No replies to this topic

#1 ChapDude

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 64 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 11 February 2017 - 08:08 PM

While i have other concerns about the skill tree system as it currently stands (high cbill cost, harshly punishes experimenters, JJ tree is mehhhh, encourages boating, and so forth) my major concern that i haven't seen brought up over and over again is what happens when in the future when the trees are adjusted, especially with new tech on the way i would like to see this addressed preemptively rather than retroactively.

So long as there is a cost to skill a mech especially when its Cbills (lvling or respec-ing), There should be a plan in place for when values are adjusted in the system to 'refund' effected mechs. Being able to experiment with builds in this game is one of the big features that makes MWO the unique experience that i can't seem to put down. When this goes live im going to be reluctant enough to spend Cbills on the skill tree for fear of wasting those cbills (yay for being eternally space poor) not getting those cbill back when it wasn't a mistake i made but a balance pass would be rather infuriating.

In my mind a solution is to change the current MC respec cost to a MC purchasable global(?) respec ticket system in a similar fashion to the supply keys but that refunds both cbills and xp. Preferably with similarly (cheap) pricing too like the Keys, 910MC aka ~5$ vs 2.3mill cbills is not close to equivalent value imo especially when you lose the cbills you spent on the nodes. Additionally i think it would be important to have players get 1-3 for free when you buy a mech as well so you at least have a chance to experiment before you lock that mech into a build. This way when it comes time to adjust the tree it wouldn't involve an excessive amount of drama assuming PGI is able to plug in which mechs or nodes are effected and some automated system will automatically provide players with a number of refund tickets based on the number of mechs they own that fall under the 'effected' category or are using the effected nodes at the time of the patch.

Edited by ChapDude, 11 February 2017 - 08:10 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users