• Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 08:11 PM

View PostMadHornet, on 02 February 2017 - 06:17 PM, said:

You know what? Just for you, here's the Hornet (not part of competition):

Posted Image

PGI pls!

Edited by jjm1, 02 February 2017 - 08:12 PM.

#142 BWS2K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:21 PM

Okay, so I have to withdraw my Mist Lynxes because technically they are ineligible for this contest. Obviously I had to get that out of my system. Here's my official submission - because have you even heard of these guys? I know we don't have melee combat... YET... but how awesome would it be to run around with a lance of these and just smack opponents around? Answer: Very. It seems they were sort of a Solaris-only mech, not particularly affiliated with Inner Sphere or Clan, but I still love the visceral look of those claws and the idea that they don't battle for territory or honor - they rip up mechs with their bare hands because GLORY.

"I wasn't the best because I killed quickly. I was the best because the crowd loved me." - Proximo, Gladiator

Thanks, again, for the contest CK - some very lovely work showing up in this thread, ya'll! Posted Image

Posted Image

#143 McMurl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 186 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:59 PM

View PostShinypants, on 29 January 2017 - 09:30 PM, said:

Thought Id throw my hat into the ring... Its not the prettiest mech in the world but I like the asymmetrical nature of it.

The Argus! Posted Image

Pants

Not sure why but the Argus is one of my all time favorite mechs. Maybe because it was the first heavy you could get in MW4 mercs? idk. Freaking love this rendition of it. Now that a time jump is happening, im salivating violently to see what PGI and their amazing art does with the Argus. Thats right. I said VIOLENTLY. THERE IS VIOLENCE INVOLVED.

The only change id suggest is to make the legs a bit beefier. other than that its spot on!

Edited by McMurl, 02 February 2017 - 11:06 PM.

#144 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:44 AM

View PostMcMurl, on 02 February 2017 - 09:59 PM, said:

Not sure why but the Argus is one of my all time favorite mechs. Maybe because it was the first heavy you could get in MW4 mercs? idk. Freaking love this rendition of it. Now that a time jump is happening, im salivating violently to see what PGI and their amazing art does with the Argus. Thats right. I said VIOLENTLY. THERE IS VIOLENCE INVOLVED.

The only change id suggest is to make the legs a bit beefier. other than that its spot on!

[Obvious joke about what mech from MW4 I want here]

Honestly, never was a fan of the Argus. It's an interesting design, but the MW4 version just never grabbed me. Shinypants' drawing is pretty good though.

#145 Shinypants

• PipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 81 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 01:19 AM

View PostMcMurl, on 02 February 2017 - 09:59 PM, said:

Argus related violence... noooo.... what have I done?!? :P

Thanks man. I agree on looking back that clearly I made this mech skip leg day... sigh... mistakes were made...

View PostRestosIII, on 03 February 2017 - 12:44 AM, said:

[Obvious joke about what mech from MW4 I want here]

Honestly, never was a fan of the Argus. It's an interesting design, but the MW4 version just never grabbed me. Shinypants' drawing is pretty good though.

I was in the same boat. Never a fan of the Argus. But for some reason that made me want to see if I could make it cooler. Dunno if I fully succeeded or not but it was fun!

Pants

#146 kuma8877

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 691 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:37 AM

Hopefully I haven't bitten of more than I can chew with my layout. Presenting the Solitaire WIP... Posted Image

#147 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 03 February 2017 - 03:01 PM

View Postkuma8877, on 03 February 2017 - 10:37 AM, said:

Hopefully I haven't bitten of more than I can chew with my layout. Presenting the Solitaire WIP...
Spoiler

Posted Image

It was a mistake to click on that image to zoom in.

#148 kuma8877

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 691 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 03 February 2017 - 04:05 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 03 February 2017 - 03:01 PM, said:

Posted Image

It was a mistake to click on that image to zoom in.

Yeah...sorry bout that. It was my working resolution. I'll trim them down a bit as I update....

#149 Bradigus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 04:38 PM

Only a week to go.

Posted Image
It's only going to get fun from here on out.

Edited by Bradigus, 03 February 2017 - 04:42 PM.

