10 replies to this topic

#1 BigScwerl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 222 posts
  • LocationPac N Dub

Posted 26 January 2017 - 10:29 PM

OK, I know a lot of you really like the state of FP in the. I mostly like it, it is interesting to have a drop deck on a QP map, but when it comes to the variety of game modes, we are now all just playing QP drops 4x times for faction points. It's been ages since I've been on boreal or sulfurous rift. Can we add some chances to get invasion during the cycles? If I wanted to play QP maps, I would just quick play. The balance has shifted to far over to only QP maps.

Another thought, PGI should gift all cw players more drop decks for the variety of play that's demanded in playing QP modes.. or at least make them A LOT less expensive so we can have a deck ready for all types of games... It really irritating to have 60 seconds to sort out game mode, map and then rebuild a drop deck every time I drop.

#2 -Mean Machine Angel-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 195 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 01:45 AM

More invasion.I miss it sooo much,I find myself drifting away from MWO these days because of it.

#3 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 27 January 2017 - 01:56 AM

i think we should replace the skirmish part of the slider with a random map and mode, invasion included in it, and call it the batchall phase, and have the rest of the slider be the predetermined modes for each section and have that represent mopping up the resistence. keep invasion in the back though on the mop up part because it kinda represent to me the last resistance taking down the orbital guns so their reinforcements can arrive, and thats what saves the planet when you get 3 lucky wins at the end of the slider, you successfully saved your reinforcements and they landed and mopped up what you couldnt, due to you being fresh off a long campaign and their fresh off r&r (think op bulldog saving op serpent). but having that random bit in the middle in the batchal phase allows for everything, and in a perfectly balanced game, the slider would spend most of its time in the middle, so the middle should havbe the most variation to avoid that.

#4 Danjo San

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 02:23 AM

View PostBigScwerl, on 26 January 2017 - 10:29 PM, said:

OK, I know a lot of you really like the state of FP in the. I mostly like it, it is interesting to have a drop deck on a QP map, but when it comes to the variety of game modes, we are now all just playing QP drops 4x times for faction points. It's been ages since I've been on boreal or sulfurous rift. Can we add some chances to get invasion during the cycles? If I wanted to play QP maps, I would just quick play. The balance has shifted to far over to only QP maps.

Another thought, PGI should gift all cw players more drop decks for the variety of play that's demanded in playing QP modes.. or at least make them A LOT less expensive so we can have a deck ready for all types of games... It really irritating to have 60 seconds to sort out game mode, map and then rebuild a drop deck every time I drop.

Pro Tip: Name your Mechs to match the deck it belongs to.
Example "Er-LL Deck" or "Conquest-Deck"
Makes picking the correct mech much quicker.

But yeah, I'll back making them cheaper. I won't throw out 1200MC for something I can manually adjust in 30sec.

#5 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 27 January 2017 - 02:36 AM

View PostMean Machine Angel x, on 27 January 2017 - 01:45 AM, said:

More invasion.I miss it sooo much,I find myself drifting away from MWO these days because of it.

Bit apparently 'everyone' wanted mass QP

#6 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 05:13 AM

Everyone i know would rather not play Faction play if the Invasion maps are used. We literally stop playing when they tick down that far. Its just not fun and just leads to ridiculous arguments in my unit at least. You HAVE to bring specific mechs and builds and use specific pre determined choke points to stand a chance ... its just not worth the effort.

#7 BigScwerl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 222 posts
  • LocationPac N Dub

Posted 27 January 2017 - 11:05 AM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 27 January 2017 - 05:13 AM, said:

Everyone i know would rather not play Faction play if the Invasion maps are used. We literally stop playing when they tick down that far. Its just not fun and just leads to ridiculous arguments in my unit at least. You HAVE to bring specific mechs and builds and use specific pre determined choke points to stand a chance ... its just not worth the effort.

You have to do the same in QP maps as well. Brawlers, traders, short range lights, mixed weight brawl, light trading, etc. All of the maps have predetermined choke points we've seen a hundred times. If you don't bring the right deck, your odds of victory are really poor, regardless of the map.

I also disagree that nvasion maps always take place in the same chokes. If that is occuring, try and switch things up with light or medium rushes, or engaging an enemy in other locations. Bait them into ambushes, etc.

#8 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 11:15 AM

View PostBigScwerl, on 27 January 2017 - 11:05 AM, said:

You have to do the same in QP maps as well. Brawlers, traders, short range lights, mixed weight brawl, light trading, etc. All of the maps have predetermined choke points we've seen a hundred times. If you don't bring the right deck, your odds of victory are really poor, regardless of the map.

I also disagree that nvasion maps always take place in the same chokes. If that is occuring, try and switch things up with light or medium rushes, or engaging an enemy in other locations. Bait them into ambushes, etc.

If i'm reading this right are you suggesting that there is as much diversity of play between Invasion maps and quickplay maps ? If you are, i simply disagree unless you are simply looking at the top 1% of skill level.

#9 VitriolicViolet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 592 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Melbourne

Posted 27 January 2017 - 11:27 AM

yeah id like a huge increase in Invasion games, its why i played CW at all. not that QP maps are bad they just are the same **** QP but Invasion is why i played this mode and now its stupidly diluted and takes way to long to get to and only lasts a hour or so unless stomp central is happening. i would prefer if once the bar was over halfway the rest is invasion as opposed to just the last bit.

More invasion is necessary

Edited: phase 3 was great, it was all i played for months, since phase 4 ive practically avoided it Long Dong was too much, and now they virtually ended the mode by making it QP 2.0

Edited by VitriolicViolet, 27 January 2017 - 11:28 AM.

#10 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 12:06 PM

I think invasion should kick off at at 50 percent into one sides zone as it were or more specifically when the bar is at 75% full. Also would like to see Canyon network make it into faction play as well. Great map. I can see why they don't put a couple of the real small maps in there but I think Canyon and Bog would break up the scenery a bit more. But i agree with what several have stated that I too miss invasion mode. It requires a lot of great coordination to do successfully. Also isn't it about time we got a new invasion map? Perhaps something in a deep jungle or a true dessert, or perhaps a city invasion map.

#11 BigScwerl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 222 posts
  • LocationPac N Dub

Posted 27 January 2017 - 12:42 PM

@Racer-

Maybe a couple maps like Boreal or Grimp Ortico do pigeonhole you into some specific chokes and dictate the battle location more, but I've brawled all over sulfurous, vitric, taiga and the other one(s)? It's been so long I can't remember. Maybe if you're an unorganized pug unit without a drop caller you get stuck in the standard chokes, but it's pretty easy to convince anyone in organized play to do something different. I actually feel like many of the QP maps end up turning into poke brawls in the same spot more often than not because teams aren't getting creative an calling it differently.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users