Metalicious Mechs For The Is (Now With Poll)

BattleMechs Balance Gameplay

262 replies to this topic

#241 Acehilator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 667 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:24 PM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 14 March 2017 - 12:20 PM, said:

Uziel? HELL ******* YEAH!
Cougar? DAMN YES!
Mad Cat Mk II? Sure!
Annihilator? Ok!

Nostalgia much?

On topic: sad day for IS fans and people in general looking for better faction/tech base balance, another opportunity wasted. Weapon list is looking good, I wonder if the actual stats will hold up to the first impression. Given PGIs track record, probably not Posted Image

#242 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:32 PM

View PostAcehilator, on 14 March 2017 - 12:24 PM, said:

Nostalgia much?

On topic: sad day for IS fans and people in general looking for better faction/tech base balance, another opportunity wasted. Weapon list is looking good, I wonder if the actual stats will hold up to the first impression. Given PGIs track record, probably not Posted Image

Well, the Locust / Shadow Hawk / Thunderbolt / Battlemaster / Grififn / Wolverine / Marauder / Warhammer / Rifleman / Archer / Phoenix Hawk already made it in game for the 3025 fans, so I'm not going to feel bad for wanting another IS 'mech I recognise Posted Image

#243 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:40 PM

Trust me, you will feel bad enough when you actually have to play your Uziels and Annihilators in game.

#244 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:41 PM

View PostAcehilator, on 14 March 2017 - 12:24 PM, said:

Nostalgia much?

Stay tuned, I'll have something for thus in the near future...

#245 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:42 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 14 March 2017 - 12:40 PM, said:

Trust me, you will feel bad enough when you actually have to play your Uziels and Annihilators in game.

No worse than people playing Urbies Posted Image

#246 Acehilator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 667 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:58 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 14 March 2017 - 12:40 PM, said:

Well, Uziels won't be Annihilator level of bad. Just kind of "meh" all around. Like Bushwackers, I suppose.

View PostYeonne Greene, on 14 March 2017 - 12:41 PM, said:

Stay tuned, I'll have something for thus in the near future...

Oh? Color me intrigued? Posted Image

#247 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:03 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 14 March 2017 - 11:44 AM, said:

... and that is exactly what happened. Plus the worst case of assault Mechs, the Annihilator.

It is official: PGI hates the IS. I have no explanation for those useless choices.

Actually I'd say the pain is self inflicted. Remember Tina saw this poll?
https://mwomercs.com...mechs-for-2017/

The good news is the Nightstar got 6th on the poll when Russ was making his 6 month plan

#248 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:29 PM

View PostAcehilator, on 14 March 2017 - 12:58 PM, said:

Well, Uziels won't be Annihilator level of bad. Just kind of "meh" all around. Like Bushwackers, I suppose.

Bushwacker and Uziel have literally nothing in common except being medium Mechs without MASC and ECM. Important factors like tonnage, geometry, and hardpoints are radically different.

With those huge STs and this low cockpit, the Uziel can count itself lucky if it ends up being 'meh' instead of trash. It may not be Annihilator-level of bad, but bad enough - especially compared to the Mechs listed in this thread.

View PostTheArisen, on 14 March 2017 - 01:03 PM, said:

Actually I'd say the pain is self inflicted. Remember Tina saw this poll?

Yes, I do remember shivering in fear back then. Looks like I was right.
A poll set up by a fan of MW:4 who somehow forgot about the Fafnir but put in trash like the Strider. Even if it was not the sole reason for the horrible voting behaviour exhibited in this poll, the poor selection did its part in screwing the IS.

Good news is actually that PGI has the Nightstar on its radar anyway, so hopefully it will come 2017.

Edited by FLG 01, 14 March 2017 - 01:29 PM.

#249 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:33 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 14 March 2017 - 01:29 PM, said:

A poll set up by a fan of MW:4 who somehow forgot about the Fafnir but put in trash like the Strider. Even if it was not the sole reason for the horrible voting behaviour exhibited in this poll, the poor selection did its part in screwing the IS.

Good news is actually that PGI has the Nightstar on its radar anyway, so hopefully it will come 2017.

I'm a bit confused why we're getting the Annihilator as our latest assault. I still hold out hope for the Fafnir! Though I admit I have warmed to the Sagittaire and Nightstar as alternatives (but not substitutes!)

#250 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:35 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 14 March 2017 - 01:29 PM, said:

Yes, I do remember shivering in fear back then. Looks like I was right.

Well he was compiling mechs he'd seen on the forums and it was before the timeline jump was announced so at the time he made the poll the Fafnir and others in this poll were technically offlimits.

