#1 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,934 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 03 July 2016 - 06:52 PM

Never had this happen before.

Was playing scouting. We had mixed results. Never noticed doing any significant team damage, certainly not team kills. Group broke up. Went to Pug and work on PHXs. Got a notice that I could not start a match for 4 minutes and some seconds due to excessive team damage, team kill or leaving a match early. I did none of the above either in the scouting matches I was playing immediately before the notice nor did I do any of those things when I was last pugging.

WTH?

#2 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 July 2016 - 07:01 PM

That's a five minute penalty. You get that for accruing 3 team kills, matches with excessive team damage, and/or disconnects before dying. https://mwomercs.com...-1458-15mar2016

If you didn't do these things than you might want to ask whoever it is you are allowing access to your account.

#3 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,934 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 07:04 PM

View PostEscef, on 03 July 2016 - 07:01 PM, said:

That's a five minute penalty. You get that for accruing 3 team kills, matches with excessive team damage, and/or disconnects before dying. https://mwomercs.com...-1458-15mar2016

If you didn't do these things than you might want to ask whoever it is you are allowing access to your account.

Been playing for about 2 years. I have 2 team kills in that entire time. Both were a LONG time ago. I will send a not to support and see if they can shed any light. Very odd. No one has been playing my account that I am aware of (my kids all think the game is lame so I know it is not them).

#4 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 03 July 2016 - 07:05 PM

IIRV you also get a penalty if you leave the queue in Faction Play (including I'd you're group enters the queue and leaves.)

I seem to recall that happening to me not too long ago when I queued, got annoyed at the wait and left the queue.

Could be wrong though.

#5 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 July 2016 - 07:10 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 03 July 2016 - 07:05 PM, said:

IIRV you also get a penalty if you leave the queue in Faction Play (including I'd you're group enters the queue and leaves.)

I seem to recall that happening to me not too long ago when I queued, got annoyed at the wait and left the queue.

Could be wrong though.

Even if that is accurate, he'd still have to do that 3 times.

View PostBud Crue, on 03 July 2016 - 07:04 PM, said:

Been playing for about 2 years. I have 2 team kills in that entire time. Both were a LONG time ago. I will send a not to support and see if they can shed any light. Very odd. No one has been playing my account that I am aware of (my kids all think the game is lame so I know it is not them).

Yeah, change your password, man. Kids screwing around in a "lame" game? You think they won't pull that crap?

#6 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 03 July 2016 - 07:15 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 03 July 2016 - 07:04 PM, said:

my kids all think the game is lame so I know it is not them.

Posted Image

#7 RussianWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 03 July 2016 - 07:43 PM

Pretty sure that those penalties are for the matches just previous.

I know that they are assessed on the entire group if one person gets a team kill. When you launch the next match the entire group has to wait for the penalty to expire.

So it could be someone on your group was racking up the penalties.

But the are supposed to reset after 4 hours I think.

#8 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,934 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 07:49 PM

hmmm. Sent a report/request to Account and General. No clue what could be going on. Only computer in the house that can even play this game is mine and it is secure as hell. Not the kids. Will see what support says. I may bad mouth PGI and Russ, but account/tech support has always been the most (only) solid, customer oriented part of this game. Will wait and see what they have to say. Will follow up with a post if it is something interesting. I just can't figure out what could have triggered such a penalty.

#9 BlackHeroe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 109 posts
  • LocationKasselhague

Posted 15 January 2017 - 02:33 PM

Yepp really got a 5 min. penalty too out of nowwhere. I even got Tked.
No Tks, no leaving games, no former penalty, yust a little bit too much Team Dmg (probably through an airstrike).

For me that shows again, penalty system is working as expected - it drives out the population, instead of getting haters & always discos out of the game.

#10 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 15 January 2017 - 02:38 PM

I too got some penalty for some unknown reason after starting up the game. I decided to do something else ... for weeks. <shrugs>

#11 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 02:45 PM

maybe you had a bunch of potatoes run in front of your guns. when i get team kills this is usually why. you and another mech are locked in a brutal brawl. some mech much smaller than you runs out in between you and your enemy and starts blasting, exactly at the time you fire a big alpha. you dont see the friendly mech die because hes out of your fov. you take out the mech and carry on. but potatoes alwasy come in groups. i know one time i fired an alpha at a heavily damaged assault mech, when the kill text poped up i noticed that i got 3 mechs, the intended target, and 2 squirrels who were standing in front of my arms.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users