• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:00 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 17 January 2017 - 06:54 AM, said:

Posted Image ZEU-6Y and MAD-4X don't approve

I know, I know...

I was just trying to keep the scope of the poll down, and setting Skunk Werks to 3068/Advanced (Which only includes weapons in full production) seemed like the right way to go.

In retrospect, maybe I should have included experimental weapons, and split it into three separated polls (Ballistic, Missile, Energy) over the span of the week. But here we are, and it doesn't make much sense to start chopping up a poll now.

#42 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:07 AM

Really tough choices. I want em all. But if having to choose I voted for Light Autocannons, so the little guys can pack more punch, Heavy/Light/Snub and Medium range missiles for IS.
For Clan I went RAC, Heavy lasers and ATM.

Still want all the other weapon types, especially the smaller ones. Even if the most voted counts for getting implemented into the game first, like a second batch/ wave of new weapons. Light and medium mechs could really make use of MG arrays, heavy and light MG/ Flamers and ER flamers, micro lasers and so on. The thing is, MG arrays and light and heavy versions would propably make outr current MG totally obselete? Why mount a single MG in one Ballistic hardpoint when you can have many? Only reason not to use MG arrays is to save ammo..

Edited by Tordin, 17 January 2017 - 08:10 AM.

#43 CaolStone

• Pip
  • The Dragoon
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:32 AM

Will thay be adding any new armor? Seems with all the new power we will need it.

#44 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:34 AM

For IS ballistics I went with the balance wreckers called RAC's, a RAC/5 will be glorious! 6 x 5 damage bursts yes please!

For IS energy I went with the rest of the PPC family, I'm already a decent to good shot with PPC's, it'd be nice to have LPPC's and HPPC's as options... not to mention the SNPPC too.

IS Missiles, I really don't care.

Clan Ballistics I went with MG arrays, as it would take a low Ballistic count mech and give it a bunch of MG's (upwards of 4 MG's per hard point).

Clan Energy I went with the micro laser family, they can be nice light weight gap fillers.

Clan missiles I had to go with my go-to clan missile launcher in TT, the ATM's.... Got to love 3/dmg missiles coming out of an ATM/12....

#45 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:00 AM

Oh completly forgotten -
IS DB - mg array because it might increase the useability of small mech ballistics
Is de - plasma rifle ppfld and crisy targets
Is m - considering that MMLs are out MRMs best choice for Archers and Assaults

Considering that all the additional Clan stuff is inferior to their initial weapons - don't care

#46 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:28 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 17 January 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

Oh completly forgotten -
IS DB - mg array because it might increase the useability of small mech ballistics
Is de - plasma rifle ppfld and crisy targets
Is m - considering that MMLs are out MRMs best choice for Archers and Assaults

Considering that all the additional Clan stuff is inferior to their initial weapons - don't care

The ATM is out right better than the their SRM's and LRM's...

ATM's get three damage types:

HE -- 3 DMG/missile (3/6/9 hex short/medium/long)
Standard -- 2 DMG/missle (5/10/15 hex short/medium/long, 4 hex minimum range)
ER -- 1 DMG/Missile (9/18/27 hex short/medium/long, 4 hex minimum range)

ATM/3
weight 1.5t
crits 2
heat: 2
20 shots/ton

ATM/6
weight 3.5t
crits 3
heat: 4
10 shots/ton

ATM/9
weight 5t
crits 4
heat:6
7 shots/ton

ATM/12
weight 7t
crits 5
heat: 8
5 shots/ton

It's funny that two ATM/3's are better than one ATM/6... less weight for the same crits and heat...

#47 AngrySpartan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 349 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:40 AM

View PostBombast, on 17 January 2017 - 06:45 AM, said:

They remain experimental forever (Or at least well past the point we're talking about). Also, mechanically, we already have Streak LRMs. Though, since they're clan only, and weight as much as IS LRM launcher, I suppose they'd just be Clan LRMs with IS firing profiles?

Weight as much as IS counterparts, not compatible with Artemis and most of all - UNable to fire indirectly. IMHO Indirect fire is what holding current LRMs from being a decent weapon - you can't buff them to be viable as a direct fire weapon without making them absolutely OP as an Indirect fire weapon. Considering PGi will not fix regular LRMs, S-LRMs potentially might be efficient long range missile weapon. It will need decent (AC comparable) velocity and steeper trajectory.

#48 brroleg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 245 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:06 AM

ATM

but without ammo-switching mechanic it will be nothing more than short range lrm

boring

Edited by brroleg, 17 January 2017 - 11:10 AM.

#49 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:15 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 17 January 2017 - 10:28 AM, said:

The ATM is out right better than the their SRM's and LRM's...

ATM's get three damage types:

HE -- 3 DMG/missile (3/6/9 hex short/medium/long)
Standard -- 2 DMG/missle (5/10/15 hex short/medium/long, 4 hex minimum range)
ER -- 1 DMG/Missile (9/18/27 hex short/medium/long, 4 hex minimum range)

ATM/3
weight 1.5t
crits 2
heat: 2
20 shots/ton

ATM/6
weight 3.5t
crits 3
heat: 4
10 shots/ton

ATM/9
weight 5t
crits 4
heat:6
7 shots/ton

ATM/12
weight 7t
crits 5
heat: 8
5 shots/ton

It's funny that two ATM/3's are better than one ATM/6... less weight for the same crits and heat...

True, but those life and die by the ability to switch ammo.
OK I admit that the cRAC5 (range) is a thing but for its criticals

However RACs with the current ultra double shot - how to say it - nonsense will autojam at the 3rd round, so there need to be a different game mechanic- and again a reduction of jam chances for UACs making normal ACs obsolete again

#50 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:59 AM

View PostFupDup, on 16 January 2017 - 11:10 PM, said:

Depends on how PGI interprets the Heavy beamers.

For Pulse Lasers, their -2 to-hit modifier translates to shorter beam duration in MWO. Since Heavy Lasers have a +1 to-hit penalty, PGI could very easily take that as having a longer duration than Standard or ER Lasers.

It wouldn't really fit their role of having the same range as IS STD Lasers, though.

Since the Heavy Large Laser has 18 heat by default, I really don't think you need to give it even more than that.

while you might well be right, i wouldn't touch a short/medium range long burn laser with a dmg/heat profile like that with a 10 foot bargepole lol. Worse DPH and much worse range than the ERPPC, while also having a long burn? hell no. Literally the only reason i ever use the C-LPL over the C-ERPPC is the damage per heat.

Im mostly excited for the idea of plasma cannons.

21 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users