Solo-Queue And Group-Queue

9 replies to this topic

#1 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:31 AM

Against solo-drops, large group-drops almost always result in a stomp, practically they win by match up almost immediately. While it's not impossible to win with solo-drops against large-group-drops, it's less likely.

Should we get different queues? Solo-drops should only fight solo drops, group-drops should only fight group-drops? I think they should.

#2 Skipmagnet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:47 AM

They tried this for like ten minutes a while back, but no one noticed because they did it at the same time something broken came out, and then rolled it back saying it was a failure after like 48 hours or some ****. Not all that long ago, I don't think.

Edited by eyeballs, 20 January 2017 - 02:47 AM.

#3 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:08 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 20 January 2017 - 02:31 AM, said:

Against solo-drops, large group-drops almost always result in a stomp, practically they win by match up almost immediately. While it's not impossible to win with solo-drops against large-group-drops, it's less likely.

Should we get different queues? Solo-drops should only fight solo drops, group-drops should only fight group-drops? I think they should.

No, not in CW.

Solo's do fight solos and still get stomped.

Groups do fight Groups and still get stomped.

Only factor that makes any real difference is teamwork, the one's that use it win.

#4 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:23 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 20 January 2017 - 03:08 AM, said:

No, not in CW.

Solo's do fight solos and still get stomped.

Groups do fight Groups and still get stomped.

Only factor that makes any real difference is teamwork, the one's that use it win.

I did say that: "almost always result in a stomp" and "While it's not impossible to win with solo-drops against large-group-drops, it's less likely."

But lets face it, it's more likely that group-drops are cooperated than solo-drops.

#5 KinLuu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:38 AM

Yes, Solo-Drops and Group-Drops should be separated.

#6 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 04:39 AM

View Posteyeballs, on 20 January 2017 - 02:47 AM, said:

They tried this for like ten minutes a while back

No they didn't. Unit tag/non unit tag split was not a solo/group split.

I wonder if people will ever understand the difference.

#7 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,680 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 20 January 2017 - 05:03 AM

View Postmeteorol, on 20 January 2017 - 04:39 AM, said:

Do you blame them, PGI did not understand either when the players were requesting a split Posted Image

I know, I know, two wrongs do not make a right....

And PGI does collect data so they should have known how it would work out anyhow, unless they were looking at just the overall data and not current events. It does make one wonder at times though... who am I kidding, it makes me wonder all the time... Posted Image

That was the patch that saw Freelancer added, Merc/Loyalist trees separated and how they could operate. PGI threw too much in at one time. With the coding that had to be involved, it does make one wonder if they were looking at the relevant data or if the coders used the wrong flags or not enough flags, causing PGI to shut it down instead of allowing it to linger. It did not help that PGI does allow one-man units, instead of allowing a people to create a unit that is disbanded unless said CO has 3 others join the unit with one week, at which point it is activated.

Ahh, the dartboard of choice!!!!!

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 20 January 2017 - 05:29 AM.

#8 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 20 January 2017 - 05:19 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 20 January 2017 - 03:23 AM, said:

I did say that: "almost always result in a stomp" and "While it's not impossible to win with solo-drops against large-group-drops, it's less likely."

But lets face it, it's more likely that group-drops are cooperated than solo-drops.

Thankfully, we have three separate game queues to cater to separate playstyles.

Wait? Huh? Groups are organized and solo's are not?!? Shocking. In other late breaking news, water found to be wet! More at 11.

If you want to play alone in end game, you know what you are going to face. You want to play alone in the queues primarily designed for group and unit play. You want to go off and do your own thing while 11 others work together, you want to be 'that guy'.

What's next, complain you cannot drop solo in group only queue then complain groups stomp followed up by wanting group queue to change to make it easier for solo's?

#9 Votanin FleshRender

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 518 posts
  • Location3rd rock from the Sun

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:35 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 20 January 2017 - 05:19 AM, said:

Thankfully, we have three separate game queues to cater to separate playstyles.

QP doesn't offer free mech bays. Which is a huge driving force pushing newbies into CW to get slaughtered. Getting slaughtered isn't fun, driving people away from CW, and away from the game in general. I will never understand how shortsighted you tryhard-mentality folks are. Without solo pugs, there isn't a CW. We've seen the ghost town CW becomes when skittles get seal-clubbed and stop playing. Without some kind of MM, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, etc will continue to be the same failure with different flavors.

#10 Votanin FleshRender

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 518 posts
  • Location3rd rock from the Sun

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:39 AM

View Postmeteorol, on 20 January 2017 - 04:39 AM, said:

This. When they tried a solo Q, it was implemented terribly. If you were in a unit, you couldn't join the solo Q. No wonder it wasn't used much.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users