Bushwacker Sneak Peek (Full Highlight)

29 replies to this topic

#21 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 10:05 PM

I like it. It looks pretty tough and the torso twist range is incredible so it will be difficult to focus on those big side torso or sneak up behind it and get away without getting shot.

If I ever buy any IS Mechs I will get this, the Warhammer and the Rifleman.

#22 visionGT4

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 313 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 10:14 PM

Does look cool, tis a shame as I was planning to buy. That was until PGI released their statement(s) of intent in relation to IS & Clan tech balance.

There's been much discussion about the option of IS XL Engines being provided the same benefits as Clan XL Engines, but in light of the other benefits provided by larger Engine sizes and the massive offensive boost XL Engines can facilitate, such a change is not currently conducive to appropriate XL versus Standard Engine balance.

Warhammer Design Notes: The Warhammer consistently performs beyond other 'Mechs within its weight class, on both the Clan and IS side.

#23 DovisKhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 872 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 11:39 PM

Aesthetically one of the best mechs, both in and out, love the warhorns, now that I saw those warhorns I'm really tempted to get it, probably will on weekend when I have time to do some matches

#24 Beaching Betty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 710 posts
  • Location-

Posted 24 January 2017 - 02:28 AM

THATS IT. Im gonna buy the pack soon! Posted Image

#25 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:56 AM

It is interesting that the Bushwacker CAN dual Gauss. It seems like it will be very ammo starved (even worse than what Sean built because he forgot a required heat sink). If you do see one, I bet it robbed a lot of armor from the legs for ammo, so sweep the legs :).

I kind of like the tripple A/C5 build too. I think it will also be light on ammo, but should be a LOT more doable. Trip A/C5 builds are normally pretty fun.

Overall, I could see this mech being a pretty nice medium. It might be a while before I can play it, but I think I would like to get one eventually. Then again, I did always like the Bushwacker.

#26 Bradigus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 07:01 AM

Good lord, it looks disgusting!

What is with all these cancer tumour looking boxes for the weapons? LRM5 gets a nice symmetrical weapon housing, but SRMs looks like someone welded plates over an LRM20? Autocannon that gets mounted to the top is basically a box with a tube attached? And why is the second missile hardpoint for the left arm mounted onto the upper arm joints?

Also the exaggerated bobbing that the upper torso does when it completes a walk or run animation cycle is ridiculous, and does not match the feel the first person animation cycle gives.

#27 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 24 January 2017 - 07:37 AM

Not working for me, glad I cancelled.

The Camo looks very good, liked the cockpit items

Most of the non stock builds look terrible

Playing them stock mode looked fun, but we all know they'll end up paired Gauss, triple AC5 or missile or laser boats

#28 jjm1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 07:54 AM

View PostBradigus, on 24 January 2017 - 07:01 AM, said:

Good lord, it looks disgusting!

What is with all these cancer tumour looking boxes for the weapons? LRM5 gets a nice symmetrical weapon housing, but SRMs looks like someone welded plates over an LRM20? Autocannon that gets mounted to the top is basically a box with a tube attached? And why is the second missile hardpoint for the left arm mounted onto the upper arm joints?

Also the exaggerated bobbing that the upper torso does when it completes a walk or run animation cycle is ridiculous, and does not match the feel the first person animation cycle gives.

I agree about the hardpoints. The stuff Alex did concept art for is good, but the other variants hard-points look like they were afterthoughts. Its the TBR-S all over again.

#29 process

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 07:57 AM

PGI should let jjm1 design the missile boxes. Sig = how TBR-S should been done.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users