- - - - -

Mech Sales For Credits

7 replies to this topic

#1 Jamico

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 03:17 PM

I've been playing for less than 2 months, and this is the second time I've seen mechs go on sale for credits (aka c-bills). Both times, it's been selected mechs. How often do these kinds of sales happen? I have big dreams of buying an Atlas for credits on sale.

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 03:22 PM

View PostJamico, on 27 January 2017 - 03:17 PM, said:

I've been playing for less than 2 months, and this is the second time I've seen mechs go on sale for credits (aka c-bills). Both times, it's been selected mechs. How often do these kinds of sales happen? I have big dreams of buying an Atlas for credits on sale.

Cbills sales are not very common at all, but with big changes about to happen I imagine that PGI is trying to get as many players as they can 'back' to witness the change, as it will mark a significant improvement to the game... as well as delivering something they talked about since 2012.

#3 CJ Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 222 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 07:11 PM

well if it really is an atlas you want, then for sure sometime in the next year.. :)

that said, I'd think sometime by or in summer it will be on sale.. There hasn't been a sale in a while on them, so the longer it goes the more likely to happen.. as typically all the c-bill mechs are on sale, once or twice a year at least.. (after they been out for a bit)

#4 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 27 January 2017 - 07:15 PM

I think you'll see every mech go on sale at least once, if not twice a year. But that'll mean alotta waiting for a specific mech cuz we don't know when it'll happen. They try to be rather inclusive, over time. If you really wanna take advantage of sales, I would counsel keeping an 'emergency sales' cache of cbills around, and then just buy what you want the rest of the time.

~Leone.

#5 Boulangerie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 02:23 AM

If you really want an Atlas, just start saving! Buy it when you can afford it and don't worry about waiting too long for the sale. It's unpredictable.

You will need cbills for double heat sinks (must have) and probably a new engine for the Atlas since the 300 STD it comes with is too slow and it's hard to use up the extra weight with that different builds. You'll probably want a 350STD or something in between.

I'd suggest the AS7-S or AS7-D-DC, they are the best two options for Atlas.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 10:08 AM

You know, I still have never owned an Atlas D-DC... in what is now going to be the start of a fifth year now.

I have two Atlas D's (Founder and normal), a K, an S, an RS, and a Boar's Head.

I think maybe it'll go on my to do list after the skill tree update.

#7 Jamico

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 01:07 PM

Thank you for your replies. I've actually had the credits for an Atlas for a while now. I almost have enough to get an Atlas and a Dire Wolf, if I can grab the wolf while it's still on sale. It sounds like a sale for a specific mech is not really worth waiting for, as they are infrequent and unpredictable. Oh well. I will probably get the DC, as it can use ECM and AMS. None of the Atlases have the perfect set of hardpoints for me. I just want an Atlas because ... it's an Atlas. I hope to get each of the mechs that were my favorites from the minis game used to play. Well, the ones they have, anyway. Since melee isn't a thing in this game, I doubt we'll ever see the construction mech and construction mech-mod. Anyhow, it sounds like the thing to do is get the mechs I really want now, and save for those surprise sales.

#8 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 04:27 PM

I started playing a year ago, but only started seriously playing in late sping/early summer. In summer and autumn we had few sales of few mechs( like current, some selection of Clan&IS mechs), plus 4 times where each weight class as whole, was on sale. I mean, one weight class at a time, was on sale, not all 4 times.

Such sales have happened before, I think at least some weight classes had been on sale in winter(early 2016).

So it's a little bit erratic, but sales do happen periodicly. Limited sales like now, maybe once a month or once per two months, these whole weight classes definetly less often. Maybe once or twice per year, well I haven't been around that long but I did search about it when I was anticipating and expecting heavy-class sales.

So anyway no longer than when assults come into sale again, you could get that Atlas, as long as you have the C-Bills and mechbay for it.
It just might not be as powerful as you think, because it's an old mech (as in MWO implemented) and we have this "power creep" going on where newer mechs are better.

It seems the sale price is usually 65% of normal prices, I've never seen other.

Also when you've played long enough, you might also want to buy mechs just for their XL engines, like I just brought Crab. I might not play at it at all but I sure needed the 250 XL it had. Since engines and other parts like weapons are never on sale, I payed 4.6 million, got the engine worth of 4 million, and since I can sell the Crab for 0.7 milllion I only paid for the engine and got few parts for free, like two large pulse lasers.

Edited by Teer Kerensky, 29 January 2017 - 04:29 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users