#41 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:54 PM

View PostLupis Volk, on 18 January 2017 - 01:49 PM, said:

A rather useless mech. If i want missiles i'd get the Oxide or the Jenner 2C's. A big misplay on PGI half, they could have given us the Raptor since we're now in 3060 era but nooo we get nostalgia trash instead.

Have you played those lately? Their size and hitboxes are actually pretty prohibitive. The mech will be far from "useless". I question your ability to evaluate mechs objectively due to that statement.

You also must have missed the 7E hardpoint variant.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 18 January 2017 - 01:55 PM.

#42 King Kahuna

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 114 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:55 PM

The price seems good to me though. $25.00 gets me everything I want.

#43 Lupis Volk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:56 PM

View PostIdolElite, on 18 January 2017 - 01:50 PM, said:

Another mech pack where you have to pony up extra cash for better variants. Another one I'll wait on buying with CBills then.

I wished we could buy the Hero or reinforcements separately instead of being slaved to the standard or collector bundle.

#44 stealthraccoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:03 PM

View PostPromessa, on 18 January 2017 - 01:59 PM, said:

Looks pretty good! Should do things other 30 tonners in this game don't do. The base and ecm variants should be fun.. I dread the inevitable and useless 6x lrm 5 builds on the 6 missile variant but yeah

6 SSRM or go home!!!!

#45 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

View PostLupis Volk, on 18 January 2017 - 01:49 PM, said:

A rather useless mech. If i want missiles i'd get the Oxide or the Jenner 2C's. A big misplay on PGI half, they could have given us the Raptor since we're now in 3060 era but nooo we get nostalgia trash instead.

but we are not in the 3060s era, in the most recent roadmap PGI said the 3060s stuff would start being introduced with a multi chassis Mech pack in March.

much as I have been wanting a new light Mech for many months the overreliance on missiles, and fact that the Hero is the only varient that looks interesting to me means I am probably giving this Mechs preorder a miss for now and picking up just the Hero when it is released for MC.

Sorry PGI but I have no nostalga for the Javlin and it just does not look very interesting to me (except the Hi There)

#46 AngrySpartan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 349 posts

View PostWarHippy, on 18 January 2017 - 01:50 PM, said:

Snub-nose PPC confirmed as one of the new weapons? Posted Image

As if there were any doubts that new PPCs will appear - they aren't that different from current tech, yet they give so much flexibility for building IS mechs. I'll turn my Cat K2 into K4 (Heavy PPCs) immideately, and will turn Marauders into walking war crime machines with Snubs and Plasma rifles(pls)!

11F will give Spider a run for it's money if quirked appropriately.

#47 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:05 PM

I think I'll get it. yeah I know *gasp*

Unsure of the art in places, i'll have to see how it looks once the model is up to look at

#48 Edward Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 255 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:08 PM

It is the Trebuchet's little brother!

#49 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:10 PM

View PostS0ulReapr, on 18 January 2017 - 02:08 PM, said:

It is the Trebuchet's little brother!

Now, we're only missing the socially awkward middle brother - the Whitworth.

#50 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:13 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 18 January 2017 - 02:10 PM, said:

I'd take that as a LRM boat.

#51 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:20 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 18 January 2017 - 02:10 PM, said:

Eldest son goes into law

Middle son becomes a Priest

youngest son joins the army

#52 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:25 PM

View PostIdolElite, on 18 January 2017 - 01:50 PM, said:

Another mech pack where you have to pony up extra cash for better variants. Another one I'll wait on buying with CBills then.

Still better than the old mech packs where if you didn't want the light mech you still had to get it in the pack. Sure you could do the ala cart but go check it out still more expensive $55 for the old ones and $35 for the newer ones. as long as you buy more than 1 you get a better deal but still spend more if you don't just buy all of them. and if you want just the light mech it was still $35 for old pack $20 for the newer ones. Plus you didn't get the early adopter rewards or faction content. If I remember right.
So I like the new mech packs they give us of one mech. At least we wait 3 to 4 months for the new mechs not 6 to 7 months.

Edited by The Boneshaman, 18 January 2017 - 02:31 PM.

#53 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:30 PM

What a funny looking mech, seems decent enough. Happy for you who wished for it though.
Still rather want the Flea so my wallet is closed. Gonna buy it for c-bills though.

Posted Image

Edited by Tordin, 18 January 2017 - 02:34 PM.

