- - - - -

In This Game Or In The Lore, What Mech Can Jump Higher?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Trunok

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:39 PM

Sorry for bad english, but i tested some mechs with jump jets and they are realy fun, so is there any mech in the lore or in game that can jump higher than the viper?

#2 Vlad Striker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:43 PM

Try to explore http://www.sarna.net. Spider is good for jumping for example.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:25 PM

Spider has some of the most impossible jumping power in this game.

In lore... The large numbers given by Sara such as 180 neuters is distance not height.
For every 30 meters distance possible you get 6 meters height. 180/30 (30 meters per hex) = 6 jumpjets = 36 meters height (wolverine used in example).

May need to check but I think the formula is maximum jump distance /30 = X+6 = height possible. So that wolverine should actually be able to reach 42 meters in height....across 10 seconds from jump to landing to simple recovery (stagger).

Edited by Koniving, 19 January 2017 - 06:27 PM.

#4 BCAW

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:31 PM

In-lore, the Spiders have freakin VECTORED THRUST incorporated into the jumpjets they use, makes for some very impressive aerial maneuverability.

As for this game, what you want are mediums on the lighter side of things that are capable of mounting many jump jets. The Shadow Cat and the Viper comes to mind.

#5 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:21 PM

I believe the Spider 5V can mount the most jump jets at 12. The problem with this mech is that it is extremely limited in weapon choice because it only has 2 energy hard points in its center torso. This means you can mount 2 medium lasers or medium pulse lasers, or a single large laser or large pulse laser. Furthermore, because the weapons are mounted in the center torso, there is an extremely limited range of motion for them.

#6 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:00 PM

Shadow cat is fairly poor jumper, I often struggle to get on top of the wall in HPG with it. Mist Lynx is a lot better. Mass of mech matters a lot.

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:19 PM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 20 January 2017 - 06:00 PM, said:

Shadow cat is fairly poor jumper, I often struggle to get on top of the wall in HPG with it. Mist Lynx is a lot better. Mass of mech matters a lot.

Jump with MASC.
It's a lot like Artemis with Streaks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users