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 14 March 2017 - 01:33 PM, said:

I'm a bit confused why we're getting the Annihilator as our latest assault. I still hold out hope for the Fafnir! Though I admit I have warmed to the Sagittaire and Nightstar as alternatives (but not substitutes!)

This poll was seen by Tina and passed on to the rest of PGI

The one positive is the Nightstar placed 6th when Russ made his 6 month plan.

#251 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:39 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 14 March 2017 - 01:33 PM, said:

Well he was compiling mechs he'd seen on the forums and it was before the timeline jump was announced so at the time he made the poll the Fafnir and others in this poll were technically offlimits.

...which didn't stop him from including Mechs like the Hauptmann and the Uziel, which would have been just as offlimits. The more likely explanation is that he just did not care enough to research basics.

#252 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:40 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 14 March 2017 - 01:35 PM, said:

This poll was seen by Tina and passed on to the rest of PGI

The one positive is the Nightstar placed 6th when Russ made his 6 month plan.

Right, but even I can see it's going to be pretty terrible, and I'm potato-tier. Popular is one thing, but this is stock Urbanmech levels of unplayable.

Still, at least we can get it out of the way!

#253 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:43 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 14 March 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

...which didn't stop him from including Mechs like the Hauptmann and the Uziel, which would have been just as offlimits. The more likely explanation is that he just did not care enough to research basics.

It's CK16; he only cared enough to do some rudimentary searching after everybody crucified him for his Clan bias. He's also the same individual who thinks the IS get "free buffs" and that they should be removed, nevermind that the IS become abject garbage without them. I am pulling zero punches; I hate getting screwed when PGI drops by for a listen, and that listen is on a rigged poll made by somebody who is clueless over game balance.

#254 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:45 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 14 March 2017 - 01:43 PM, said:

It's CK16; he only cared enough to do some rudimentary searching after everybody crucified him for his Clan bias. He's also the same individual who thinks the IS get "free buffs" and that they should be removed, nevermind that the IS become abject garbage without them. I am pulling zero punches; I hate getting screwed when PGI drops by for a listen, and that listen is on a rigged poll made by somebody who is clueless over game balance.

Yeah... I like CK but I did get the vibe he put more effort into the Clan side of the poll.

Edited by TheArisen, 14 March 2017 - 02:21 PM.

#255 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:24 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 14 March 2017 - 01:43 PM, said:

The way to handle it imo would have been to ask in a gen thread what mechs ppl want or the community wants. An extremely easy way would be to just ask in the Ultimate mech thread and maybe make your own to setup the poll

#256 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:34 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 14 March 2017 - 02:24 PM, said:

The way to handle it imo would have been to ask in a gen thread what mechs ppl want or the community wants. An extremely easy way would be to just ask in the Ultimate mech thread and maybe make your own to setup the poll

I just wish Russ would hold that competitive round-table he mentioned, and that this topic could be boarded there. There needs to be some give and take, here. All the 'Mechs have been catering to the nostalgia crowd, what about the performance crowd?

#257 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:48 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 14 March 2017 - 02:34 PM, said:

I just wish Russ would hold that competitive round-table he mentioned, and that this topic could be boarded there. There needs to be some give and take, here. All the 'Mechs have been catering to the nostalgia crowd, what about the performance crowd?

Yeah the sad reality is ppl are looking at these mechs with rose colored glasses. They have fond memories but fail to realize it just won't be the same here. For example, Anni fans love talking about it's weapons loadout but ignore it's many issues.

CK's poll showed that most players are set on their nostalgia boats. I realized this with my Nightstar thread and so I got ppl to make artwork of it to appeal to those that don't care about performance. Maybe we can get some of our talented community members to make artwork to help promote these strong mechs.

#258 chucklesMuch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:32 PM

Well i'm looking forward to the Annihilator... I love finding super slow, out of position mechs lumbering around the battlefield!

Other than that Nostalgia meh :/

new tech is exciting though!

#259 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:41 PM

View PostchucklesMuch, on 14 March 2017 - 03:32 PM, said:

Well i'm looking forward to the Annihilator... I love finding super slow, out of position mechs lumbering around the battlefield!

Other than that Nostalgia meh :/

new tech is exciting though!

Yeah there is that. It'll be fun to kill people in their nostalgia boats

#260 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:54 PM

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 31 January 2017 - 03:05 AM, said:

So what you're saying is that all these mechs will be ignored in favor of the nostalgia-jerking annihilator? Posted Image

WHY DID I HAVE TO BE RIGHT

Edited by Snazzy Dragon, 14 March 2017 - 03:55 PM.

31 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 31 guests, 0 anonymous users