• Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 30 January 2017 - 10:09 AM

Been leveling my bushwackers and also placing in the tournament and noticed that its a bit over powered. I've been face tanking assaults getting 2-5 kills a game and this mech feels like its a heavy with heavy armor for some reason.

It might be due to the hitboxes like the Arctic Cheetah or such but this mech is amazing and does some great damage as well..

Has anyone else noticed that as well and be honest?

#2 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 30 January 2017 - 10:14 AM

Definitely not. Its mediocre at best.

#3 Shadey99

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 10:22 AM

Well it is 55 tons, so it is very close to being a heavy (and the game scales up armor linearly). If you stay mostly straight on enemies, then it's hitboxes are fairly good (It's the sides that give you a large profile). If you've played the Crab the hitboxes are pretty similar So hence it can be a bit 'tanky'. More so with standard engines (as all IS mechs are).

However it's not super strong. In the right hands and the right situation it can be very strong (I've had top damage games in mine). However, they tend to be a tad slow (compared to clan heavies which do 89 kph and they can just do that stock with speed tweak) and against a clan heavy they tend to be low on firepower.

Edited by Shadey99, 30 January 2017 - 10:24 AM.

#4 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 10:44 AM

Really? We do this with EVERY new mech!

At best, It's a Centurion that hit the gym. The slim profile makes it great for IS XLs and that is it's greatest advantage but not a game breaker. The rest comes down to skill and allot of people have practice if 55 ton machines.

#5 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:03 AM

I guess your right steel... :) As far as speed I run it at 107

#6 Lupis Volk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:13 AM

If anything I'd blame new mech syndrome. No one fully knows where the hit boxes are yet.

#7 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:17 AM

Just point it straight at your opponent and you'll be fine - easy to roll damage just by swaying side to side a bit.

Feels like a Crab, but with ammo!

#8 Stf Sgt Marblez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the battlefield, trying to make a difference.

Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:42 AM

Op? The weed whacker? Na.. to me it feels like its got decent hitboxes, but not ACH lvl good. Unless I'm face tanking three enemy mechs (not reccomended; life expectancy very low) I haven't found it to be much of a problem

#9 Davy J0nes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 139 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 12:49 PM

If someone catches you off guard and hits your side torsos your dead as its huge running along on its side. If they stick with just face time with you there simply facing a huge amount of firepower since 90% of players have been using srms6.

whats refreshing not having a gauss ppc build coming out all the time.

----

When I was first using it I was surprised how well it was doing however over time it seems the player base begins to know your most likely xl engine.

#10 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 30 January 2017 - 01:01 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 30 January 2017 - 10:14 AM, said:

Definitely not. Its mediocre at best.

Alternative facts.

#11 Ruccus

• The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 30 January 2017 - 02:50 PM

I'm liking the mech so far, and I agree that in a face-to-face brawl the mech punches above its weight. That being said, if you flank a Bushwacker and it has an XL engine in it, it'll go down fast.

I think the key I'm finding is you don't have to torso twist unless you have to favour an already hurt torso - staring straight at an opponent will give a small side torso profile, and if they're able to hit the ST from there then I congratulate them on taking me down. And even when torso twisting you don't have to 'show your shoulder' to the enemy like in a humanoid mech, you just turn 30 or 40 degrees and your hurt torso is hidden.

#12 Anunknownlurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 362 posts
  • LocationBetween here and there

Posted 30 January 2017 - 02:51 PM

Mine isn't.

#13 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 31 January 2017 - 12:01 PM

They seem about average to me, but the pilots that can shelter a weak ST are tougher to bring down. The mech seems to torso twist pretty rapidly, so some players are definitely spreading damage or shielding components easily.

If you do take a STD engine build right now you can sometimes catch enemies off guard, they might get overly aggressive to nail an open side torso, then regret it when you don't drop. I tend to expect Bushwackers to have an XL build, so this has caught me off guard once or twice.

Overall though I still don't think they're anything too special.

#14 jper4

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 12:11 PM

View PostRuccus, on 30 January 2017 - 02:50 PM, said:

I'm liking the mech so far, and I agree that in a face-to-face brawl the mech punches above its weight. That being said, if you flank a Bushwacker and it has an XL engine in it, it'll go down fast.

I think the key I'm finding is you don't have to torso twist unless you have to favour an already hurt torso - staring straight at an opponent will give a small side torso profile, and if they're able to hit the ST from there then I congratulate them on taking me down. And even when torso twisting you don't have to 'show your shoulder' to the enemy like in a humanoid mech, you just turn 30 or 40 degrees and your hurt torso is hidden.

that's been my main issue with them so far I think. I twist to avoid a shot but end up insta-dead, I think i'm overtwisting too much. only just finishing up basics on them but there are already a few of them I've gotten comfortable with to some degree. I do like the mix of ballistic/missiles you can use on them with token energy backup/out of ammo weapons. like most mediums they seem to be best in a support role. wait for the big guys to mix it up then sneak in. I have trouble with the "wait" portion of that statement however... :)

#15 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 January 2017 - 12:41 PM

I've yet to feel threatened by one.

Except for that one time I encountered one with AC/40. While that build may have caught me off guard and got me killed really early in a match one time, it's still not actually viable.

#16 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:12 AM

I've only fought them, but so far I can't say they are a huge priority target. They seem like they can take a bit of damage, which is a good thing actually.

I'm getting a bit tired of this tendency by some people to call everything OP.

#17 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:40 AM

Hitboxes and speed imho. Haven't encountered any dead hitboxes yet.
They feel a lot tankier then most IS 50-60 ton mechs. Tho, kintaro.. dragon.. quickdraw.. low competition imho.
Tho, i think a twisty crab feels even more tankier.

#18 Veolfen

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:23 AM

The little crab feels way tankier yeah.
Thanks to better hitboxes & design. And being smaller overall.

#19 Laserhupe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Raging Lotus
  • Raging Lotus
  • 337 posts
  • LocationTreasure Beach

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:25 AM

Let me show you how OP the bushwacker is

#20 Katpocalypse Meow

• PipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:21 PM

Don't think it's OP. Strong yes. It has a good mix of hard points and solid armor making it tanky for e medium but the inside is super squishy and the side profile makes taking off a torso super easy. Which is really bad if you have an XL. Once I lose armor on a part I consistently lose that part, or die in the case of side torsos, almost instantly afterwards.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users