Domination Balance

13 replies to this topic

#1 Hack Harrison

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 02:15 AM

It would be nice if they could balance where the domination point is on the maps so that both teams spawn an equal distance from it. On some of the large maps you can almost lose before one team can get into position. E.g.:

I just lost a match (played on Alpine Peaks) because:

1) The other team got there first as they were dropped was closer;
2) Our Alpha lance had to suicide into the circle to stop the count down; and
3) They had heavies/assaults in place by the time we got our lights there.

When I am in a Raven and am doing 110km/h ball park and I have a Locust in my lance getting there at a similar time to myself, then it is obviously a balance issue.

#2 sneeking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 02 February 2017 - 02:21 AM

That would be boring

Isn't it fun to get ya map and be given a spawn then have to either take it or defend it ?

Also what if ya have the closest spawn but you drop on a hesitant team ?

How does that change things what will you do what will you say to turn it around ?

In you're posted scenario you know what ya job is , they beat you there and will cluster you gotta mark em all out so the incoming team can rain down on em. You gotta risk ya life and run ecm interference making them scatter.

Edited by sneeking, 02 February 2017 - 02:25 AM.

#3 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 02:52 AM

Alpine peaks Domination is the worst map/mode combo in the game, 75% of playerbase that has been playing consistently will agree.

Expanding the Domination circle so both sides can be in cover on Alpine or moving spawns closer on both sides for all domination modes would help.

#4 Hack Harrison

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:05 AM

View Postsneeking, on 02 February 2017 - 02:21 AM, said:

That would be boring

Isn't it fun to get ya map and be given a spawn then have to either take it or defend it ?

Also what if ya have the closest spawn but you drop on a hesitant team ?

How does that change things what will you do what will you say to turn it around ?

In you're posted scenario you know what ya job is , they beat you there and will cluster you gotta mark em all out so the incoming team can rain down on em. You gotta risk ya life and run ecm interference making them scatter.

No, boring is losing the game because of nothing you did other than get given the wrong side of the map by the random number generator.
If you haven't played that game mode on that map, then you don't know what you are talking about and shouldn't be commenting. If you have, then you wouldn't be saying what you are saying...

#5 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:22 AM

View PostHack Harrison, on 02 February 2017 - 02:15 AM, said:

When I am in a Raven and am doing 110km/h ball park and I have a Locust in my lance getting there at a similar time to myself, then it is obviously a balance issue.

110 kph Raven? Bleh.

Posted Image

#6 Hack Harrison

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:27 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 02 February 2017 - 03:22 AM, said:

110 kph Raven? Bleh.

Posted Image

Technically 116.9. Still getting XP for speed tweak on this one - Huggin and 3L are faster.

Edited by Hack Harrison, 02 February 2017 - 03:36 AM.

#7 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:16 AM

Le sigh! If you happen to drop on the "disadvantaged" side, then ******* go DOMINATE the enemy! The game mode is named as such for a reason. Sheesh!

Edited by Mystere, 02 February 2017 - 11:18 AM.

#8 rook

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 149 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:56 AM

Why not intermix the spawns, so you have to fight your way to the circle? That'd be an interesting twist.

#9 Trollfeed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:55 PM

Alpine peaks, crimson strait and grim plexus are especially bad in domination mode, not because of map imbalances but because cowardly players .I have best win rates in domination from all the different gamemodes and that's because I usually beg and cajole my team to support people on ring while going there myself no matter what mech I'm playing. Sadly it doesn't seem to matter if you start from "bad" side from alpine, crimson or plexus.

In grim plexus if you're still behind the hill when whole enemy team is stomping those poor 1-3 guys who stood in the ring so you wouldn't lose in first 2 mins, I have news for you. You're a bad player and you just dragged your team down with 7 other guys like you.

I have run numerous times into situation in domination matches where most of the people in other team just refuses to engage resulting in instant loss if that one poor guy in ring of death got instantly gibbed or enemy team didn't realise fast enough that they can stomp those cowards easily and accidentally capping and thus ending the match too early.

Edited by Trollfeed, 02 February 2017 - 12:57 PM.

#10 xTrident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 655 posts
  • LocationWork or Home

Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:08 PM

View PostMystere, on 02 February 2017 - 11:16 AM, said:

Le sigh! If you happen to drop on the "disadvantaged" side, then ******* go DOMINATE the enemy! The game mode is named as such for a reason. Sheesh!

Hard to do that when I'm in the Cheetah, I'm at the point on top of the mountain scouting and see the enemy has all their heavies/assaults either in the point as well or almost there and the rest of my heavies/assaults have another 30 seconds to join. OP is right, Alpine Peaks Domination is terrible. All it needs is the circle placement or size adjusted. Ridiculous just a few seconds after I get my Cheetah in the ring the enemy teams big mechs are there as well. Pretty obvious the ring favors one side...

