• 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 28 December 2016 - 01:28 PM

"Why did he not win victory there,

he whom you considered to be valiant,

and was he worthy of victory from the gods?"

"Because it's unknown to know,

when the grey wolf will seek out the seat of the gods.

-Eiríksmál, on why Eirik Bloodaxe was defeated on Earth

Posted Image
War. War rages on all fronts. Our worlds are aflame and daily the enemy incursion penetrates deeper into our once peaceful worlds.

We've lost two thirds of territory already and it seems unlikely that we will be able save the remaining third.

Posted Image

But take heart, kinsmen. For no man lives forever and none know the shape of their waiting doom. We were all doomed to die. We were all doomed to fail. This is not news. Even the Gods themselves, the war-like Aesir and their erstwhile Vanir allies, know this truth. Even they see in their own lofty horizon the coming stroke of the undeniable Ragnarok.

But do they cower? Do they hide? Do they sulk in knowledge of their own coming destruction?!

NAY! They stand tall in bright clad mail and shining helm with gleaming sword and spear and shield and hammer and with a endless and inhuman nobility they FIGHT.

And that should be our inspiration, our goal, our guiding principal! If this is where we fall, if this is our end then let us make of it such an end! Let us die well with full knowledge that we died heroes.

I have done all I could and it is clear to me that we, the Free Rasalhague Republic, cannot stem the clanner tide. We cannot stop them. Too much weakness abounds in the other IS factions and they draw us down too deeply. This is a sad truth and reality that is beyond even the power a Jarl to alter. So accept our earthly ruin here in Midgard and instead raise your swords and focus on the higher glory of Valhalla instead.

'And how?' you ask, 'are we to reach Valhalla, wise Jarl?'. I answer, with our W/L Ratio.

Posted Image

We can demonstrate that we are better than the clans, that we were not defeated by them - but instead by the weaknesses of our allies. All we have to do is have a W/L ratio of 1.01 by the time we lose our last world.

I have been pushing my own personal guard, the ISENGRIM, hard to help us achieve that goal. But I cannot do it alone.

Posted Image

We need units to pitch in. We need them using the correct builds and smart tactics, we need them to get their W/L ratio up. Isen doing a fair bit of carry by holding a 2.0 W/L at the moment, but we need people to figure out how to get themselves out of .60 and .70 territory.

I recommend Sons of Odin, 1st Hussars and the Phoenix Company all make a concentrated effort to raise their bottom line.

Figuring out how Merc Units are doing for the FRR.. is quite a bit more difficult but MJ12 is doing the real carry:

Posted Image
(W/L ratio of 3.65!!!)

With 2323 doing their part to keep us afloat as well..

Posted Image
(W/L ratio of 1.39)

We are surrounded, our allies are falling all around us and there no escape. We will die here. That is the cold hard truth of our predicament. But by Odin and Thor and Heimdall and all other gods and heroes and men and brothers alike; lets die well.

Let's earn our place in Valhalla.

Cattle die, and kinsmen die.

Thyself eke soon wilt die;

but fair fame will fade never,

I ween, for him who wins it.

Edited by Mech The Dane, 28 December 2016 - 01:38 PM.

#2 Ferrous Idaho

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 17 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 28 December 2016 - 04:49 PM

Great ideas there Dane. I hope this helps energise more IS units to get active and make FW truly competitive and better balanced for all factions.

Edited by Ferrous Idaho, 28 December 2016 - 04:50 PM.

#3 Burt0n

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:02 PM

Well said Dane. Rest assured the HHBR bloodravens will march bravely into the oncoming tide of the clanners and win. To show all others that a worthy few can achieve much in this war.

#4 Strelok7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:53 PM

I like this challenge!

#5 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 29 December 2016 - 06:20 AM

Verily, I was there that day
when shorn were shields
and blades blunted

Yet we wavered not
nor our wills faltered -
Victory was won
and vengance worked:

The IS, led by the FRR, just won this phase and took 4 planets from the Clans for only the second time ever.

#6 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 12:46 PM

Update:

As Roland said after a night of hard fighting we were able to take another world (3 of which went to FRR faction units). Although this only slows down the inevitable advance it is a powerful moral victory for all involved.

I appreciate everyone who shows up and drops, I get a little intense sometimes.. but it's a long hard process and we just cannot afford loses. We all got to be in sync if we're to have any chance at making the difference we want.

But lets look at the numbers...

By the end of the night our W/L ratio was 1.01
Posted Image

We started over 100 behind and won every drop to get as far ahead as we did.
None could stop our viking horde (with our Kurita allies!), not even KCom..

Posted Image

And after all that fighting lets look how our Loyalist units are doing..

Posted Image

Sons of Odin has risen to from .71 to .74 W/L ratio. Posted Image

Black Bands Armored Regiment fell from 1.76 to 1.72. (Still way above 1.0 so props to them!)

HH Blood Ravens rose from 1.22 to 1.30. Posted Image

1st Hussars rose from .67 to .68.

Blue Vengeance rose from .91 to 1.05!

ISEN rose from 2.00 to 2.28!

So good work all around guys, keep it up get those numbers up! All units that have over 150 matches played are 1.01 or higher will enter valhalla on the TS when FRR is wiped out =D

#7 Starwulfe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 163 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 06:58 PM

Gratz! That was a good and fun fight!
Well earned.

#8 Strelok7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 08:27 PM

You did it!
Congratulations!

#9 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:20 PM

View PostStrelok7, on 30 December 2016 - 08:27 PM, said:

You did it!
Congratulations!

Yes but now we have to maintain it =D

#10 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 03:55 AM

The RKA Special forces continue their midnight raids in an effort to slow the Clanner invasion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users