The My Tier Only Check Box..

1 reply to this topic

#1 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 04:41 AM

I have been thinking about this a while and honestly it is not so much for the high tiers, but the lower ones. I see all the time people complaining about how their team sucks, and watched a huge amount of insults from time to time. I know this won't stop it entirely, but i also think it might give a new player a better experience.

I also don't think it would really increase wait times that much, because if people are playing a match, it ends, they click out and then all those folks would get dumped back into the same match with some side swapping perhaps.

If some people wanna wait longer to get a match, i don't have any issue with it. I'd probably just do with my random match because for me it doesn't mater the level of people, every tier has people that don't communicate and from my point of view that does more to lose matches than anything.. (ok, never hitting W is probably the biggest) but still.

Id really love PGI to try this. I don't know much about coding a match maker, but this seams like something that could be done fairly simply.. just stack all the my tier only in a box and wait right?

PGI has done somethings in the past for test, and had them vanish rather quick.. (solo CW for instance) though i really think that should be tried again with the bucket changes.. But this one seams like something that could get pushed out for a month and see what happens.

It's not like this community wouldn't riot in the first day or so if it really destroyed the game play even if it was entirely optional to par take.. (sorta like CW!)

so what do you say, Can we get behind asking for this for new and old alike?

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:50 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 14 January 2017 - 04:41 AM, said:

I also don't think it would really increase wait times that much, because if people are playing a match, it ends, they click out and then all those folks would get dumped back into the same match with some side swapping perhaps.

Oh, the wait time will heavily increase. Probably 3 times as much. You also gotta realize that there is very little chance that the same 12 people will opt to play again--since this is not group queue.

Edited by El Bandito, 14 January 2017 - 05:51 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users