Skill Tree - Is This Just A Coincidence?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:44 AM

According to the refund ledger on the test server, I'll be receiving 22,845 General Skill Points.

That's enough to fully unlock 251 Mechs.

Which is exactly the number of Mechs I currently own.

Is that just a grand coincidence? Or is this the same mathematical consequence for everyone?

Posted Image

Incidentally, I won't need anywhere near so many General Skill Points. At least half my Mechs would have enough Historical XP to be more than fully unlocked - especially the ones that I use the most.

I doubt that I'll need any General Skill Points, actually.

Edited by Appogee, 27 April 2017 - 07:47 AM.

#2 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,875 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:46 AM

Its based on math, so I'm assuming algorithm and not coincidence.

#3 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:53 AM

Coincidence.

#4 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:56 AM

CoincidenceIm sure.

BTW
I... I got NO refunds on modules, zero.
The reason mightbe that I never brought any but got modules through mechpacks, had to unlock them however. A bit confusing..

#5 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:57 AM

Your GSP is based on modules. Your HSP is based on unlocks on the mechs. Your HXP (which requires cbills to apply in the new system so dont equate that with HSP or GSP) us based off of excess historic xp earned on a chassis over the mastery level.

Spend the HSP first, not the HXP, to save on cbills.

If you can get the mastery you want out of yer mechs with just HSP, then you can sell the modules prepatch, reducing your GSP available for mastering future mechs, and recouping you cbills.

I have 274 mechs, and figure I will over time probably master another 200 or so, therfore Im selling enough modules to get down to that level of GSP stockpile and having a cash grab right before this ST goes live. Should net me about 630mil in my case and I will still be able to master every mech I want, and up to 200 nee mechs instantly. Anything over that, I will have to grind anew, but stockpiled GXP will help defray costs on that iniitally plus all of the games I will have played,over the duration of 200 new mechs being accrued, so it will likely never be a problem.

#6 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:34 AM

View PostLukoi Banacek, on 27 April 2017 - 07:57 AM, said:

Your GSP is based on modules. Your HSP is based on unlocks on the mechs. Your HXP (which requires cbills to apply in the new system so dont equate that with HSP or GSP) us based off of excess historic xp earned on a chassis over the mastery level.

Spend the HSP first, not the HXP, to save on cbills.

If you can get the mastery you want out of yer mechs with just HSP, then you can sell the modules prepatch, reducing your GSP available for mastering future mechs, and recouping you cbills.

I have 274 mechs, and figure I will over time probably master another 200 or so, therfore Im selling enough modules to get down to that level of GSP stockpile and having a cash grab right before this ST goes live. Should net me about 630mil in my case and I will still be able to master every mech I want, and up to 200 nee mechs instantly. Anything over that, I will have to grind anew, but stockpiled GXP will help defray costs on that iniitally plus all of the games I will have played,over the duration of 200 new mechs being accrued, so it will likely never be a problem.

That makes a ton of sense, thanks!

If we're really lucky, PGI might even listen to calls to let us choose how we get refunded, which would enable us to get the full price of the Modules instead of just selling them for half price.

#7 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:03 PM

View PostAppogee, on 27 April 2017 - 08:34 AM, said:

That makes a ton of sense, thanks!

If we're really lucky, PGI might even listen to calls to let us choose how we get refunded, which would enable us to get the full price of the Modules instead of just selling them for half price.

I am virtually positive they will not. They are in fact, over compensating us in-kind value at this point. Given you full HSP mastery in mechs, which would actually only be 72 of the 91 SP in equivalent xp investment AND giving you GSP or c-bills on top of that for modules.

Don't get me wrong. I won't say no if they give me the option to choose, or decide to reimburse all modules at the 100% rate and not just the post-December ones. But I don't think they will. If you own more than a dozen mastered mechs, you're honestly capable of making out like a bandit here altho alot of folks don't see that to be the case but they really really want just c-bills for future tech/mechs.

Being able to level future mechs with zero grind, and zero CB cost is pretty cool imo and means all CB I'm earning now can indeed go to the future tech/mechs we're all waiting on.

Edited by Lukoi Banacek, 27 April 2017 - 07:21 PM.

#8 Trev Firestorm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:35 PM

View PostTordin, on 27 April 2017 - 07:56 AM, said:

CoincidenceIm sure.

BTW
I... I got NO refunds on modules, zero.
The reason mightbe that I never brought any but got modules through mechpacks, had to unlock them however. A bit confusing..

Sounds like something went wrong, possibly with your reading of the refund screen... It shouldn't matter how you got the modules, only when. Check both the GSP and the Cbill breakdowns? or I think there was a module refund droplist(rollout list? what are those called anyway? nested list?)

Edited by Trev Firestorm, 27 April 2017 - 06:36 PM.

#9 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:05 PM

Never have to play another unskilled mech. That sounds nice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users