Fw: Is It Broken?

22 replies to this topic

#21 Bahktosh

• PipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:54 PM

I disagree even in QP teamplay matters..sometimes more so since you have just the one life. I find myself being the only one calling targets....or worse the team splitting up....or worse a bored 12 man jumping in QP. You can play as good as you want..but 12 ppl playing as good is still way too much for one mech. Its still disbalanced..it still doesnt fix it...yeah my rank can still break even at five hundred but i still lose. It changes nothing..you still NEED TEAMWORK and seriously does your rank actually determine who you play against..because when i moved up i was still fighting against the same guys despite having moved up..I dont get it.

And what do you mean..if You do less damage..the enemy was bad...didnt you just tell me if I'm not doing more damage than its my playstyle..doesnt the same apply to you?..now I'm just plain confused.

#22 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:46 PM

View PostBahktosh, on 13 January 2017 - 09:54 PM, said:

And what do you mean..if You do less damage..the enemy was bad...didnt you just tell me if I'm not doing more damage than its my playstyle..doesnt the same apply to you?..now I'm just plain confused.

He means the targets were not torso twisting so they were killed with little damage.

The bottom line answer for you, and really all questions/complaints about skill imbalance with the MM and FW is control the variables you that you can. Who you play with and your own play. If you really want to win FW with consistency you have to find other players who want to do just that.

Faction Play does not use a skill based matchmaker.

Quickplay does, it is supposed to match you only with players within two tiers of your own but it goes outside of that regularly.

Edited by Roughneck45, 13 January 2017 - 11:39 PM.

#23 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:49 PM

View PostBahktosh, on 13 January 2017 - 09:54 PM, said:

I disagree even in QP teamplay matters..sometimes more so since you have just the one life. I find myself being the only one calling targets....or worse the team splitting up....or worse a bored 12 man jumping in QP. You can play as good as you want..but 12 ppl playing as good is still way too much for one mech. Its still disbalanced..it still doesnt fix it...yeah my rank can still break even at five hundred but i still lose. It changes nothing..you still NEED TEAMWORK and seriously does your rank actually determine who you play against..because when i moved up i was still fighting against the same guys despite having moved up..I dont get it.

Ok....

1. A bored 12man cannot jump into QP. You are then put into the Group Queue for QP. Not solo, so there is no way you'll see a 12man in solo. You need to team with people and drop for that to happen and in QP it is very rare to see due to the tonnage restriction.

2. You might disagree, but I'm telling you - you can get a decent match score in a solo QP, if you play well and progress up the tiers even if you lose more matches than you win. That is how the PSR bar works.

3. What I said if you are not doing at least an average of 450dmg (over 20 games) in a Laser Vom EBJ, then there is something in your play style that needs attention. It's one of the easiest mechs/builds to get damage out of.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users