27 replies to this topic

#21 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 01:42 PM

View PostJman5, on 03 January 2017 - 12:11 PM, said:

I think it would improve group queue significantly if Matchmaker was allowed to pull in a maximum of 1 solo player per team when it's having trouble fitting the various groups into a 12v12. This would be an opt-in of course. Plus it would take care of that awkward 11-man group situation.

I've loooong been a proponent of the opt-in, "open queue" for this game. As long as the the number of soloists is balanced per team, I'd argue you could even go beyond one per team.

#22 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 January 2017 - 01:50 PM

PSR is a joke. It pretty much only had one job- keep the tier 1 guys away from the tier 4/5 guys and it can't even reliably do that.

#23 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 02:01 PM

Real joke isnt PSR anymore, real joke is all people who still trust PSR work or did worked one day Posted Image

For back to the thread i guess novakaine did just a parody about this other thread https://mwomercs.com...these-premades/
Posted Image Posted Image Sorry novakaine but people there need help for understand basic harmless trolls made for some fun ^^

Edited by Idealsuspect, 03 January 2017 - 02:11 PM.

#24 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 03 January 2017 - 02:08 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 03 January 2017 - 11:04 AM, said:

Can't be a lie if people like RestosIII wants to fall back to T3-4. Higher tier does have more competition. My stats would skyrocket if I somehow fall to T5.

Shame PGI kept the upwards bias on the PSR system though.

Agreed, my clanner alt is just one tier lower, and I do see the difference in gameplay. You'll get those occasional weird games when it feels the MM is switched off, but that's not the big picture for me.

About the upward bias, that's more interesting. One thing I'd bear in mind that an "upward" bias is an expected behaviour even in a perfect, "zero-sum" tier system (say an even 20% of player base in each tier).

The thing is, you'll naturally have some replacement happening in the player population, with some players quitting, new players coming in. If you then have someone play the game continuously for let's say two years, you'd expect him to have an increasing experience advantage compared to the average player. And as people typically get better at doing things with experience, it's expected that most long-time players tend to go up in tiers, even in a "perfect" system.

That said, it's entirely possible that the upwards movement is a bit too easy in MWO. I'm about to hit Tier 1 and I kind of wonder if we have so few players better than I am...

#25 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 02:10 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 03 January 2017 - 10:57 AM, said:

Zero sum PSR

That would at least help, instead of the Oprah style
Posted Image

I would have to play QP to get T1. Until I run out of broken glass to chew that's a rare occurance.

Conversely I just managed to steal my first Wyvern egg! A level 76 poison! Poor Flappy, my Argentavis, died bravely under fire and Lightning trying to get us to safety and I lasted all of 3 seconds longer.

However the brave and fearless Bouncy McHoppsalot my Procoptodon took me back naked for corpse retrieval, bounding over the hellish landscape of Scorched earth like the Incredible Effin' Hulk, dodging and kiting enraged Wyverns like Mohammad Ali in Moon Shoes. Recovered my gear and the egg and even dodged a Deathworm circling back to base for full cinematic effect.

Now, with my precious egg tucked in the smoker to buy time I've got to build a proper 16 campfire rookery to hatch the little bugger, then good ol' Happy and I will be culling, kiting and tranqing girl Wyverns for milking to keep my budding little pet beauty fed, fat and happy for the several days to adulthood.

Oh, and I have to go collect a crap ton of silk to fix the Ascendant Desert Pants that Raptor Claus gave me. Best Pants Ever, destroyed by angry dragons.

So I'll spend more time grinding to fix a pair of pants and playing Wyvern egg tamagochi than it would take to get to T1... yet I'll spend more time actually playing ARK rather than waiting for matches and load screens and pug lotto in MWO and hatching a level 76 Poison Wyvern (over 100 at adulthood if I manage him/her right!!!) Will give me tons of fun stuff to do in return for my time.

The other day while collecting dino poop and hacking cactus I got ganked by a trio of Terror Birds. I then died again on corpse retrieval because I was impatient and irritated, so the I had to respawn again, random. I respawn next to an alpha Raptor and his buddies. I died again and again and again until they were all so busy eating the field full of dead ME that I could run away. Yet the actual rewards for that grinding and the progressive balancing plus regular REAL content updates have me playing that over 30 minutes to build a 12man, 10 to get into a match, 25 to play it, 7 minute to recycle back to waiting for a match, 7 more minutes uses to get into the drop... so when buffs and balance issues and bad game design screw up my game experience it's more impacting because I'm only getting ganked 20 minutes out of every hour actually playing.

So we drift away to games more focused on making a good game experience and pop back now and again to enjoy the latest round of broken promises and fix-less fixes and grind away for... a nice bit of nothing.

What a devoted playerbase we would be if PGI was as invested as half the devs of half the other games I play.

#26 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 04 January 2017 - 02:53 AM

View PostPaigan, on 03 January 2017 - 11:44 AM, said:

Define "noobs".

http://www.urbandict...e.php?term=Noob

being a noob is not relevant to game time, because noobs=/=newbs

and there is for whatever reason a good part in the community just doing the same mistake over and over and over again without ever realising those mistakes.

Edited by Lily from animove, 04 January 2017 - 02:54 AM.

#27 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:04 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 04 January 2017 - 02:53 AM, said:

and there is for whatever reason a good part in the community just doing the same mistake over and over and over again without ever realising those mistakes.

I am guilty of this.

I usualy (about 2/3 games) play with people I can trust to work with me, so if someone calls a push I do it, then a few seconds after the enemy start shooting at us I am on my own because the other 11 players (including the person who called the push) stop and hide as soon as 1 enemy Mech starts firing at us, when we could have pushed in and smashed a lance with minimal damage instead that lance smashes me, and because I am used to playing with people I can trust I keep making that mistake.

#28 MarineTechs Protege

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:00 AM

View PostNovakaine, on 03 January 2017 - 10:40 AM, said:

Please limit the maximum number of noobs you can bring into a match to 1 full Lance.
This is really frustrating for veteran players and for me as a veteran player to carry a match.
Let these Noob Clans go play a Faction match if they want to play with other noobs.
Or is Tier 2 an actual lie?

Would you rather have what we have, or would you rather have classic Matchmaker ******** back?

Choose your poison. You can't have your cake and eat it too buddy.

This is PGI. We will either get ******** one way, or ******** the other way.

Edited by MarineTechs Protege, 08 January 2017 - 03:00 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users