7 replies to this topic

#1 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 09:57 AM

Posted Image

Well, only one poll left in this series of time advancement - The Experimental weapons. The ones not in common usage in the possible timeline, but still present. Let's do it!

Unlike my other polls, I wont be dividing the tech by faction, only by type. Each weapon will have what faction is belongs to listed, however. If a weapon you want included isn't here, it's probably here.

Rules, as usual.
  • The cut off date is 3068.
  • This list only holds experimental weapons. See here for the poll with advanced weapons.
  • Rather than allow only one choice, I've left them all open. Please only choose the ones you want to see most, and refrain from carpet bombing the whole list. We all know everyone wants everything, I'd just like to see what stuff everyone want's most and why.
  • Mech mounted artillery, melee weapons and special munitions have been excluded.

POLL LINK

Ballistic
Spoiler

Energy
Spoiler

Missile
Spoiler

Edited by Bombast, 20 January 2017 - 09:59 AM.

#2 Kdogg788

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:15 AM

I can't see them doing some of these.

Mech Taser? The griefing would be absolutely epic.
Binary laser? Why have this one when MWO has pinpoint.
Silver bullet gauss rifle? MWO hitreg is not good. This wouldn't go over well.
Chemical laser? ?
Streak LRM? People whine enough about regular LRMs. I can't even imagine how ridiculous this one would be.

Xpulse and ER Pulse are the only ones here I'd think about bringing in.

-k

#3 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:23 AM

I've voted for the:

Binary Laser, 'cause a MAD-4X knock off could be fun.
X-plus, what plus lasers should've been
iHGR, 'cause sometimes you just want to watch the world burn
LB-15x (Silver Bullet Gauss), 'cause sometimes you just want to watch the world burn

Posted Image

#4 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:53 AM

I went for:

Hyper velocity AC's. An option for light mechs along with light AC's which are lighter than standard AC but shorter range. Both could be perfect for lights. Since I doubt they even can take the Light Gauss as an alternative to the HAC. If so, PGI should compare the two and balance em accordingly.

Hard choice between the beutiful death beam of the Bombast and the X-Pulse series. I went for X-Puls. A nice middle ground experiment of two laser systems rolled into one, balanced out with higher heat.

Last I went with Extended LRM's. Make the most out of the meaning of L in LRM. Bring maximum range!
Streak LRM would bring salty tears, and kinda loan/ steal away the role from streaks. Sure PGI can try to balance the spectacle they bring.
And the Enhanced's min range improvement arent imo worth the tradeoff in tonnage and crit space.

#5 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:44 PM

For me...

Hypervelocity Autocannon - I think this will actually be a nice addition. The increased weight keeps them from being overpowered, but the increased range and, more importantly, velocity, allows for some interesting combat options. The HV AC/10, for example, could replace the GR for people who like to fight mid-range and hate having to deal with the charge mechanic.

Silver Bullet Gauss Rifle - I'm an unabashed LB-X baddy. Sorry.

Bombast Laser - I just think the BOMBAST Laser is a spectacular, wonderful weapon that we could all enjoy. And to the people who didn't vote for the BOMBAST Laser... I'm watching you.

#6 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,841 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 20 January 2017 - 01:07 PM

View PostBombast, on 20 January 2017 - 12:44 PM, said:

Bombast Laser - I just think the BOMBAST Laser is a spectacular, wonderful weapon that we could all enjoy. And to the people who didn't vote for the BOMBAST Laser... I'm watching you.

It's like this weapon telling me something, important but I just can't get my finger on it....

Posted Image

#7 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:00 PM

View PostKdogg788, on 20 January 2017 - 10:15 AM, said:

I can't see them doing some of these.

Mech Taser? The griefing would be absolutely epic.
Binary laser? Why have this one when MWO has pinpoint.
Silver bullet gauss rifle? MWO hitreg is not good. This wouldn't go over well.
Chemical laser? ?
Streak LRM? People whine enough about regular LRMs. I can't even imagine how ridiculous this one would be.

Xpulse and ER Pulse are the only ones here I'd think about bringing in.

-k

Well the binary laser would be good for mechs with few energy HP's. And as far as pinpoint goes that's like saying all lasers currently in game are useless.

#8 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:42 PM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 20 January 2017 - 01:07 PM, said:

It's like this weapon telling me something, important but I just can't get my finger on it....

The BOMBAST Laser's allure is a mystery I fear we'll never solve.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users