18 replies to this topic

#1 sjws are theproblem

Rookie

• The Star
  • The Star
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:12 PM

why cant clan have a 20 ton mech?
we get cucked with the myst linx(a.k.a. 25 tons of almost useless.)

thats all i want in life.

>in b4 :myst linx is good
no its not, its a light that goes at 119k
my assault goes 87.

#2 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:15 PM

The crit lynx disagrees

#3 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:18 PM

Big mech + no armor + primarily arm mounted weapons = bad time. I'd love to see it, I just question how effective it would actually be.

#4 Trenchbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:19 PM

And your "Assault" is basically an overweight heavy with less pod space than a Timber Wolf.

That Mist Lynx, on the other hand, boats 8 MGs, and can shred a location of crits in seconds. I'm honestly more afraid of those because they tend to be a death knell (Not the Commando, the other one) late game.

#5 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:25 PM

View Postone punch bot, on 17 August 2017 - 08:12 PM, said:

Because your 20 ton Clan mech breaks the games hit reg without MASC.

Seriously, do some of you guys not know the abilities of some mechs you want?

The Moth goes 172 something km/h normally, hit reg breaks down at about 171 km/h. Then add MASC into the mix and the Moth hits 200+ km/h easy, it's pretty much invincible at that point cause of how broken hit reg is.

#6 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,059 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:34 PM

sounds like somebody hasn't ran one of those machine gun spam clan kitty cat lights. can we have our 6mg spiders now?

even if you dont run that config that st dual energy mount will come in handy for laser vomit configurations. the general lack of st hardpoints i think is a major reason for the initial ml suckage. its so much better now.

still i think a clan 20 tonner is in order.

Edited by LordNothing, 17 August 2017 - 08:38 PM.

#7 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:40 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 17 August 2017 - 08:34 PM, said:

still i think a clan 20 tonner is in order.

Didn't Russ or someone say the Piranha was going to be a thing pretty soon? There's your Clan 20 tonner, complete with a dozen flipping machine guns.

#8 Stonefalcon

• The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,373 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:42 PM

View PostAncientRaig, on 17 August 2017 - 08:18 PM, said:

I'd love to see it.

@216kph you won't

#9 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,059 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:53 PM

View PostAlan Davion, on 17 August 2017 - 08:40 PM, said:

Didn't Russ or someone say the Piranha was going to be a thing pretty soon? There's your Clan 20 tonner, complete with a dozen flipping machine guns.

so 60-120 days.

Edited by LordNothing, 17 August 2017 - 08:53 PM.

#10 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:44 PM

View PostRoughneck45, on 17 August 2017 - 08:15 PM, said:

The crit lynx disagrees

The crit lynx is a gimmick with arms that fall off if even half your average laser vomit alpha burns on them

It also has an entire 1 ton wasted on an active probe and 4 too many jumpjets

Those jumpjets also heat the mech up very noticeably

And finally, 1 and a half tons of ammo for 8 MGs is definitely not enough. Too bad 1 ton is wasted

#11 A Man In A Can

• 1,594 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:14 PM

Yeah. It was during the June 24 town hall with Chris at around 2:14:30 where Russ states the Piranha was chosen for the currently-on-hold next multi-mech pack. Given the trend the Thanatos is setting, it is highly likely the Piranha will be released in its own pack before the end of the year.

#12 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:02 PM

View Postone punch bot, on 17 August 2017 - 08:12 PM, said:

we get cucked with the myst linx(a.k.a. 25 tons of almost useless.)

thats all i want in life.

>in b4 :myst linx is good
no its not, its a light that goes at 119k
my assault goes 87.

That is one of the most 4chan-ish posts I've seen on these forums. I also don't know how that word isn't censored here.

Anyways, the Adder goes even slower and it's a good light-medium. And I'd personally vote for the Piranha over the Firemoth. Firemoth over the Howler though for sure.

View PostThatNumbGuy, on 17 August 2017 - 10:14 PM, said:

Yeah. It was during the June 24 town hall with Chris at around 2:14:30 where Russ states the Piranha was chosen for the currently-on-hold next multi-mech pack. Given the trend the Thanatos is setting, it is highly likely the Piranha will be released in its own pack before the end of the year.

Wait what. How did I not hear about this? I should be informed immediately whenever anything that slightly resembles news about CDS or its products get mentioned, and the Piranha is a big one. I hope y'all aren't playing a cruel joke.

Edited by RestosIII, 17 August 2017 - 11:05 PM.

#13 A Man In A Can

• 1,594 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:21 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 17 August 2017 - 11:02 PM, said:

Wait what. How did I not hear about this? I should be informed immediately whenever anything that slightly resembles news about CDS or its products get mentioned, and the Piranha is a big one. I hope y'all aren't playing a cruel joke.

