73 replies to this topic

#41 Domoneky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 21 January 2017 - 01:52 PM

I want to like it but....the since everyone hates this game and hates everything that comes out for it I have to hate it too so.....grr.

#42 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 02:09 PM

Hang on. The quirks got released yesterday but the forum thread is only at 3 pages without a torrent of people rioting over them?? What's going on?? Is this opposite world??

#43 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 03:15 PM

nobody really cares. It's pretty terrible all around and adds nothing to the game. Those who bought it did so for nostalgia, not because it would be any good at all.

#44 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 21 January 2017 - 03:28 PM

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 21 January 2017 - 02:09 PM, said:

Hang on. The quirks got released yesterday but the forum thread is only at 3 pages without a torrent of people rioting over them?? What's going on?? Is this opposite world??

Some of us pointed out that the quirks were bad and it was going to be pretty sub par, but Clan loyalists and nostalgia humpers silenced us with the whole "Not every mech needs to be overquirked OP, gosh" thing.

#45 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 21 January 2017 - 05:32 PM

Size looks good. Because of the profile, it should work as a front-load skirmisher (better than a short range brawler).

View Postshameless, on 21 January 2017 - 03:15 PM, said:

It's pretty terrible all around and adds nothing to the game.

We have almost 400 variants in this game and all kind of medium mechs, what exactly new are you expecting?

#46 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 21 January 2017 - 05:39 PM

If it becomes any close to a "Marauder of the Mediums", I will gladly bring it to Scout missions.

#47 Willothius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 187 posts
  • LocationThe Great Mechbay In The Sky.

Posted 22 January 2017 - 05:54 AM

View PostOdanan, on 21 January 2017 - 05:32 PM, said:

We have almost 400 variants in this game and all kind of medium mechs, what exactly new are you expecting?

Indeed.. In fact, it's the 2nd non-humanoid medium for IS, after Crab (which is pure energy-boat) so it does feel like an addition to me.

#48 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 22 January 2017 - 06:51 AM

View PostWillothius, on 22 January 2017 - 05:54 AM, said:

Indeed.. In fact, it's the 2nd non-humanoid medium for IS, after Crab (which is pure energy-boat) so it does feel like an addition to me.

3rd non-humanoid.
There is also the Cicada.

What we need is more non-humanoids and you can't get anymore non-humanoid than a Quadruped!
#quadrupeds2017

#49 Willothius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 187 posts
  • LocationThe Great Mechbay In The Sky.

Posted 22 January 2017 - 07:44 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 22 January 2017 - 06:51 AM, said:

3rd non-humanoid.
There is also the Cicada.

What we need is more non-humanoids and you can't get anymore non-humanoid than a Quadruped!
#quadrupeds2017

Cicada is a box in legs.. It could be humanoid underneath for all we know!

But indeed, quad-walkers would be awesome!

MWO Priorities for 2017:
1) Urbanmech IIC
2) Quadrupeds
3) New Tech / weapons
4) Urbanmech Hero

#50 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 January 2017 - 11:18 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 21 January 2017 - 03:28 PM, said:

Some of us pointed out that the quirks were bad and it was going to be pretty sub par, but Clan loyalists and nostalgia humpers silenced us with the whole "Not every mech needs to be overquirked OP, gosh" thing.

So the lack of quirks predisposes the mech to be bad? Just like the MAD IIC or certain variants of the linebacker?

#51 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:33 PM

Can't help but wonder if it's second LRM 5 will do 25% damage, because the missiles are quarter of the size.

#52 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,619 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:43 PM

I can already see it now: 6 LRM 5 + Artemis, or 6 SRM 6 + Artemis. Either way, it's going to become beastly.

#53 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 669 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:52 PM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 22 January 2017 - 11:18 AM, said:

So the lack of quirks predisposes the mech to be bad? Just like the MAD IIC or certain variants of the linebacker?

the linebacker has great quirks, and it was pretty clear that the MAD IIC was going to be strong with or without them.

that said, i think the bushwacker will be fine. i wouldn't get too upset about any quirks given to newly released mechs; they should probably just be considered placeholders until the skill tree revamp.

#54 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:58 PM

Oh wow, the cockpit looks great.

I do miss the cockpit item previews like in the earlier videos, though.

#55 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 02:05 PM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 22 January 2017 - 11:18 AM, said:

Um, can you not see how the BSW is no MAD-IIC or are you being deliberately obtuse? You must be forgetting that IS mechs actually need quirks to be competitive, only the poor Clan mechs need anything more than minor quirks.

View PostHawk819, on 22 January 2017 - 01:43 PM, said:

I can already see it now: 6 LRM 5 + Artemis, or 6 SRM 6 + Artemis. Either way, it's going to become beastly.

Lol try to work out the tonnage on 6 SRM6 w/art and be somewhat heat efficient.

#56 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 02:08 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 22 January 2017 - 01:58 PM, said:

Oh wow, the cockpit looks great.

I do miss the cockpit item previews like in the earlier videos, though.

You can check out what they look like in the patch notes post. https://mwomercs.com...14101-24jan2017
You will have to wait to hear the warhorn or see the items bobble when the Bushwacker releases on Tuesday.

#57 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 02:16 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 22 January 2017 - 02:08 PM, said:

You will have to wait to hear the warhorn or see the items bobble when the Bushwacker releases on Tuesday.

That's bad.

#58 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 January 2017 - 03:21 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 22 January 2017 - 02:05 PM, said:

Um, can you not see how the BSW is no MAD-IIC or are you being deliberately obtuse? You must be forgetting that IS mechs actually need quirks to be competitive, only the poor Clan mechs need anything more than minor quirks.

I didn't realize that hair trigger over-aggression is the best approach to discussion. The point I'm trying to make is that you can't tell how good a mech is based on its the quirks it shows before its release. Further, we are about a month away from a brand new skill tree which leaves us in the dark as to the value of these quirks beyond its approximate 30 day run. And last, I'm not advocating one sided quirking. In the future I'd appreciate it if you don't jump straight to personal attacks straight off the bat.

#59 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 03:43 PM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 22 January 2017 - 03:21 PM, said:

I didn't realize that hair trigger over-aggression is the best approach to discussion. The point I'm trying to make is that you can't tell how good a mech is based on its the quirks it shows before its release. Further, we are about a month away from a brand new skill tree which leaves us in the dark as to the value of these quirks beyond its approximate 30 day run. And last, I'm not advocating one sided quirking. In the future I'd appreciate it if you don't jump straight to personal attacks straight off the bat.

That wasn't a personal attack. Its hard to have a discussion when someone implies "Oh the MAD-IIC doesn't have any quirks and its great, so just because the BSW are weak doesn't mean it won't be good" because the MAD-IIC is obviously great, due to its prolific hardpoints and being a Clan mech. Its like oh yeah the KDK-3 has no quirks so no mechs should need quirks to be good.

And actually, its not hard to compare mechs to current mechs we have given the tonnage, hardpoints, and quirks, and I don't see anything the Bushwacker is going to do better than current mechs mostly because its quirks are much weaker than its competition on the IS side, and it isn't as blessed as a HBK-IIC.

Yes, we have a new skill tree coming up, and if the Bushwacker is as blessed with skills as it is with quirks, then that isn't a good sign Posted Image

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 22 January 2017 - 03:44 PM.

#60 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 04:05 PM

Doesn't look XL safe with it's missile weapon pod protruding so much and it's another waist height cockpit. Unfortunately DOA in terms of meta, but otherwise a good looking mech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users