7 replies to this topic

#1 Julmust Jaeger

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 08:39 PM

Coming soontm to a forum near you!

And we are live from Sunny Solaris!

Edited by Julmust Jaeger, 08 January 2017 - 08:04 PM.

#2 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts
  • LocationDr Dude, Dr Mom.

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:12 AM

Six posts in one day? I think that makes this the fourth longest running RP to date

#3 Julmust Jaeger

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 05:07 PM

For the record, no performance enhancing drugs were used during the creation of these posts.

---

A second wave of posts are currently being planned, expect all that makes Solaris great: stompy robots, drama, DRAMA, and more references to cartoon shows created by Australians.

#4 Malintus

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:12 AM

I'm all for forum RPs, but I have just one teensy question: What the hell is happening? You have one post that said "Coming soon" until you changed it to "Here it is" and then all of a sudden it's an explosion of posts from what appears to be Solaris VII announcers from multiple people and I'm honestly a little lost. Is the forum open, closed, invite only? Can other people apply characters to a set story or is this all a closed group writing project?

#5 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:58 PM

View PostMalintus, on 11 January 2017 - 09:12 AM, said:

I'm all for forum RPs, but I have just one teensy question: What the hell is happening? Is the forum open, closed, invite only? Can other people apply characters to a set story or is this all a closed group writing project?

Fibber, that's like, three questions.

explosion of posts

That's the pro, pro prologue. Which is to say a well done prologue about professional athletes.

Julmust is the game master behind this one, he'll get an explanation of what this is soon, but on the quick.

Athletes/Invite/Closed Currently.

#6 Julmust Jaeger

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:00 PM

Thanks for the 15 second special Gamma.

---

Addressing the questions posed:

What the hell is happening? You have one post that said "Coming soon" until you changed it to "Here it is" and then all of a sudden it's an explosion of posts from what appears to be Solaris VII announcers from multiple people and I'm honestly a little lost.

The six posts we posted are basically introductions for the current main characters of our fanciful story and providing some background information. Essentially, we were really tired of the classic character sheet method of presenting characters, so we tried to figure out interesting, different, and setting appropriate ways of introducing our cast.

A lot of the current posts are "fluff" we added because we wanted to focus on the sports/entertainment of Solaris (which is why there's an interview, a stats sheet, a sports show discussion, and a press conference).

To clarify a bit more about each post individually:

Post 1 (by Gamma) is an interview with Theodore York, the charming Blakist and veteran member of the Black Hills Heroes (formerly Aldrich Stables).

Post 2 (by Gamma) is the obituary of Gary “The Natural” Aldrich who's death sets of the entire story. What sets this apart from the other posts is that it's less of a character introduction and more of different way to drop some background information on the Black Hills Heroes.

Post 3 (by Sparks Murphey) is a "stats sheet" for Harisha “Nightwolf” Narang, a former sim league pilot, which sets up some basic information about him and perhaps most importantly highlights his strengths and weaknesses as a pilot.

Post 4 (by Listless Nomad and Gamma) involves two sports show hosts discussing the general state of the Team Circuit, before specifically leading into a discussion of the current acquisitions of the Black Hills Heroes, as well as some of there potential woes. This post also focuses heavily on the introduction of Quentin Lang (a veteran Solaris pilot, but new member of the team) and some more information is provided on "Nightwolf" (such as his lack of trigger discipline).

Post 5 (by Gamma and Julmust Jaeger) is the first "classic" RP post in this RP, wherein we simply wrote up a quick scene where the Black Hills Heroes lose their expected Captain (Sarah Halstead) to their most bitter rivals. In general, this post was just intended to "show" but not tell some of the current problems facing the Heroes, to illustrate some of the dynamics of the veteran members of the group (Sven and Teddy), and to to show some of their personality.

Post 6 (by Gamma and Julmust Jaeger) is simply a press conference, focusing on General Manager Rhodes and newly crowned captain Sven "Moose" Iwamoto. Basically, we wanted to set the stage for the coming season of Team Circuit matches for the Black Hills Heroes.

Is the forum open, closed, invite only?

On this forum whether RPs are in general open, closed, invite only is completely specific to the RP/GM (the vast majority of RPs here have been open to anyone, others have been invite only, and often a GM will close an RP to new players after a certain number of people sign up).

For this RP in particular, it was invite only and I'm not currently looking to add new players (so closed for now).

That may change in the future, but I want to make sure things run smoothly to start off with and I'm not quite sure how many players I can handle (compared to say Thom Frankfurt or G is for Gamma, my GM experience is pretty limited, so I'm trying to keep things manageable).

Can other people apply characters to a set story or is this all a closed group writing project?

I'm not quite sure what your asking.

Are you asking if other people can still send me character sheets or are you asking of other people can write stuff that's "in the universe" of this RP so to speak?

Edited by Julmust Jaeger, 12 January 2017 - 03:26 PM.

#7 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 08:00 PM

Thread ain't dead, we're just busy with grown up stuff. There will be more cool story soon.

#8 Thom Frankfurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:00 PM

Real life, you know I hate it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users