4 replies to this topic

#1 BlackHeroe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 109 posts
  • LocationKasselhague

Posted 29 January 2017 - 08:11 AM

Somehow my mech wanted only to go on full speed ahead, no setting of throttle possible also not through numpad. Only thing possibly was walking backwards, but with leaving the backwards key it instantly got back to full speed.

I had that now for 3 of 8 Mechs (2 FW drops). One time it even got worse additionally it stuck to turning to the right all time, then suddenly it switched to turn full left.

Totally unplayable so - ill look back if it gets solved..

Edit: (Couldnt Reply)
Couldnt fix it if it happened. Redoing and save the throttle didnt work either.
No Joystick, no macro, no Application for keyboard (only german language applied as normal for germans).

But sfter the last patches (i made a pause from MWO), it not happened again after i had it several times.

Edited by BlackHeroe, 30 March 2017 - 05:20 PM.

#2 Krist Smith

Senior Engineer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 629 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:12 PM

View PostBlackHeroe, on 29 January 2017 - 08:11 AM, said:

Somehow my mech wanted only to go on full speed ahead, no setting of throttle possible also not through numpad. Only thing possibly was walking backwards, but with leaving the backwards key it instantly got back to full speed. I had that now for 3 of 8 Mechs (2 FW drops). One time it even got worse additionally it stuck to turning to the right all time, then suddenly it switched to turn full left. Totally unplayable so - ill look back if it gets solved..

Sounds like maybe you have a joystick plugged in, or something else that the game is seeing as a throttle? Happened to me when I got a G13, took longer than it should have for me to realize what was going on.

#3 The Lost Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 585 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:16 PM

So how do you fix it?

#4 Krist Smith

Senior Engineer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 629 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:22 PM

View PostLemming of the BDA, on 16 February 2017 - 04:16 PM, said:

So how do you fix it?

First I unplugged the G13, that did it. But the actual fix for me was to go into settings and unmap the throttle controls. Assuming you use keyboard/mouse, then there's no need to have controller mappings.

So, go to settings, controller, and unmap the "Analog Throttle", save, and see if that does the trick.

Edit: I just re-read the original post. The fix for the constant turning is unmapping "Analog Turn" as well.

Also, thanks, I read your profile name and now I have "Lemming of the BD, BD, BD, BD, Lemming of the BD..." stuck in my head on loop. Eeesh.

#5 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:49 PM

View PostBlackHeroe, on 29 January 2017 - 08:11 AM, said:

Somehow my mech wanted only to go on full speed ahead, no setting of throttle possible also not through numpad. Only thing possibly was walking backwards, but with leaving the backwards key it instantly got back to full speed.

I had that now for 3 of 8 Mechs (2 FW drops). One time it even got worse additionally it stuck to turning to the right all time, then suddenly it switched to turn full left.

Totally unplayable so - ill look back if it gets solved..

Do you ever use applications for typing in different scripts? IME, such for swapping between typing in japanese, cyrillic, english, or european languages with extended alphabets. I've heard that these can cause the issue exactly as you're describing, even if you might not be aware that one is running in the background on your computer and you're not using it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users