#54 Trenchbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:36 PM

I'll never understand why people want the Flea so much when the Locust does the same thing just fine, but whatever. (We'll probably get a Locust with MASC before we get the Flea)

I'm glad the Javelin's now a thing, looks like it'll be right up my alley in the close-range splat department, even with such a low weight. I imagine it'll perform like a same-weight competitor to the Spider.

Edited by Catten Hart, 18 January 2017 - 02:37 PM.

#55 TorinZ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:41 PM

Seeing this just makes me wonder...how will the MWO MRMs work out. Loved those missiles in MW4, but worried that they will add too much spread to them. I do hope they will still fire in salvos of 10. Sorry, missile mechs just have me looking forward to the new tech.

I really like the special for looks. Not sure I will pick them up, I rarely run lights and I keep telling myself the Assassin is as light as I should go.

#56 IdolElite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 175 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA, Terra

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:47 PM

View PostThe Boneshaman, on 18 January 2017 - 02:25 PM, said:

Still better than the old mech packs where if you didn't want the light mech you still had to get it in the pack. Sure you could do the ala cart but go check it out still more expensive $55 for the old ones and $35 for the newer ones. as long as you buy more than 1 you get a better deal but still spend more if you don't just buy all of them. and if you want just the light mech it was still $35 for old pack $20 for the newer ones. Plus you didn't get the early adopter rewards or faction content. If I remember right.
So I like the new mech packs they give us of one mech. At least we wait 3 to 4 months for the new mechs not 6 to 7 months.

I agree, the old pack style was definitely worse.

However, my issue is that i only ever elite 3 mechs of each chassis, so in the instances where i have more than 3 in a set one or more always goes completely unused, usually the special version i can't sell for cbills lol.

Anyhow the last few packs, most notably the Bushwhacker to me, had base packages with very similar hard points, but the extra variants really spiced things up.

So what will happen is I would buy the base package due to my being a cheap ***, then i'd elite the 3 of them and never ever purchase the ones i really wanted to play since i'd already have 3 bushwhackers elited. So, its just better to wait a few months then i can use some of my presently 84 million cbills to get the ones i really desire.

If they let me pick the 3 variants i wanted instead of having to take certain ones i'd have been an instant buyer. It's similar to the old package issue but on a smaller scale. Not only is it more expensive but I also have no use for 5 variants of any mech.

Edited by IdolElite, 18 January 2017 - 02:49 PM.

#57 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:52 PM

View PostIdolElite, on 18 January 2017 - 02:47 PM, said:

I agree, the old pack style was definitely worse.

However, my issue is that i only ever elite 3 mechs of each chassis, so in the instances where i have more than 3 in a set one or more always goes completely unused, usually the special version i can't sell for cbills lol.

Anyhow the last few packs, most notably the Bushwhacker to me, had base packages with very similar hard points, but the extra variants really spiced things up.

So what will happen is I would buy the base package due to my being a cheap ***, then i'd elite the 3 of them and never ever purchase the ones i really wanted to play since i'd already have 3 bushwhackers elited. So, its just better to wait a few months then i can use some of my presently 84 million cbills to get the ones i really desire.

If they let me pick the 3 variants i wanted instead of having to take certain ones i'd have been an instant buyer. It's similar to the old package issue but on a smaller scale. Not only is it more expensive but I also have no use for 5 variants of any mech.

ok yeah I see what mean I 100% agree with you. especially if you are only allowed so much $ from the wife and you have to pick and choose what you can get. so all I can ever get is the $20 one and wait for the others to go for sell for cbills. or I would have all mech collector's packs the day they came are announced.

Edited by The Boneshaman, 18 January 2017 - 02:53 PM.

#58 IdolElite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 175 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA, Terra

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:56 PM

View PostThe Boneshaman, on 18 January 2017 - 02:52 PM, said:

ok yeah I see what mean I 100% agree with you. especially if you are only allowed so much $ from the wife and you have to pick and choose what you can get. so all I can ever get is the $20 one and wait for the others to go for sell for cbills. or I would have all mech collector's packs the day they came are announced.

I make the money and the wife doesn't control how i spend it, dang it... i just you know have to like buy things in such a way as to where she doesn't give me a hard time or think i'm wasting OUR money... which totally isn't the same thing...

Edited by IdolElite, 18 January 2017 - 02:56 PM.

#59 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:56 PM

ther will never be a pink color, so we best call it "punk purple"

nice special camo.

#60 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:05 PM

With an XL255, Endo and Ferro you end up with just over 10t left. You arms are empty, so you can make that an easy 11t. That's 6 SRM2s, 4t of ammo and 2 jets. Hm...

Edited by Frechdachs, 18 January 2017 - 03:05 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users