Fw Premade Only Kind Of Thing?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Redscyte

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 02:32 PM

I played out my provisionals and have gone up 4 ranks. I have only ever won once in an Invasion and only win about 10% of scouting. I have done far more scouting and can tell that mode is tilted in IS favor. However in Invasions I notice its always pugs vs a IS premade. I've heard Clan has a better run in FW, so im wondering if there are just more premade Clans that are making me proud?

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 21 January 2017 - 04:06 PM

Tis the flavor of the week. A number of Clan mercs have rotated to IS to take advantage of the tonnage difference before heading back to Clan space for the tech advantage again. And they are able to rotate to IS space due to the number of pugs that have switched to Clans, thinking they can get in on the Clan stomping IS. When PGI drops or lowers the tonnage difference they will back to the Clans.

But you should be hitting up your Factions TS and get teamed up, especially if you are not part of a unit.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 21 January 2017 - 04:08 PM.

#3 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 21 January 2017 - 05:24 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 21 January 2017 - 04:06 PM, said:

Tis the flavor of the week. A number of Clan mercs have rotated to IS to take advantage of the tonnage difference before heading back to Clan space for the tech advantage again. And they are able to rotate to IS space due to the number of pugs that have switched to Clans, thinking they can get in on the Clan stomping IS. When PGI drops or lowers the tonnage difference they will back to the Clans.

But you should be hitting up your Factions TS and get teamed up, especially if you are not part of a unit.

He's right. Grouping up for scouting or invasion will help you... eventually, if you show promise, the try-hard gods will smile upon you and you shall be carried to victory! ;)

Just remember there are players in it for money that don't care about winning, or teamwork for that matter... look for the ones that communicate and want to win... learn from them, try to group with them. Find an active unit to join.

#4 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 21 January 2017 - 10:22 PM

Scouting is still in Clan favour, it's just not as easy for new guys without a streakcrow, which I can't still see how that was so dominant given how crap the loadout is.

Still have Huntsman, Nova etc. Which are two of the mechs I would take over a SCR anyway.

But scouting, as with any group drop - organisation wins.

#5 Redscyte

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:09 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 21 January 2017 - 10:22 PM, said:

Scouting is still in Clan favour, it's just not as easy for new guys without a streakcrow, which I can't still see how that was so dominant given how crap the loadout is.

Still have Huntsman, Nova etc. Which are two of the mechs I would take over a SCR anyway.

But scouting, as with any group drop - organisation wins.

I have tried to bring my storm crow in multiple times but i think hes 5 tons over the limit I will check again. But I made one specifically for scouting and got to the menu t find out i couldnt use him.

#6 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:04 AM

You used to be able to bring a SCR. It's 55T. Since that changed IS seems to dominate... Again I dunno how as the SCR is just not as good IMO as others.

#7 f00lish1

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:48 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 22 January 2017 - 01:04 AM, said:

You used to be able to bring a SCR. It's 55T. Since that changed IS seems to dominate... Again I dunno how as the SCR is just not as good IMO as others.

If you have 2 people that can't aim, and 1 of them no longer has to, then he wins. Simple as that. Posted Image

#8 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:38 PM

Even then. Streaks spread that hard, I never lost to a streakcrow lance in scouting.

If two people can't aim they are both spreading damage poorly.

#9 VorpalAnvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Cantillon Brewery

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:59 PM

Nova is exponentially better at the scouting 4v4 brawl role anyway. Taters gonna tate...

#10 LeucippusK

• PipPip
  • Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 37 posts
  • LocationBenton Harbor, Mich

Posted 24 January 2017 - 01:39 AM

Hunchback IIC, A , B are sweet mechs to roll against IS. A coordinated attack is about the only way to win in scouting. If no one is talking on coms or coordinating, you are most likely going to lose. Focus fire on components and the first target will give you better odds.

#11 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 24 January 2017 - 02:47 AM

View PostRedscyte, on 21 January 2017 - 02:32 PM, said:

I played out my provisionals and have gone up 4 ranks. I have only ever won once in an Invasion and only win about 10% of scouting. I have done far more scouting and can tell that mode is tilted in IS favor. However in Invasions I notice its always pugs vs a IS premade. I've heard Clan has a better run in FW, so im wondering if there are just more premade Clans that are making me proud?

Regarding your title: There was a sign...a damn big one at that...when you first clicked on FW.
FW, when it still was cw should have been a group only game mode.
No solo drops alowed.
Well as you demonstrated the understanding of group centered teamplay seems to be a bit divergent among ppl.
So PGI implemented a possibility for solo and smal groups to fill up the larger teams.
Sadly ppl refuse to read signs and a never ending debate about a lack of matchmaking and premades stomping t5 pugs (wich shouldn't be in that game mode at all in the first place) erupted that lasts until today.

With the games current state and the incredibly large number of solo or smal groups players I belive the idea of a group or premade centered FW game mode should be ditched sice this is development missing the apparent main audience of the game, lobbys should be opened for everyone, drop the paywall, so comp and group only player have a secluded space where to go.

And no....Clan Battlemechs get stronger compared to IS mechs with droping weight.
Reason is the higher power to weigt ratio of clan weapons and their heat/ weigth scaling.
Look at the SRMs weighting half as much as IS SRMs...look at the lasers.

What you see is the lack of interest of more group centered players in scouting mode.
I got several realy good players in my unit but when they play FW they play mostly Invasion.
Scout is too....quickplayish.
My theory is since the better Clan players will mostly prefere droping in invasion mode on clan side, on IS side they team up for quick and easy scouting mode wins, bashing the pugs on clan side.

Edited by The Basilisk, 24 January 2017 - 02:51 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users