be the place it happens.

Funny. I seem to remember a recent event ... something about the FRR and Kurita hubs merging... new units making friends with each other, improved organisation and communication... I'm pretty sure that came about because of these forums. And that so far has been nothing but a good thing for all parties involved. (well, except maybe for that one guy that was unhappy because he thought Kurita was trash and shouldn't be brought on, but Dane went and holmgang'd the сrap outta that guy, so that was settled pretty quick.)

So I don't think it's these forums. It might just be you. But hey, if you're looking to get trolled, I'm willing to bet you just put yourself on everybody's radars after this. Posted Image

#34 Dreadgorth

• PipPip
  • Major General
  • Major General
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 04:02 PM

FW is Pointless until PGI wakes up and stops blaming the player base and fixes the reason that ppl have abandoned FW. IT simply is NOT fun with clan mechs being so much better then our IS mechs.Thing is we all know PGI will NEVER do that. All PGI knows how to do is deny all problems and release new Good Clan mechs and not give the IS any of our mechs or weapons that would allow us to balance out the game.

Edited by Dreadgorth, 31 December 2016 - 04:04 PM.

#35 Tavious Grimm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 255 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 31 December 2016 - 04:43 PM

There is SUPPOSED to be a tech in balance!!! For 300 years the Inner Sphere clubbed itself back into the Stone Age and their mechs are held together with bailing wire, spit and a helluva lot of duct tape. The remments of Kerensky's armies ran and got good.

The Inner Sphere adapted, new mechs and tactics and guess what else....COOPERATION!! Kurita and Davion put aside their differences and kicked the hell out of the Smoked Jags on Luthian. Yes I know this is lore and I am a lore nerd. That being said...

Mech the Dane is TRYING to organize the tattered pieces of what's left of the IS factions and retool them to take the fight to the Clans, he isn't asking you to bend your knee and accept him as your lord. He's just doing it the Viking Way... Lots of yelling and questioning others willingness to fight against long odds with little hope of success. My own faction is on the bottom...THE BOTTOM of the leaderboards but with a little help from the FRR we're doing better. That's all he wants. Just for the IS to better. Make of this as you will.

Edited by Tavious Grimm, 31 December 2016 - 04:49 PM.

#36 Michal R

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 428 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 31 December 2016 - 06:27 PM

MJ12 still fight .
We are the most active unit in CW.
But we need more good unit to win.

#37 Kwea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 374 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 09:28 PM

View PostDreadgorth, on 31 December 2016 - 04:02 PM, said:

FW is Pointless until PGI wakes up and stops blaming the player base and fixes the reason that ppl have abandoned FW. IT simply is NOT fun with clan mechs being so much better then our IS mechs.Thing is we all know PGI will NEVER do that. All PGI knows how to do is deny all problems and release new Good Clan mechs and not give the IS any of our mechs or weapons that would allow us to balance out the game.

How do other units will win against clans then?

maybe it isn't the mechs...

#38 CykloneJack

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 06:15 PM

STEEL has no problem winning against Clans. Also any time any place we will join some drops with whatever we can muster outside of our regular drop nights.

#39 -Waffler

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 07:16 PM

Guy spends more time creating drama on the forums then he does fighting clanners. Damn LARPer.

#40 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 January 2017 - 03:40 AM

View Post-Waffler, on 01 January 2017 - 07:16 PM, said:

Guy spends more time creating drama on the forums then he does fighting clanners. Damn LARPer.

Yet he still plays more than you. Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users