Which Cyclops Variants Should I Buy

10 replies to this topic

#1 MechLord71

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 160 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 01:09 PM

Hi! I am returning after a long break. I like the look, speed and toughness of cyclops. Any recommendations for which 3 variants to buy with C-bills? I am looking for a good mix of loadouts....I am really not a sniper by nature more of a mid range player.

Thanks!!

#2 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 29 January 2017 - 02:30 PM

Sleipnir (dakka) and 10-Q (SRM SMASH) are the standouts. The others all have various flaws.

#3 Starbomber109

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 387 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 02:34 PM

The ECM variant is also worth having, it's like a faster, less armored Atlas DDC but weighs 90 tons instead of 100 (which is actually useful sometimes)

I also enjoy the 11-A, even if I play it basically like an inferior atlas. 10-Q is def worth having.

#4 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 08:28 PM

I don't own a Cyclops but I noticed someone used the same mid range build for the 10-Z that I use for my Misery

#5 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 30 January 2017 - 02:52 AM

View PostStarbomber109, on 29 January 2017 - 02:34 PM, said:

The ECM variant is also worth having, it's like a faster, less armored Atlas DDC but weighs 90 tons instead of 100 (which is actually useful sometimes)

The problem tho that the ECM one (CP-11-P) lacks hardpoints to be a mini-DDC. The CP-11-A-DC is an actual mini-DDC minus the ECM. As Terciel pointed out the Sleipnir and the CP-10-Q are the ones that work best due to inflation of either ballistic or missile hardpoints. All other variants tend to lack something, even if only a little. Either way, pick the variants you have a clear idea what you want to do with. Gauss+2PPCs for example will work on any of them (except the Q of course).

#6 Galaxie 500

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:04 PM

I don't own it (yet!) but Sleipnir's quirk of 5% lower chance of receiving critical hits is very tanky. Quirks are on their way out so it will be interesting to see how this model re-balances.

#7 VeeOt Dragon

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 18 February 2018 - 03:38 PM

I know old thread but I have the same question, I am trying to decide between the 10-z (gonna keep the AC-20 and put in 6 ML with an SRM 6) or the 11-p (going with standard gauss and 4 MLs with an SRM 6 and a 4)

would love some opinions.

#8 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:59 AM

The Cyclops 11-A-DC is probably my favorite brawler. Don't have access to my account so I don't know the exact build, but I run it as a slightly smaller Atlas S. LB20X, 3 SRM6, 1 SRM4, big standard engine, 2 AMS. It actually brawls better than an Atlas because of the better torso speed for twisting. Plus you aren't as likely to be focused as you are in an Atlas.

#9 _SpiderGoat

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 08:37 AM

Sleipnir HG/ML and 10Q MRM/SRM - won't share specific builds but if you pay attention to the loadout capabilities you'll figure it out.

#10 Athom83

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 19 February 2018 - 08:53 AM

11-A-DC Is probably the best all round Cyclops because of the good mix of Ballistics and Missiles.

#11 VeeOt Dragon

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 19 February 2018 - 12:04 PM

ended up going with the 11-P, as for the hero that's out because I don't have the real world cash to spend (got a good bit of MC from the Holiday Event but not enough). I figured I could do either a gauss or the AC-20 with it. now I just need another mill in C-bills to fit it out the way I want.

thanks for the input though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users