• PipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 95 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:52 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 14 January 2017 - 03:57 PM, said:

I was a US Army Officer. I was not athletic, I had poor eyesight (I should not and did not pass the eye tests but I was OKed anyway), had a bad back and knees etc. But I had been reading about the Military and History since I was 4 years old and I was in the woods by age 6-7. I won Cadet of the year at the U of Fl three years in a row which I think is still a record.

Off topic ,but it has to be said. Thank you, sir, for serving. I thank you and your brothers for ensuring my freedom. God bless you.

#22 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:01 PM

Sorry Bahktosh but our group has been full lately so we weren't able to fit your small group in. Just keep msg me when you see me online and I'll try and get you in for a few before we go back to the IS.

#23 Ebins

• PipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 95 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:02 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 14 January 2017 - 03:57 PM, said:

But the sheer fact that I cannot shoot to save my Mech's life and my poor eyesight will always hurt me here. I played games like Total War, finding and playing this was an odd accident, lol.

I just wanted to add that I am physically disabled (auto accidents be damned). I am in constant chronic pain, and sometimes it is so bad that it really affects my playing ability. In fact, I spent another late afternoon/evening in the ER today. I slipped on some ice in a grocery store parking lot and an ambulance had to be called.

That being said, just play to the best of your physical ability. But there is more to the game than that. There is map awareness and positioning, knowing when and how to support other mechs (like assaults) and over all strategy. I think that with your military experience and grasp of battle field tactics, you could bring that over into the game and others like it. So ok, you may not be the best shooter, but your other expertise can easily outweigh that weakness. Use your knowledge to your advantage, and to any fool who won't listen to you because you can't do 1,500 damage in a round, well, its their loss!

#24 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:09 AM

View PostEbins, on 14 January 2017 - 09:02 PM, said:

I just wanted to add that I am physically disabled (auto accidents be damned). I am in constant chronic pain, and sometimes it is so bad that it really affects my playing ability. In fact, I spent another late afternoon/evening in the ER today. I slipped on some ice in a grocery store parking lot and an ambulance had to be called.

That being said, just play to the best of your physical ability. But there is more to the game than that. There is map awareness and positioning, knowing when and how to support other mechs (like assaults) and over all strategy. I think that with your military experience and grasp of battle field tactics, you could bring that over into the game and others like it. So ok, you may not be the best shooter, but your other expertise can easily outweigh that weakness. Use your knowledge to your advantage, and to any fool who won't listen to you because you can't do 1,500 damage in a round, well, its their loss!

Thanks and thanks for sharing. One reason I got hooked on MWO is the 12-15 minute burst of excitement and it's ability to help you to forget at least for a while my pain. And I do fully admit that I play and play poorly when I should not be playing. It's the reason I'm awake at 3:00am in the morning in these forums, lol.

But considering that I'm already the King of "TMI", I try not to complain too much. But remember, your keyboards are fully washable in the shower. Just make sure they are 130% dry before you plug them in or....

I often find solace in my first love, my Kit Fox, lol. It is a support mech, my job is preventing damage, not dealing it. I do not run ahead with the other Light mechs and die in a blaze, I stay with the Assaults and fight off enemy lights. I just want XP for missiles shot down, lol.

I admit it is kind of cool to be asked to join someone and please stay close. It is one reason I'm leery of people that say "lock targets for me" because I tended to die while looking over a ridge spotting. Posted Image

NO MISSILES MAY PASS!

Posted Image

#25 Ebins

• PipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 95 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 15 January 2017 - 02:31 AM

Ahhh, she's a beaut!

#26 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:27 AM

View PostEbins, on 15 January 2017 - 02:31 AM, said:

Ahhh, she's a beaut!

Thanks!

I normally go full camo but I want her to be a "target" when needed.

I even turn off her ECM at times to attract enemy attention and missiles. My first two Modules (I have an addiction) were AMS Overload and AMS Range. I wish I also had room for Adv Target Decay etc etc.

I run TOWARDS streams of missiles. I consider myself like a 35-ton metal version of a livestock guardian dog (LGD). These are large dogs that are raised with livestock and they protect from predators.