No. It's there. I'm dead to the world serious. I even scoured the June 24th town hall on YT again just to be sure. Russ mentions it by the 2:14:30 mark right before he goes on about his Solaris idea.

https://youtu.be/GW5NExhdN-s?t=8071

They decided it. The Piranha was going to be included in what would have been another super pack.

Now it's just a matter of when it's going to be announced as its own stand-alone pack, and my figure is before the end of the year.

Edited by ThatNumbGuy, 17 August 2017 - 11:30 PM.

#14 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:29 PM

View PostThatNumbGuy, on 17 August 2017 - 11:21 PM, said:

No. It's there. I'm dead to the world serious. I even scoured the June 24th town hall on YT again just to be sure. Russ mentions it by the 2:14:30 mark right before he goes on about his Solaris idea.

They decided it. The Piranha was going to be included in what would have been another super pack.

Now it's just a matter of when it's going to be announced as its own stand-alone pack, and my figure is before the end of the year.

I'll take your word on it since I can't check to verify your claim right now. That alone means I desperately need to fix my finances so I can have extra spending $$$.

#15 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:45 AM

View PostRestosIII, on 17 August 2017 - 11:29 PM, said:

I'll take your word on it since I can't check to verify your claim right now. That alone means I desperately need to fix my finances so I can have extra spending $$$.

Posted Image

Still missing those anime gifs ;P.

(It's funny: first, you linked so many that it annoyed me. Now I'm missing them. It's either about the right amount or I am just crazy Posted Image)

But on topic:
I am waiting for the Firemoth for a long time. It's more less the only Mech I would still spend real money on. Because I don't need a fourth variation of something I already have. What I do want/need, however, would be the invasion Mechs to be completed (finally!) and some funny pesky clan 20 tonner.

Even if it will be technically hard-capped at a certain speed. In MWO, Masc is more about agility and acceleration, anyway.

Edited by Paigan, 18 August 2017 - 12:49 AM.

#16 Admiral-Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 578 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:33 AM

He said we would get the Firemoth years ago. Posted Image
I believe it when I drive one. Posted Image

#17 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:03 AM

View PostPaigan, on 18 August 2017 - 12:45 AM, said:

Posted Image

Still missing those anime gifs ;P.

(It's funny: first, you linked so many that it annoyed me. Now I'm missing them. It's either about the right amount or I am just crazy Posted Image)

The majority of my gif outlet is aimed at the "Mechs as Gifs" thread nowadays, mostly because of the fact that a decently sized group of people were taking offense to my posting habits, and were griefing me constantly ingame. That, and I have a rule of not posting a gif twice within a totally arbitrary time period, so my material needs to be rationed out efficiently. Now, if you really want me to go back to having every third post on the forums having a gif in it, I think I can take one for the team... ;)

View PostPaigan, on 18 August 2017 - 12:45 AM, said:

But on topic:
I am waiting for the Firemoth for a long time. It's more less the only Mech I would still spend real money on. Because I don't need a fourth variation of something I already have. What I do want/need, however, would be the invasion Mechs to be completed (finally!) and some funny pesky clan 20 tonner.

Even if it will be technically hard-capped at a certain speed. In MWO, Masc is more about agility and acceleration, anyway.

Personally, unless she can go her max speed, I don't want the Firemoth ingame. I honestly think she'll be DOA if they were to add her with reduced speed, because she has a lot of tonnage invested to reach that point.

#18 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:49 AM

View PostRestosIII, on 18 August 2017 - 02:03 AM, said:

[...]
Personally, unless she can go her max speed, I don't want the Firemoth ingame. I honestly think she'll be DOA if they were to add her with reduced speed, because she has a lot of tonnage invested to reach that point.

Good point.

Maybe a little lore-breaking Mech-engine downgrade to match an MWO-engine-reasonable speed and invest the saved tonnage into armor and other stuff?
Or would the lore-zealots then start killing people? Posted Image
Or maybe they could just release those variants as "FRM-A*", "FRM-B*", etc. and keep the original ones for maybe a future MWO-engine upgrade.

Anyway, it would still be useful to have a clan 20tonner. For FP dropdecks, for tiny size and high agility and of course, for the lulz.
At least much more usefull to have another medium, heavy or assault "reskin".

PS:
wait ... the little bugger is a she?
... *intense googling* ...

Hm. Now, that you mention it ...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Paigan, 18 August 2017 - 03:53 AM.

#19 tatersaladftw

• PipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:16 AM

View PostAlan Davion, on 17 August 2017 - 08:25 PM, said:

Because your 20 ton Clan mech breaks the games hit reg without MASC.

Seriously, do some of you guys not know the abilities of some mechs you want?

The Moth goes 172 something km/h normally, hit reg breaks down at about 171 km/h. Then add MASC into the mix and the Moth hits 200+ km/h easy, it's pretty much invincible at that point cause of how broken hit reg is.

Which is...fine. Have its speed capped at 171 and give it insane mobility quirks and let MASC be used for acceleration, deceleration, and really sharp changes of direction. It would be fine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users