Where's The Federated Commonwealth?

37 replies to this topic

#1 Brenden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:36 AM

Yeah it took me all of five years to realize this, but we're about to go into the 3060s and there's no mention of quite arguably the most powerful faction since the formation of the Star League. Hell it's not even on the Inner Sphere map chart. What gives PGI?

#2 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:37 AM

It's where Clan Diamond Shark and the rest of the second wave Clans are. A farm upstate, where they roam free and happy, with no Jihads.

#3 Brenden

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:41 AM

View PostRestosIII, on 15 January 2017 - 10:37 AM, said:

It's where Clan Diamond Shark and the rest of the second wave Clans are. A farm upstate, where they roam free and happy, with no Jihads.

While we can agree that not even having Clan Diamond Shark at the Battle of Tukayyid (in addition to Steel Viper and Nova Cat), at the very least PGI could've given MWO the Federated Commonwealth. It wouldn't even have been very hard - in fact it might have made everything a lot easier to program. Less factions mean more time and effort could be devoted to testing or 'Mech design or something.

#4 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:42 AM

You know damn well where it is. With the rest of the flavor - HBS and Catalyst are hoarding it.

If it helps your head canon, just consider this - Despite being a faction for decades, neither side truly integrates entirely, and the realm is littered with loyalist to either side - The Civil War proved that. So just consider that the FedCom is currently in existence, and your selection of either faction is just which side you're 'loyal' to, or just happen to be living in.

Besides, this is hardly the most pressing question, faction wise. In a couple months, people are going to be asking why the Smoke Jaguars haven't been ground to paste yet.

#5 Brenden

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:45 AM

View PostBombast, on 15 January 2017 - 10:42 AM, said:

You know damn well where it is. With the rest of the flavor - HBS and Catalyst are hoarding it.

If it helps your head canon, just consider this - Despite being a faction for decades, neither side truly integrates entirely, and the realm is littered with loyalist to either side - The Civil War proved that. So just consider that the FedCom is currently in existence, and your selection of either faction is just which side you're 'loyal' to, or just happen to be living in.

Besides, this is hardly the most pressing question, faction wise. In a couple months, people are going to be asking why the Smoke Jaguars haven't been ground to paste yet.

Well to answer the Smoke Jaguar question I'd like to point you to the Minnesota Tribe and look you straight in the eye and bet you 10-C- that PGI is going to make something up just like that.

And I suppose, but when the aforementioned FedCom Civil War turns up and all the players new to the Battletech lore start asking 'Whose the FedCom?' I hope PGI blushes a bright pink when they remember this little mistake.

#6 Alan Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:46 AM

Didn't PGI put the subject of the FedCom up to a player vote back in the early days of the game and the players voted against it?

#7 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:48 AM

There's no gorram Periphery either. I want my Taurian Concordat, dammit!

Edited by WrathOfDeadguy, 15 January 2017 - 10:49 AM.

#8 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:49 AM

View PostBrenden, on 15 January 2017 - 10:45 AM, said:

Well to answer the Smoke Jaguar question I'd like to point you to the Minnesota Tribe and look you straight in the eye and bet you 10-C- that PGI is going to make something up just like that.

Technically, there already is a 'Minnesota Tribe' for the Smoke Jaguars, in the form of captives that are hidden until the Dark Ages. But the key word there is 'Hidden.' Being on a map is not hidden.

But again, flavor. And I doubt PGI is going to risk alienating the bizarre quantity of Space Fascist that are in this game. Hell, half the clanners on the forum seem to be down with the Jaguar, including you!

And I suppose, but when the aforementioned FedCom Civil War turns up and all the players new to the Battletech lore start asking 'Whose the FedCom?' I hope PGI blushes a bright pink when they remember this little mistake.

I think the simple answer is that the FedCom Civil War is unlikely to show up in any meaningful way. Which is kind of a shame, but it is what it is.

#9 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:53 AM

View PostBombast, on 15 January 2017 - 10:42 AM, said:

I hate Smoke Jaguar so much. I really wish the Clans had just done a Trial of Annihilation on their asses.

Oh, and I thought I'd just leave this here.

Clan Smoke Jaguar at Tukayyid

Posted Image

#10 Brenden

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:55 AM

View PostBombast, on 15 January 2017 - 10:49 AM, said:

Technically, there already is a 'Minnesota Tribe' for the Smoke Jaguars, in the form of captives that are hidden until the Dark Ages. But the key word there is 'Hidden.' Being on a map is not hidden.

But again, flavor. And I doubt PGI is going to risk alienating the bizarre quantity of Space Fascist that are in this game. Hell, half the clanners on the forum seem to be down with the Jaguar, including you!

I think the simple answer is that the FedCom Civil War is unlikely to show up in any meaningful way. Which is kind of a shame, but it is what it is.

Well I'm just one because I left it up to a Random Number Generator and Smoke Jaguar got the smallest number.

And that's a shame, I really liked Mech4: Merc's taking part in the FedCom civil war.

#11 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:04 AM

This is a sci-fi fiction, even games that are based on rl history do not update the maps, the maps are updated through game play.

#12 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,934 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:11 AM

View PostBrenden, on 15 January 2017 - 10:36 AM, said:

Yeah it took me all of five years to realize this, but we're about to go into the 3060s and there's no mention of quite arguably the most powerful faction since the formation of the Star League. Hell it's not even on the Inner Sphere map chart. What gives PGI?

I swear I saw it in the bucket somewhere with the rest of the IS team members. I am sure if you pretend really hard, you'll find the periphery states in there too. The clan bucket too can be as full as your imagination wants to make it. We even have some decals to help with that.

#13 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:14 AM

View PostRestosIII, on 15 January 2017 - 10:53 AM, said:

Spoiler

Smoke Jaguars on Strana Mechty

Posted Image

#14 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:17 AM

It doesn't matter too much. It's not like total planets on a side has some value to the game. And with only one queue you don't have to worry about Steiners fighting Davrats.

But perhaps if they can get FP events worked out, maybe they can do events for the Fedcom Civil War down the road.

#15 Brenden

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:22 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 15 January 2017 - 11:04 AM, said:

This is a sci-fi fiction, even games that are based on rl history do not update the maps, the maps are updated through game play.

You just called "Science Fiction" Science-Fiction Fiction.
And gameplay should be driving the car while story/maps should be be the one with the map.

#16 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:23 AM

View PostBrenden, on 15 January 2017 - 11:22 AM, said:

Don't judge. There isn't a person alive who hasn't said 'ATM Machine' at least once.

#17 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:25 AM

View PostBombast, on 15 January 2017 - 11:23 AM, said:

Don't judge. There isn't a person alive who hasn't said 'ATM Machine' at least once.

Also, the occasional RIP in peace that was unironically said. Those rare situations are great.

#18 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:49 AM

View PostBrenden, on 15 January 2017 - 11:22 AM, said:

And gameplay should be driving the car while story/maps should be be the one with the map.

All your saying is you prefer linear over dynamic.

View PostBombast, on 15 January 2017 - 11:23 AM, said:

I was spelling it out for those that think this should be the first game that isn't decided through game play. Story mode games don't count.

Why play fp at all if it doesn't decide the map. Yes I hope there are other reasons to but victory or defeat of the factions should be near the top.

Edited by Johnny Z, 15 January 2017 - 11:51 AM.

#19 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:50 AM

So would PGI annihilate (i.e. purge) all Clan Smoke Jaguar loyalist player accounts? Posted Image

#20 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:13 PM

More pressing, where is Clan Wolverine? Posted Image

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users