#150 BWS2K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:26 PM

I'm so jelly of ya'll's work. I've got a Wacom Bamboo Pen CTL-460 (approximately a 3x5 surface) from years ago that I use in GIMP and I'm always like "Hey, that's not too bad BW!" Then I look at what other people are doing these days, which clearly involves sorcery of some kind, and I'm like "Aw, BW, your work is so cute! Did you make that in MSPaint?" lol

#151 Dino Might

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:27 PM

View Postkuma8877, on 03 February 2017 - 10:37 AM, said:

Hopefully I haven't bitten of more than I can chew with my layout. Presenting the Solitaire WIP... Posted Image

I wish I could draw like you all. Amazing work. This one might be my favorite because it has an elemental in it. I like mechs, but elementals are my favorite part of BattleTech.

#152 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:29 PM

View PostBWS2K, on 03 February 2017 - 05:26 PM, said:

I'm so jelly of ya'll's work. I've got a Wacom Bamboo Pen CTL-460 (approximately a 3x5 surface) from years ago that I use in GIMP and I'm always like "Hey, that's not too bad BW!" Then I look at what other people are doing these days, which clearly involves sorcery of some kind, and I'm like "Aw, BW, your work is so cute! Did you make that in MSPaint?" lol

At this point, I'm pretty sure that well-made art requires the sacrifice of virgin blood. There's no other explanation for how people can make this stuff, while I can't write my own name legibly.

#153 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 03 February 2017 - 06:20 PM

View PostDino Might, on 03 February 2017 - 05:27 PM, said:

I wish I could draw like you all. Amazing work. This one might be my favorite because it has an elemental in it. I like mechs, but elementals are my favorite part of BattleTech.

lol...and this is like the ONLY one I've done lately without an Elemental in it, lol....
(can't wait to see the finished piece, though. )

#154 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:26 AM

View PostRestosIII, on 03 February 2017 - 05:29 PM, said:

At this point, I'm pretty sure that well-made art requires the sacrifice of virgin blood. There's no other explanation for how people can make this stuff, while I can't write my own name legibly.

Well, that might explain the shrinking playerbase..... Posted Image

#155 kuma8877

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 691 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:46 PM

Thanks for the kind words everyone. So, I have to tell a story when I draw and as such, the thought I'm having as I work is a small clammer recon force on a long duration field mission. We'll see where it goes in the long run... Hopefuly, I trimmed it down enough... hopefully....

Posted Image

#156 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,843 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:49 PM

View Postkuma8877, on 04 February 2017 - 12:46 PM, said:

Thanks for the kind words everyone. So, I have to tell a story when I draw and as such, the thought I'm having as I work is a small clammer recon force on a long duration field mission. We'll see where it goes in the long run... Hopefuly, I trimmed it down enough... hopefully....

Posted Image

Looking absoutly amazing, and just light years ahead what I can do right now.
Also I want to see more your work in the future. Posted Image

#157 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:13 PM

Wow. Some seriously nice work going on here. I have enjoyed literally ALL the entries so far. As of right now though, I'd say the 3 top entries are:

View PostBradigus, on 03 February 2017 - 04:38 PM, said:

Only a week to go.

Posted Image
It's only going to get fun from here on out.

View Postkuma8877, on 04 February 2017 - 12:46 PM, said:

Posted Image

View PostShinypants, on 29 January 2017 - 09:30 PM, said:

Thought Id throw my hat into the ring... Its not the prettiest mech in the world but I like the asymmetrical nature of it.

The Argus! Posted Image

Pants

Bradigus at the moment leads with his millimetric precision on that Thanatos. I would like to see some background, etc. But the mech itself is jaw dropping. When kuma8877 finishes his piece, it may well top it because of total composition (though I do dislike the head being too small for the pilot.. but that is an issue with much of Battletech's art.) and ShinyPants is keeping pace with his beautiful Argus rendition.

Of course... I'm still waiting to see what jaw dropping piece jjm1 brings us, which could upset the whole apple cart. I freely admit those three (and a couple others) school me and my old fashioned pen on paper approach. Such clean line work it's ridiculous. And yet I don't feel discouraged by it, but enervated because of all the creativity on this thread. I hope everyone who has contributed keeps at it, and that we see many more in the remaining week!

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 05 February 2017 - 05:03 AM.

#158 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:44 PM

I may be greedy but I hope we get to see more artwork before the contest ends. =)

#159 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,843 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 05 February 2017 - 12:39 AM

Is their anything in the rules about submitting improved version of already submitted work allow?

#160 Shinypants

• PipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 03:30 AM

I havent had much time but I really wanted to revisit my Argus. I added some armour to the legs. I wouldnt call this finished but I thought Id share it anyway. I have no problem if you just want to use the first linework instead of this one as my entry.

Ill keep chipping away at this one...

Posted Image
Pants

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users