[I even do a little herding (it's like herding cats at times). I run back to safely bring up the slow assaults and then I try to keep them close to stay under my ECM protection.

The very low damage I do is one reason I went down to Tier 6. But, it gives me a niche in the game. So in the super low Tiers, I have a use.

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 15 January 2017 - 10:29 AM.

#27 Chound

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 299 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:38 PM

View PostOldbob10025, on 12 January 2017 - 06:05 PM, said:

You dont have to join a 12 man unit to get good, I win in solo matches against 12 man units as most 12 man teams do the same thing over and over and over again against the same people playing FW so when a random pug game comes and does something different they freak out and dont know what to do.

Dont let anyone tell you have to join a 12 man to be the best of the best. Dont get me wrong you will lose GAMES ALOT but you dont have to join a 12 man to dominate the field. Try with a smaller unit or just group up for a bit and see what they do in FW with the big boys. I do this sometimes and get invited to named units and play with them and study what they do and try it out to see if it fits my play style or if I want to do that. I fear a organized 4 -12 man unit that knows what they are doing and calling targets but you can do it as well if you want but dont have too..

I play FW alone and love meeting some of awesome people out there that are pugs not saying 12 man units are not cool but most that I talk with are kinda snob elites (some not all so dont get your pantyhose in a wad)..

Take time and you will lose some and win some but most of all have fun in a "GAME".. Heaven forbid

How do you play FW alone? as a loyalist. I 'm a noob but got the free centurion and a shadowhawk but have troubble finding anyone in PUG because I live in Hawaii. I'm in Tier 5 and looking for a group how do I send a pm?

View PostEbins, on 12 January 2017 - 05:55 PM, said:

Hello Bahktos, I understand your frustration. Grouping with people who do not work as a team can be really annoying. Playing with friends is where it is at. A while ago, I created my own unit for the same reason. You can win without a 12 man team. It depends on what tier you are in and where your skill level is at. I found that I lost a lot until I learned some basic tactics.

My unit, the 133rd Solahma of the Jade Falcon loyalty faction is a very small group (right now, 7 people) that play together to have fun and get some wins under our belt. Our members hail from the western United States, to Europe and Japan. We are constantly on the lookout for players who have a mature personality yet are easy going and simply want to have fun. TeamSpeak is required, but that is pretty much the only requirement. We offer individual training on mech basics and are always striving to get better as we play.

If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please feel free to add me as a friend in game, and/or private message me here. I cannot guarantee you right now that someone will always be on when you are, but as we grow, opportunities will always present itself.

Even if you find yourself a larger group of people, I would happy to give you a training lesson and give you a few pointers. You would even be welcome to join us in our drops.

Honor to you, Mechwarrior. I hope you find what you are seeking!

I don't know how to send a PM from here but this interests me how can I get in touch with you. I am still in the academy and my posting abilities here are limited. I play under Chound

#28 Ebins

• PipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 95 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:46 PM

I sent you a friend request in game, Chound :)

#29 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 05:53 PM

A PM is sent through the Forums here. Just click on someone's name to find out how.

PGI needs to upgrade it's Chat room. They just did a little but it was that, a little. What is needed is a "friend's" chat area. If I want to talk to someone, we both have to be online and I have to send him a message in game. So even though I've made over 100 friends, I have really no way to arraign to play with them.

PGI is forcing us to either join a Unit or play as a total pug with zero input on who you play with. I think playing MWO with friends you have met and like would be a blast. And it might extend the life of this game.

Over the years with Madden NFL we went from website chat rooms (nice ones) to using text to now using Facebook. Here, we still have to get together using a chat room designed in 1991. And almost no one ever uses chat.....wonder why......

#30 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,655 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 01 September 2018 - 09:19 AM

Grats on necro an almost 2 year old thread.

And this is not a PVE game where one can engine engage"god" mode, this is a PVP team based game. The rest of the posters back in Jan 2017 have said enough.

Edit. Link to what PGI is looking into doing for Faction Play...

https://mwomercs.com...on-aug-20-2018/

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 06 September 2018 - 02:23 AM.

#31 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 08:54 AM

There are only 37 Clan Wolf Loyalist left in the game. Hard to find a "unit" of them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users