Poll: Save/load Of Camo/decal Placement

1 reply to this topic

Poll: Save/Load Camo/Decal Mechanic (1 member(s) have cast votes)

Do we want a Save/Load Camo/Decal mechanic?

1. Yes (1 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Gwydion Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 344 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:59 PM

Hey folks.

So.... we have had Cammo patterns for ages now, and we currently have a steadily growing supply of Decals to play with. Something i thought about today though while going threw my BushWackers, is how annoying it is to have to set up each single 'variant' of a mech with not only cammo (which is simple) But Decale placement as well (which is more time-consuming).

So... my idea / request is this:

Seeing as how, except for Geometry, i believe all of the variants of each mech share the same 'template' as far as their textures. (ie, a Bushwacker P1 uses the same texture map/template as a P2).

If this is the case, is it possible we can get a "Save/Load" button/option added into the Mechlab that will allow us to 'save' the Camo Pattern, colors, decals, and decal-placement we make for a Mech, that we can then quickly 'load' onto another variant of the same mech?

ie: i spend 3 hours playing Mechwarrior-Fashion with my Urbie R63. And i want to do the same Fashion statement on my R60. It would be nice if i could 'save' the R63's current trending style, swap over to the R60's mechlab screen, and 'load' everything onto it with 1 button press. Rather than spending another 3 hours working on the R60.

So... is this something that can be done?

Does anyone else feel this is something we could use/need?

#2 Guile Votoms

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 239 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 09:09 PM

Would be nice if we could save and load the complete setup; loadout, camo, items and all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users