#41 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 29 January 2017 - 09:47 PM

View Postpanzer1b, on 29 January 2017 - 09:27 PM, said:

Outside of derping around in stuff like my 13 flamer stormcrow (yes i do very occasionally do this) not really. I just cannot justify their worth over an actual weapon like the SL. That and its so short range that you have to be in brawling range to use it and most of my brawlers need all the hardpoints for like brawler weapons.

Sadly the old flamer was actually good, new one sucks because it nolonger has that blinding effect when spammed at the cockpit (that was an actual tactical advantage that i was more then willing to drop 1 weapon for) and it has like 1/10 of its original DPS. Not that 1 DPS was worthwhile, but at least it did something, had inf ammo, and did work from behind people (and nothing was more satisfying then a flamer kill).

At least they buffed the MGs and made those valid weapon options, i actually bring MGs on my fav mech, the shadowcat (or as i like to refer to it: the "rambocat") since 6 mgs will tear people apart after i strip their armor with whatever choice of dual LPL, ERLL, or PPC im in the mood to run. Unlike flamers, they have some use (and are the most entertaining way of klilling people Posted Image ive tried thusfar)...

No offense, but seriously? You really believe having that tiny DPS and blinding effect make up for the flames doing almost nothing to the enemy heat pool? 2-3 flamers are actually viable as an asset on a mech now. Back then, people would just roll their eyes at you and call it a joke build.

#42 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 30 January 2017 - 12:11 AM

View PostRestosIII, on 29 January 2017 - 09:47 PM, said:

No offense, but seriously? You really believe having that tiny DPS and blinding effect make up for the flames doing almost nothing to the enemy heat pool? 2-3 flamers are actually viable as an asset on a mech now. Back then, people would just roll their eyes at you and call it a joke build.

Can confirm

Tier 1 certified useful in limited situations, such as 1 VS 1
Or headhunting

#43 NighthawK1337

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 373 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere, Terra, Asia, Philippines

Posted 30 January 2017 - 03:36 AM

View PostRestosIII, on 29 January 2017 - 09:47 PM, said:

If they didn't stop at 90% heat I would say that it's a viable build, but then..... It does.

I can understand why, a Nova getting in range is guaranteed death. BIG balance issue.

#44 cazidin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:09 AM

View Postxe N on, on 29 January 2017 - 09:16 PM, said:

Flamers are only useful for brawlers. However, flamers need next to constant facing, which block you to twist damage.

So, in a coordinated brawling group flamers are nice, because mechs which are not in focus can use them. In PUG-land ... not so much.

So, a swarm of light or fast medium mechs with flamers could overwhelm an opponent? Though, a swarm of light or fast mediums would overwhelm most opponents.

Also. About that Trump Wall... Posted Image

Edited by cazidin, 30 January 2017 - 11:09 AM.

#45 Magnus Santini

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 708 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 03:28 PM

I am okay with the maximum heat inflicted on the enemy being 90%. BUT! It should tell you when that happens so you stop flaming them. Right now there is no way to tell. Or if it is easier, it could raise the shooter's heat to 90% maximum too.

#46 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 30 January 2017 - 03:30 PM

View PostMagnus Santini, on 30 January 2017 - 03:28 PM, said:

I am okay with the maximum heat inflicted on the enemy being 90%. BUT! It should tell you when that happens so you stop flaming them. Right now there is no way to tell. Or if it is easier, it could raise the shooter's heat to 90% maximum too.

I still think there should be a visual difference for mechs based on their heat levels at all times. Seeing steam and smoke coming out of the thing, with different walking animations especially, at higher heat levels would help.

Plus, it would help make it easier to track those scary, boogeyman high alpha pokers when they try to re-locate after knocking themselves up to 70-80% heat.

Edited by RestosIII, 30 January 2017 - 03:34 PM.

#47 NighthawK1337

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 373 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere, Terra, Asia, Philippines

Posted 30 January 2017 - 03:50 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 30 January 2017 - 03:30 PM, said:

I still think there should be a visual difference for mechs based on their heat levels at all times. Seeing steam and smoke coming out of the thing, with different walking animations especially, at higher heat levels would help.

Plus, it would help make it easier to track those scary, boogeyman high alpha pokers when they try to re-locate after knocking themselves up to 70-80% heat.

Or just add heat info next to the paper doll. that'll be even easier. Maybe if they add it as an extra functionality to the active probe then it'll be another reason to take one besides countering ECM.
More info is always better.

Edited by NighthawK1337, 30 January 2017 - 03:55 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users