Melee / Close Combat

6 replies to this topic

#1 Ermach

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 01:41 PM

Hi!

My idea is that the game will be better, if we would be able to use our fists.
That is simple, need some animation to the arm, to illustrate a punch, slap, or block(maybe stomp with leg), and set the damage of it. If the mech has no arm, then it could not fight in close combat, or if you want there would be an option for those mechs. A mech should make a body slam to knock out, or stun the enemy.
Sorry about my english! :D

#2 Chojin Wolfblade

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 10 posts
  • LocationBrisbane AU

Posted 26 June 2016 - 03:44 AM

I wouldn't go with body slam.... but isn't it Battletech lore that there's mechs with melee weapons? I think they, along with quadrapods and other unusual mechs, would be a great addition. It'll put a whole new dimension to 'brawling'.

#3 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 03:46 AM

I'd just like to be able to execute a kick. That'll solve a circling locust problem...

#4 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 26 June 2016 - 04:56 AM

View PostChojin Wolfblade, on 26 June 2016 - 03:44 AM, said:

I wouldn't go with body slam.... but isn't it Battletech lore that there's mechs with melee weapons? I think they, along with quadrapods and other unusual mechs, would be a great addition. It'll put a whole new dimension to 'brawling'.

Well, there are mechs like the Hatchetman and Axman, that have mech-sized axes that they use for melee combat.
Posted Image
Other than that, mechs are able to punch and kick, quadrupeds can kick both in front of them and behind them.
Also, mechs are able to "charge", which i imagine being a full-speed bodyslam into another mech and there's also Death From Above, which is Jump Jetting and landing on another mech.

And yes, ALL of it, would be an awesome addition to the game.

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 26 June 2016 - 04:57 AM.

#5 Ermach

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 10:51 AM

My recon is we should start a voting about this. I do not know do I have permission to start it, or how should we begin a voting. I hope the developers will be interested in the close combat!

#6 Rainer Ammermann

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 29 October 2016 - 08:18 AM

Posted Image

#7 NighthawK1337

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 373 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere, Terra, Asia, Philippines

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:15 PM

NECRO!!!!!

I was gonna make a new post but since there's already a topic, I'm just gonna post it here. I was reading the BattleTech(2017) updates and read their whole post about melee.

HBS put it nicely why we should have melee.
https://www.kickstar...h/posts/1768032

"once you’re close enough to punch someone, punching should usually be the right thing to do (or at the very least, it shouldn’t ever be the wrong thing to do). There are a few reasons for this, mostly having to do with the speed and intensity of battles. When battles get in close, it’s not all that much fun to spin in circles around each other, trying to get a good back-shot but otherwise standing mostly in one place. I wanted the final stage of a battle, when ‘Mechs are in spitting distance of each other, to be brutal and decisive. Once you’re that close, the fight’s about to be over one way or another."

Come on PGI, do you want to get beat by HBS? Melee would add a fresh breath of air in the game.

Posted Image

Edited by NighthawK1337, 31 January 2017 - 08:23 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users