Is Assualt Suggestions?

20 replies to this topic

#21 SirSoggyDog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:52 PM

My STK-5M has been a solid mech since I built it over a year ago. STKs have exceptionally good frontal hitboxes, and still have acceptable mobility for my taste. The triple ERLL on this build lets it trade fine at all ranges if one's careful, and the penta SRM6A makes terrifyingly short work of almost any mech who attempts to engage at close range. Yes it's a hot build, but l've found that if one uses the ERLLs sparingly in CQC, it's a good brawler when it needs to be. My only complaint is that it's a little light on ammo, but having a large laser compliment compensates some of that.

To address the inevitable questions whenever I post this.
-Isn't the leg armor light? Yes, but few pilots, even on disciplined 12 man FP teams, target assault legs, and cover can be used to mitigate the treat posed by ones who do.
-Isn't that a small engine? Compared to a BLR, maybe, but ~60 kph allows the thing to get into battle fine, and smart use of terrain and teamwork can bring people into SRM range just fine. The 5M has missile range quirks too.

On a separate note, if you're a dakka fan, can I suggest the penta or hex AC/5 "Thunder Udder" Mauler?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users