348 replies to this topic

#341 Edward Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 255 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:03 PM

View PostWill9761, on 04 February 2017 - 08:58 PM, said:

I wish that IS and Clan factions could have better rewards and their own unique identity.
https://mwomercs.com...82#entry5602182

Yes, like the original vision for FW.

View PostMovinTarget, on 04 February 2017 - 02:32 PM, said:

Gotta agree with Tarogato on this... without a win condition, skirmish often devolves to trade fests at extreme range for 22 minutes and a mad scramble over the last 3... maybe...

*Now* if you were to say, bring a modified LT back for skirmish only, where both sides get shelled periodically with a 15 second warning... it *might* mix things up as you couldn't sit and trade from the same places the entire game... the only purpose is to make people move...

Yeah, I can't believe I suggested that either. O.o

Skirmish needs to stay in MWO, we need a deathmatch mode that can't be won by a light that hides and caps at the last minute.

#342 Kwea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 374 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:41 PM

View Postlive1991, on 24 January 2017 - 09:15 PM, said:

Cheers, No CW for me then Posted Image

I would love to see CW be the casual quick play and then change QP to ranked play with a 8v8 limit Posted Image

yeah, dumb down the endgame content groups were promised for years and make QP drivel matter.....

PASS

View PostJames Argent, on 31 January 2017 - 02:11 PM, said:

If they had a true RP server, half of the mercs would get one randomly chosen IS mech handed down to them from their ancestors and they'd be grateful to not be dispossessed like the other half. Most of the C-Bills from contracts would go toward maintaining that mech in battle-ready condition. Only after a long series of successful campaigns would they get the chance to acquire a second mech, and unless they were able to ultra-rarely steal someone else's in a daring spec-ops raid, it would be some hodgepodge of bits of other mechs on a salvaged frame. Loyalist members of House/Clan units would be able to pilot different mechs, but only as their commanders dictate., and although their mech maintenance would taken care of for them instead of coming out of their much smaller paycheck, the vast majority of mechwarriors would own no mechs themselves. Remember, 'In the 30th Century life is cheap. Battlemechs aren't.'

Neither career path would be appropriate for this game. The amount of hand-waving required to make it playable in MWO would completely gut any RP out of it. RPing is best left to scripted or semi-scripted single player titles, unless it's totally voluntary like we have some people doing now.

and no one would play this version. I mean, even less than no one does now...

Edited by Kwea, 04 February 2017 - 11:40 PM.

#343 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:37 AM

Please, stop discussing these minor so called problems and focus on pushing PGI useless tards to oprimise this game a bit.
The game engine is rubbish sh*t. It is well known but what they are doing with that later, when using it in mwo is exactly the parody itself.

Edited by Calebos, 05 February 2017 - 02:38 AM.

#344 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 05 February 2017 - 04:24 AM

View PostCalebos, on 05 February 2017 - 02:37 AM, said:

Please, stop discussing these minor so called problems and focus on pushing PGI useless tards to oprimise this game a bit.
The game engine is rubbish sh*t. It is well known but what they are doing with that later, when using it in mwo is exactly the parody itself.

Yes, I think they know, and like all people, they respond favorably to people that don't know how to address other adults without being insulting and/or condescending with bad spelling and grammar.

So please keep it up, I'm sure they'll do exactly what you want...

#345 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,577 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 10:42 AM

You make yourself look like an idiot when you have no clue on what you are talking about. As long as we have people like you putting down others and spouting nonsense, it makes it easier for us treat you like the laughing stalk you really are.

#346 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:29 PM

im sure pgi is more aware of what their game engine does well and what it doesnt do well than you are. telling them to fix that is ridiculous. theyre professionals. they got this. let em handle their end. this is concept brainstorming and pitching, not game mechanic moaning and groaning.

#347 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:36 PM

View Postnaterist, on 05 February 2017 - 02:29 PM, said:

im sure pgi is more aware of what their game engine does well and what it doesnt do well than you are. telling them to fix that is ridiculous. theyre professionals. they got this. let em handle their end. this is concept brainstorming and pitching, not game mechanic moaning and groaning.

That's why russ at least opened up a while ago about the possibility of another engine. One that presumably has more fluidity.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 05 February 2017 - 02:37 PM.

#348 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:44 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 05 February 2017 - 02:36 PM, said:

That's why russ at least opened up a while ago about the possibility of another engine. One that presumably has more fluidity.

ya, im sure theyre on the ball. seems like theyve stepped up theyre game this past year. continuing to complain about it is redundant.

i hope they do move the game to unreal 4 after mw5 though. make the two as similar game mechanic wise as possible and you have an instant training area for people to learn to pilot a mech before being thrust into mwo.

#349 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 05 February 2017 - 04:26 PM

Eh? MW5 was the game they wanted to make eight years ago.

But seriously, it is like every time they introduce a new player-mechanic it is seriously overpowered (the Clans, IS Quirks), that require multiple rounds of nerfs (and pissing off the entire player-base) to balance. And every time a new game component is introduced it seems underwhelming after hearing Hype-Hype-Hype.

The Roundtables were supposed to be short, focused, discuss minor changes that would have outsized impact on playability, and would have fast turnaround. It took 7 months from announcement to patch for round-table 1. Given that kind of timeline then we could be getting this around the same time as FW "4.2" hits, which is fine for those Davion loyalists who want to go refight the 4th Succession War in 3068 (listening to Russ repeatedly stress Davion v Liao I will take a guess that this is what he wants to do), but the rest of us?

Okay. I get it. CW was launched when the only faction content were the loyalty buff medallions handed out with Project Phoenix so the cockpit items sort of made sense. Back then. But even then the loyalists were addressed in-game as Mercs, just Mercs on permanent contract. At least Phase III cleared that up.

And to the best of my knowledge nobody at PGI is giving any thought to what a timeline advancement means aside from tech. Leave that aside for a moment. What happens to the map? Are there Clans fighting along side IS factions? Are there wobblies?

Edited by Kael Posavatz, 05 February 2017 - 04:30 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users