View PostTrollfeed, on 02 February 2017 - 12:55 PM, said:

Alpine peaks, crimson strait and grim plexus are especially bad in domination mode, not because of map imbalances but because cowardly players .I have best win rates in domination from all the different gamemodes and that's because I usually beg and cajole my team to support people on ring while going there myself no matter what mech I'm playing. Sadly it doesn't seem to matter if you start from "bad" side from alpine, crimson or plexus.

In grim plexus if you're still behind the hill when whole enemy team is stomping those poor 1-3 guys who stood in the ring so you wouldn't lose in first 2 mins, I have news for you. You're a bad player and you just dragged your team down with 7 other guys like you.

I have run numerous times into situation in domination matches where most of the people in other team just refuses to engage resulting in instant loss if that one poor guy in ring of death got instantly gibbed or enemy team didn't realise fast enough that they can stomp those cowards easily and accidentally capping and thus ending the match too early.

What do you do? I can't stand it myself but I've gotten to the point if the team doesn't want to engage in any form or fashion I'm not going to risk myself out there alone. One thing I can't stand is doing any kind of push whether it be an actual push forward into the team, or constantly peaking out and shooting/taking damage while the team stand back doing nothing.

#11 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:15 PM

View PostxTrident, on 02 February 2017 - 01:08 PM, said:

Hard to do that when I'm in the Cheetah, I'm at the point on top of the mountain scouting and see the enemy has all their heavies/assaults either in the point as well or almost there and the rest of my heavies/assaults have another 30 seconds to join. OP is right, Alpine Peaks Domination is terrible. All it needs is the circle placement or size adjusted. Ridiculous just a few seconds after I get my Cheetah in the ring the enemy teams big mechs are there as well. Pretty obvious the ring favors one side...

And that is where "teamwork" comes in. As such, my original statement still holds. It is called "Domination" for a reason.

View PostxTrident, on 02 February 2017 - 01:08 PM, said:

What do you do? I can't stand it myself but I've gotten to the point if the team doesn't want to engage in any form or fashion I'm not going to risk myself out there alone. One thing I can't stand is doing any kind of push whether it be an actual push forward into the team, or constantly peaking out and shooting/taking damage while the team stand back doing nothing.

There is nothing you can do ... other than die quickly, drop into another fight, and cross your fingers that the next team is better.

#12 xTrident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 655 posts
  • LocationWork or Home

Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:22 PM

View PostMystere, on 02 February 2017 - 01:15 PM, said:

And that is where "teamwork" comes in. As such, my original statement still holds. It is called "Domination" for a reason.

I think the whole premise behind this being a problem is that them all being in the circle like that... They already have such a huge leg up on dominating.

Sure, I've won on the handicap side before but it's usually a real hard fought battle and well deserved win, compared to the losses on that side that just snow ball into a lopsided loss because it is an uphill fight. I don't have a problem putting in work in order to win. I don't ever expect any match to ever be easy. I would just like parity.

#13 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:37 PM

View PostxTrident, on 02 February 2017 - 01:22 PM, said:

I think the whole premise behind this being a problem is that them all being in the circle like that... They already have such a huge leg up on dominating.

Sure, I've won on the handicap side before but it's usually a real hard fought battle and well deserved win, compared to the losses on that side that just snow ball into a lopsided loss because it is an uphill fight. I don't have a problem putting in work in order to win. I don't ever expect any match to ever be easy. I would just like parity.

To each their own then. I myself like knowing that I have a 50-50 chance of drawing the short stick.

#14 A Really Old Clan Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 302 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:50 PM

Alpine peaks domination:
If you spawn on the top half of the map you start with all the advantages. Multiple high ground points both in and out of the zone, closest to the zone, cover for smaller mechs to move and flank the team coming up.
I cannot remember losing a match when I have spawned in the top zone.

If you spawn in the bottom half you have a very long way to travel, you arrive not in force but one or two at a time, you have to cross no mans land just to get to the edge of the zone, you have only one very small area behind south west hill that has any cover at all but if you are not supported you are easily flanked both north and south.

Can you win coming from the south, Yes but you have to get it right and hope the other team dont know counter it.
you need 1-3 mechs to get to the small protected hill in k9
the rest of the team moves to the j9 hill and suppresses the mechs sniping at you from the k10 hill and any ware else.
The team must move in mass to the j10 to k10 and create a murder ball.

if the team hold back the units on the k9 area will get flanked.

I have been in teams that have done this and won

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users