"network Error" + Penalty System = Fail

9 replies to this topic

#1 Scythe Kagato

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:34 AM

Just dropped within the last 10 minutes on Tourmaline, Conquest. Headed on over to Epsilon since no one else thought it necessary to take it. I arrive and hit the key for minimap.

Boom. Immediately sent to the Mechlab.

I do the double-click to get back in. No go.

I try again. No go.

I close the client and restart the game. Login..."network error".

And again..."network error".

And again..."network error".

I close all the things and reboot the computer...go go SSD...

..."network error".

..."network error".

Then it works. Apparently I'm out of the match now so I go to drop.

Oh, sorry, sit in the penalty box for 2 minutes for leaving early and not returning. Nevermind that the error was totally on PGI's end.

Meanwhile I was on the computer next to me checking connectivity and even looking at the forums wondering what the hell was going on.

What the hell?

Edited by Scythe Kagato, 06 January 2017 - 12:36 AM.

#2 John Foster

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:44 AM

I am experiencing the same issues...go to start match..vote for a map...launches...kicked back to mechlab with "Disconnected from sever". Now Sitting on a 5 min Penalty

#3 Insanity09

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 551 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:52 AM

Likewise, I've been seeing this issue. I've been "disconnected from game server" twice now, once while playing, once while in a start screen.

The European server ping for me isn't even registering, as if the server is unreachable, Oceanic is in the red, and the NA server is high but acceptable.

The one game I managed to start my team had 7, yes seven, DC's. I became the 8th, so I've no idea what happened (at the start screen the other team only seemed to have 3 DC's). I was rubberbanding so badly through most of the game that it was actually a relief to be booted.

Happily, I didn't have to sit in the penalty box after being booted the first time (though I had been killed, so perhaps that is why?).

Guess I'm done for the night.

Edit for clarity

Edited by Insanity09, 06 January 2017 - 11:27 AM.

#4 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:25 AM

I've just been hit by this problem, as well. I don't know what the hell PGI has been up to since New Year's, but things have turned into "drastically unstable fail". And you know what's really bad? I'VE GOT PREMIUM TIME FROM THE PREVIOUS EVENT TICKING IN THE BACKGROUND RIGHT NOW!!! I DON'T DESERVE TO BE GETTING SHORTED MY HARD EFFORTS LIKE THIS, AND I DEMAND SOME DAMN ADDITIONAL COMPENSATION FOR THE TROUBLE THIS IS CAUSING!!! I'VE ALREADY LOST MORE THAN TWO OR THREE DAYS WORTH OF THE FOUR FROM THE EVENT BECAUSE OF THIS!!! <_<

To PGI, I ask the following... PGI, WHAT THE [BEEP] HAS GONE WRONG WITH YOU, THAT YOU WOULD SHORT PEOPLE OF THEIR HARD-EARNED PREMIUM TIME AND TOTALLY [BEEP] THEM OVER?!?!?!? :angry:

~Mr. D. V. "Don't make me unleash this rage under my hood right now. I don't take well to being shorted." Devnull

#5 TW 996

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 17 posts
  • LocationGermany, Osnabrück

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:30 AM

the same at me at cannyon network one time i got an rejoin and over the half of the mechs was disconnected. the other half have fun.
i got the penalty

so after one game on viridian, now the same on polar and grim

Edited by TW 996, 06 January 2017 - 01:49 AM.

#6 DarkReality

Rookie

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:48 AM

Do you guys have the same issue where you prefer connection to EU servers only and get sent to an NA server where you disconnect from?

Looks like the EU servers are just down / unreachable, resulting in (what I'm guessing is) mostly EU players disconnecting from NA servers.

#7 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 06 January 2017 - 08:38 AM

Honestly, from the sounds of things, this is probably not PGI's fault. It sounds like a router server (whatever the connection between you and other things) that connects you to the match server is not functioning. Could be a disconnected cable (it's happened before) or even a hosting server crash.

It would explain the lack of ping to the EU servers, as well as the number of DCs in a match being talked about here. If this is the case, the internet companies will need to correct it, and PGI/MW:O can do nothing till it's fixed.

View PostD V Devnull, on 06 January 2017 - 01:25 AM, said:

To PGI, I ask the following... PGI, WHAT THE [BEEP] HAS GONE WRONG WITH YOU, THAT YOU WOULD SHORT PEOPLE OF THEIR HARD-EARNED PREMIUM TIME AND TOTALLY [BEEP] THEM OVER?!?!?!? Posted Image

Seen as you appear most disgruntled out of everyone here, and fastest with the pointing finger at only PGI, read my response above.

#8 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 553 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:20 AM

I and many others have had the the same thing happen to us in-game which led to our deaths and a penalty. Happened ight after that last maintenance down time. So you guys are hardly alone. Like I tell my guys whenever something really messed up happens: "PGI."

#9 TW 996

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 17 posts
  • LocationGermany, Osnabrück

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:55 AM

I do not think so that the problem where at my connection. If i rejoined the map locks very funny. I noticed 6 or more yellow (disconnected) teammates. An the half of the enemy team looks like the traininground targets. But 30 seconds later i was disconnected too.

After the maintance i had only one game that i could completed. I tryed it for an houer

#10 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:01 AM

View PostTW 996, on 06 January 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

I do not think so that the problem where at my connection. If i rejoined the map locks very funny. I noticed 6 or more yellow (disconnected) teammates. An the half of the enemy team looks like the traininground targets. But 30 seconds later i was disconnected too.

After the maintance i had only one game that i could completed. I tryed it for an houer

It still very well could be a temperamental server (and possibly not even PGI's server, for the record). I recall a time when PGI had an update, and after that update a lot of people were having the problems you described. The issue ended up being in an out bound server that retained an older version of the game directory (not on PGI's end), which then redirected people to the wrong server IPs/files. PGI had to see where the problem was, and once they discovered it wasn't on their end, had to contact the internet people(s) so they could fix the issue on their side.

Another case that happened, the underwater cable that ran to Australia managed to be severed. All of Australia (and some other placed in that area/network) wasn't able to connect to the game servers, but they where able to connect to the website and forums (because that information took a different path through a different cable).

I am not saying this is or is not PGI's fault, but there is a strong likely hood that this has nothing to do with PGI. You are talking about the internet. There are many things that can go wrong, and your data is processed through hundreds (if not even thousands) of computers and cables. All it takes is for a few connections to be severed, and things go wrong... A main central server hub... A cable line... Solar Flares (yes, even these can disrupt things)...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users