• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:38 AM

Hail Kinsmen.

We haven't had a Jarlsmoot in some time and I feel like we could use one.

There are a few things I'd like to specifically discuss:

The Star League-
The idea that our TS could become the primary IS CW TS and it's implications

Channel Management -
With the recent merger between FRR/Kurita Hubs we've had an influx of units and I'd like to keep the amount of channel clutter as low as possible.

Flair/Badge Management-
Stromtrooper is very outdated and needs to be replaced.
1k-5K tags probably need a new curator system. Also, are they even relevant anymore?
Other tags/badges? I have resisted adding a lot of tags because I don't want to over-clutter our TS. But I've been considering introducing some Operation Great Dane badges and perhaps if we have other Ops like it.. maybe that could become a thing?

Other stuff -
Future Operations, Future of the RKA and it's new relationship with the DCMS, other questions and concerns people have.

WHEN:

Tuesday,
January 17th
8pm EST

WHERE:

FRR/Kurita/Star League hub
Near the top, I'll make a channel - it'll be very obvious.

#2 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:45 PM

Its nice to have a meeting. In case i cant make it (its on a weekday and i have a strict mom) i will post my thoughts here.

The Star League: i like the idea, but if it happens i belive we should have our own seperate identites. What i mean is just that every faction should be seperate and distinct. I am for the idea as i like meeting new people (although i can be a bit shy)

Channel management: no comment. You and your officals can work on that

Flair/badge management. I like your ideas on new badges and agree that adding too many can look to cluttery. (i go on the 228 ts server and they have so many badges that it looks like a complete cluster**** to me. For the K badges, do what you want. I belive personally that with 4.1 the K badges have more value, but you probabaly have a better solution than I.

At the moment i do not have any other questions and comments. I will try to make it to the meeting!

#3 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:08 PM

I'll be there for the Son's of Odin (-SO-).

#4 Suldanessala

• PipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:32 AM

Unfortunatly 8pm EST is way to late/early for us but the 36th Dieron Regulars will support the idea of a combined TS for all IS factions.

Edited by Suldanessala, 15 January 2017 - 09:35 AM.

#5 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:38 PM

just wanna say about the badges, i like them. ive busted my butt to finally get a 2k tag, and im very proud i got it the other day (my names in the waiting on proofs, hint hint, nudge nudge)

as for tags in general, i think you should have a good amount, but not an excessive amount. giving them out to participants is a nice gesture, and i think people who get into the rp side would really apreciate it, i know id like it.

as for a star league hub, its nive, and i think it needs to be expanded on. in another thread it was stated that many feel the new sstar league hub is a factor in the IS's slow delaying of the clans. recently weve done much better, and recently those longships have been filling up. i think its related. maybe we need 2-3 more longships, especially for friday nights like this past friday, were everything was full.

how do you organize it? thats hard to say. a meeting room up top like the dragons den, the kurita room we currently have. that could be expanded on and we could have one for every house, however there is a 7th group that should be recognized in addition to the 5houses and the frr, and thats people who want to be Inner Sphere loyalists, and by that i mean those who hop between IS factions, but dont call any one house home, but dont fight for the clans either. now with the merging factions into a 2 bukkit system, thats a viable path that we need to include. and we will want to keep the old house teamspeaks going, because after the 24th theyre seriously hinting at an inter tech event, so well want a different place to go to handle those, however during times without an event i believe the star league hub should be the MAIN hub for the IS.

#6 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 17 January 2017 - 01:30 PM

I should be there.

#7 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:56 PM

Meeting went well, a few things that were addressed:
  • Removal of Stomtrooper TS Badges; Introduction of RKA Certified TS Badges
  • Introduction of Operation Great Dane & Future Operation Badges
  • Strongly encouraged units and players to stop suiciding when they run into good teams.
  • Explained plans to grow the TS; allow all IS units interested to set up here.
  • Talked about more FW/CW nights; possibly one led by Night's Scorn.
  • General explanation about how the TS works for newer units and players

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users