"get A Better Browser"

1 reply to this topic

#1 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 30 December 2016 - 08:54 PM

I'm a worry wart, i know that it's practically a cakewalk for me to get hacked by a bonifide hacker, etc., but i still take precautions like disabling java-script globally by default, preventing harmful javascripts from automatically doing something malicious to my computer.

Anyways, when i visit mwomercs.com, with the javascript temporarily disabled the message "This site requires javascript" and then "Get a better browser" button to go with it.

Curious, does PGI endorse a specific browser? I don't click on it because i'm quite satisfied with Chrome.

#2 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 10:18 PM

Security conscious folks use plugins/extensions like noscript to selectively allow some sites to run javascript while denying it on untrusted sites.

There are some browsers like lynx which were deliberately designed not to support javascript & browsers from the time before javascript was developed, of course, wouldn't have it.

As far as I know, PGI's forums run on vbulletin, simple machines, phpbb or another brand of pre-existing forum software.

Web based developers who create things like forum software, usually shoot for platform independancy / cross platform compatibility.

The same can be said of web standards. There are efforts made to have a single web standard which defines how different browsers handle meta tags, etc.

In other words, I don't have a clue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users