C-Bill Generation

16 replies to this topic

#1 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:11 PM

Assuming you don't have any +chill clan mechs and you're a broke college student, is just chaining through quick play still the best way to grind out those dollars? Or is scouting the new fundraiser?

Did a few FW attacks and got 500k on a loss but it takes a while to get the games going.

I guess I'm more interested in time vs money generation. Let me know.

#2 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:16 PM

View PostGrus, on 30 December 2016 - 02:11 PM, said:

Assuming you don't have any +chill clan mechs and you're a broke college student, is just chaining through quick play still the best way to grind out those dollars? Or is scouting the new fundraiser?

Did a few FW attacks and got 500k on a loss but it takes a while to get the games going.

Premium time goes a long way, and right now was/is the best time to buy. Yesterday MC was on for bonus 20%, which meant $30 USD got you enough MC to buy 6 months premium time today (50% off sale)

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 30 December 2016 - 02:17 PM.

#3 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:04 PM

But let's say you can't / won't but anything.....

#4 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:13 PM

Streakboats. Run Clan SSRM6 boats, run around in QP - Min 200k cbills each match, usually more. Especially if you see a light, go and obliterate it for a KMDD/Solo Kill etc. You should be cranking 500dmg a game as an average. If you aren't, you are being careless. Only map that sucks are Apline/Polar. Gotta be much more careful.

Also make sure you are spotting targets first (try be up the front lines early). Killing UAVs (ensure you have CAP to be able to target them). All those small things also matter.

Scouting pay poorly.

FP (while it's QP mode). I make 1mill cbills at a min each match and that isn't even dropping streaks. If I did, I reckon it could be 1.4mil easy.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 30 December 2016 - 03:14 PM.

#5 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:24 PM

I run a couple of rounds in my dakka KDK-3 for some quick play cash. Can (post-nerf) still easily get you, 600+ dmg, a couple KMDD's and a solo kill or two. If you don't own one, the Streak Dog or Streak Crow prints money (as Ash states above) as well.

#6 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:25 PM

QP is still the way to go since you can queue up repeatedly once the last game ends, also FP pays better... but only if you keep dropping nonstop *and* you win consistently.

So basically if you have 8+ competent friends, in it for the long haul, FP might be better, but if you have to PUG it and can't consistently pull 2k+ dmg... I would do QP...

Streak dog is good, but queue for heavies suck...

#7 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:39 PM

Sounds like I need to get a streek crow..

#8 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:45 PM

View PostGrus, on 30 December 2016 - 03:39 PM, said:

Sounds like I need to get a streek crow..

If you already own the Mad Dog with 6 missle hardpoints (I think you mentioned running a 6 Lrm 5 + Artemis build), you don't need a new mech....just remove any lasers and use the missle hard points for Streak 6's (or 4's...matter of taste) Just fire in groups of 3 to avoid ghost heat and profit.

Edited by Marquis De Lafayette, 30 December 2016 - 03:46 PM.

#9 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:49 PM

MDD / 6SSRM6 - 8.5T of ammo, CAP and use ballistic arms. Job done. Well over 1500dmg potential. All you need really.

#10 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:14 PM

I run mine with CAP and TAG... that way, even if i run out of ammo I can still get TAG bonuses and contribute.

#11 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:54 PM

Let me amend that.

I go for max target acquisition so i have:
CAP
TAG
TC I
ARTEMIS

Dows this mean i pack less ammo than some other guys? Prolly... but i get near inta-locks in optimal situations.

I also, usually run the ssrm6 cooldown and range modules... much to the chagrin of lights thinking 390m is safe.

#12 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:59 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 30 December 2016 - 04:54 PM, said:

Let me amend that.

CAP
TAG
TC I
ARTEMIS

Dows this mean i pack less ammo than some other guys? Prolly... but i get near inta-locks in optimal situations.

I also, usually run the ssrm6 cooldown and range modules... much to the chagrin of lights thinking 390m is safe.
I thought art dosnt work on ssrm?

#13 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 30 December 2016 - 05:34 PM

View PostGrus, on 30 December 2016 - 04:59 PM, said:

I thought art dosnt work on ssrm?

Artemis increases lock speed on all targeted missiles, not just lrms last i checked...

#14 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 08:10 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 30 December 2016 - 04:54 PM, said:

Let me amend that.

CAP
TAG
TC I
ARTEMIS

Only TAG and Artemis out of the four you listed are helpful for reducing target lock time. TCs and BAP/CAP don't help for that.

#15 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 30 December 2016 - 08:21 PM

^ correct

#16 Edward Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 255 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:00 PM

View PostGrus, on 30 December 2016 - 02:11 PM, said:

You should rephrase this, it should be the "complete finished product game generation" vs the "free to play generation". Many of us old Battletech fans remember when the video games we played were "finished" products, or at least we thought so since we had no contact with the developers and we had no insight into the development process. This was good and bad, it was good, because developers could not get us to buy "early access" to unfinished products, but it was bad because we had no input into the development of the finished product. It is up to you to decide which is better, but what we have now is the reality" Time or Money", very few have both.

Edited by S0ulReapr, 30 December 2016 - 09:02 PM.

#17 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:36 PM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 30 December 2016 - 08:10 PM, said:

Only TAG and Artemis out of the four you listed are helpful for reducing target lock time. TCs and BAP/CAP don't help for that.

I would not say cap/bap don't help since it will negate one nearby ecm that would otherwise prevent your locking at all. Try taking on a Pirates Bane at point blank. Even with tag, you can't get a lock, only if you get out from under its influence. So yes, split hairs, but it can assist with getting lock for that reason. It also allows you to get locks on overheated/powered down mechs more easily. My point was, to bring all the fixin's or run the risk of being nullified.

Edited by MovinTarget, 30 December 2016 - 09:36 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users