3 replies to this topic

#1 FreeFragUK

• PipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 33 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:17 PM

Just a general question really, is there any word of PGI reviewing the existing pricing structure applied to Mastery Packs / MechPacks which have been in existence prior to the current structure?

I only raise the question due to a large number of packs being available since the launch of the game, or atleast very early on, as such would it not be worth creating a unified pricing structure for all available Mech Packs?

As an additional line of thought, there are several mechs in the game which lack "Hero" variants, is there any word of this coming under review or a schedule announcement on the horizon?

I understand and fully appreciate the PGI are in the process of advancing the timeline which will undoubtedly generate a vast amount of work. Furthermore PGI have done an incredible job of releasing a large amount of mechs well within the current timeline offering a plethora of options for the battlefield (regardless of the current meta).

An official response would be ideal, however, this may not happen for various reasons.

#2 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:20 PM

PGI said that they're completely reworking the sale system for the March mech packs, and beyond. We have no idea how they're going to work though. And in April/May we're getting IS and Clan hero mech launches.

Check the tail end of the roadmap here to see it.

Edited by RestosIII, 23 January 2017 - 07:20 PM.

#3 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:37 AM

i think OP is asking about applying new pricing to old packs.

And i think it is unlikely, because it will lead to a lot of bad sentiment from people who purchased at the current price... it could be likened to paying for a beta test or demo (since the skill/quirk/module system was arguably temporary, and price change comes about as a result of that).

I think the packs out now will stay as they are - packs. Moving forward will be something different, but they will not be the same pack-structure... which allows justifying a different pricing setup.

In short, I wouldn't hold your breath on cheaper prices on released packs as is, or refunds of any kind (even a refund in MC is unlikely, in cbills somewhat less so).

#4 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:42 AM

Javelin pack is coming out with $15 for base pack, and $30 for collector's pack. Russ said that's cause the mech is only 30 tons. Then it stands to reason that Urbanmech pack price should be lowered as well, cause right now it is still $20 for base pack, and $40 for collector's pack. Gonna tweet to Russ about it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users