ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:00 AM

View PostWiley Coyote, on 25 January 2017 - 09:55 AM, said:

I might have to go put this gif in the Mechs as GIFs thread as "Johnny Z attacking but enemies take no damage while dancing around in front of him." Maybe the closest thing to evidence we'll ever see?

IDK...seems like that would make Johnny into Picard in this scenario.... and that feels a bit sacrilegious...

Can we swap Picard out for Archer.....? Much as I like Scott Bakula, he was the worst Captain on by far the worst iteration of the show..... (though his atrocious New Orleans accent on NCIS: NO is seriously degrading my opinion of him...well..that show is degrading my opinion of NCIS, period....)

#42 Oberost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:01 AM

View PostBombast, on 25 January 2017 - 09:57 AM, said:

Need to get someone to edit it so that every time Q sways forward, a shot goes behind him, and every time he sways back a shot goes in front of him.

PLEASE; DO IT!

#43 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:02 AM

View PostOberost, on 25 January 2017 - 09:41 AM, said:

And here we go...

Posted Image

Being a trumpet player, that scene bothers me so much.

YOU CAN'T PLAY WHILE BOUNCING AROUND LIKE THAT. IT WOULD RESULT IN NOTHING BUT DISCORD.

#44 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:03 AM

View PostTarogato, on 25 January 2017 - 10:02 AM, said:

YOU CAN'T PLAY WHILE BOUNCING AROUND LIKE THAT. IT WOULD RESULT IN NOTHING BUT DISCORD.

Have you never watched a Star Trek Q episode? That's one of the characters primary attributes.

#45 Lostdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:08 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 25 January 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

IDK...seems like that would make Johnny into Picard in this scenario.... and that feels a bit sacrilegious...

Can we swap Picard out for Archer.....? Much as I like Scott Bakula, he was the worst Captain on by far the worst iteration of the show..... (though his atrocious New Orleans accent on NCIS: NO is seriously degrading my opinion of him...well..that show is degrading my opinion of NCIS, period....)

My wife loves that NCIS NOLA show, but she won't watch it around me because I reflexively make fun of it. That kid from Sling Blade is the worse than Bakula because that is actually how he talks, he is a caricature and the reason people think folks from Alabama are all dumb rednecks.

#46 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:08 AM

View PostTarogato, on 25 January 2017 - 10:02 AM, said:

Being a trumpet player, that scene bothers me so much.

if that is the first thing to bug you when an omnipotent alien arrives.... IDK... you might have some skewed priorities.... pretty sure if he could do all the other things Q does... playing the Trumpet whilst dancing would hardly prove an issue. It might not be consistent with IRL physics...but this is Star Trek and specifically Q Continuum physics..... your mere IRL mortal Trumpet Inadequacies do not apply. Because it's perfectly consistent with their physics and logic.

#47 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:12 AM

View PostLostdragon, on 25 January 2017 - 10:08 AM, said:

My wife loves that NCIS NOLA show, but she won't watch it around me because I reflexively make fun of it. That kid from Sling Blade is the worse than Bakula because that is actually how he talks, he is a caricature and the reason people think folks from Alabama are all dumb rednecks.

Yeah....that too. He was in Fast and Furious 3, I believe... and somehow managed to make that movie even dumber..... pretty impressive feat, actually.

NCIS:NOLA..... it's just...so fake and so forced. Hey guys..NCIS has all these quirky characters... let's script some over the top quirkeness right in from the beginning instead of letting the actors bring out their own quirks... then add all these tropes, special connections, and macguffins, and a silly nickname that feels forced, like "King" and yeah, that'll be real original, and no one will notice.....

(not trying to bag on your wife, btw... but the show really is just that bad. Admittedly... Post Ziva, NCIS has been mediocre to bad, in general, though.)

#48 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:16 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 25 January 2017 - 10:08 AM, said:

if that is the first thing to bug you when an omnipotent alien arrives.... IDK... you might have some skewed priorities.... pretty sure if he could do all the other things Q does... playing the Trumpet whilst dancing would hardly prove an issue. It might not be consistent with IRL physics...but this is Star Trek and specifically Q Continuum physics..... your mere IRL mortal Trumpet Inadequacies do not apply. Because it's perfectly consistent with their physics and logic.

Q has a penchant for the authentic, though. Posted Image

View PostBombast, on 25 January 2017 - 10:03 AM, said:

Have you never watched a Star Trek Q episode? That's one of the characters primary attributes.

Hopefully somebody will come along who gets the exact reference I was making... in the meantime I'll be howling at the moon and sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon. Posted Image

Edited by Tarogato, 25 January 2017 - 10:19 AM.

#49 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:16 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 25 January 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

And they're doing it to New Orleans!!!

View PostTarogato, on 25 January 2017 - 10:16 AM, said:

Hopefully somebody will come along who gets the exact reference I was making... in the meantime I'll be howling at the moon and sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon. Posted Image

Here you go:

Posted Image

Edited by Mystere, 25 January 2017 - 10:28 AM.

#50 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:22 AM

Without video evidence, we can't really do anything but make assumptions here.

#51 Lostdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:23 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 25 January 2017 - 10:12 AM, said:

Yeah....that too. He was in Fast and Furious 3, I believe... and somehow managed to make that movie even dumber..... pretty impressive feat, actually.

NCIS:NOLA..... it's just...so fake and so forced. Hey guys..NCIS has all these quirky characters... let's script some over the top quirkeness right in from the beginning instead of letting the actors bring out their own quirks... then add all these tropes, special connections, and macguffins, and a silly nickname that feels forced, like "King" and yeah, that'll be real original, and no one will notice.....

(not trying to bag on your wife, btw... but the show really is just that bad. Admittedly... Post Ziva, NCIS has been mediocre to bad, in general, though.)

Yeah, you are spot on. My wife is actually pretty smart, she knows the show is dumb but she still enjoys it for probably the same reasons I enjoy Battletech despite the dumb things about it.

#52 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:25 AM

View PostOberost, on 25 January 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

PLEASE; DO IT!

I'm not very good at this, so I didn't try to get too fancy. Hows this?

Posted Image

#53 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:31 AM

View PostBombast, on 25 January 2017 - 10:25 AM, said:

I'm not very good at this, so I didn't try to get too fancy. Hows this?

Posted Image

Hilarious. :)

#54 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:35 AM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 25 January 2017 - 10:22 AM, said:

Without video evidence, we can't really do anything but make assumptions here.

well, that fits perfectly in line with the scientific testing method of the OP.

#55 Zoeff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 264 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:35 AM

[mod]Looks like this topic is no longer needed, locking topic...[/mod]

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users