Dc'd Players In Quickplay

4 replies to this topic

#1 Jemmer

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:19 AM

g'day all. So if this is not in the correct forum can you please help me as to where i should post my suggestion or whom to contact ... thanks.

So in a match a few moments ago another player had an idea i believe has merit - so I am posting this in case he does not - AN idea - in Quick Play match when a team ONLY has disconnected (no name player) players left - how hard would it be, PGI devs, to implement a beacon, or HUD Map icon, or something to identify the location for the opposing team to know where the disconnected player's mechs are when the disconnected player(s) are the only 'players' left? I hope i was not confusing. Is this a good idea?

Considering so many matches where spawns have DC'd mechs, and with spawns being random locations now, for game flow it would be great for the match to alert the team to the locations of opposing disconnected players when they are the only remaining opponents. Especially when they are DC from the very start and remain so throughout the match.

Yes i know you can all chat the coordinates, but ...

Cheers.

Edited by Jemmer, 02 February 2017 - 03:35 PM.

#2 Vector Magician

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:56 AM

Hey bud, glad to see you posted this as well. I ended up making a post right after that match lol.

https://mwomercs.com...ter-match-play/

Thanks for showing some support. Hope the dev's take a good look at this.

Vector Magician

#3 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:28 PM

If you find a DC Mech that is on the opposing team, I say head shot the S.O.B. Enjoy the XP.

But really, sometimes the internet fouls up and disconnects a player from the net, or the guys computer crashes. It is not always the players fault, but rather some technical issue. I myself hate my I.T. provider because of this reason alone. I start to get into a match, then I get notified...Disconnected from Game Server....

Then I have to hurry over to the router, beat on it for a moment. Plug it back in. And go back to the game. By the time I get through the front page, hit the reconnect button, and the stupid thing finally decides to drop me back into game play, five minutes have passed and someone will have come along and blown me to bits.

#4 Vector Magician

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:15 PM

View PostKalimaster, on 02 February 2017 - 03:28 PM, said:

If you find a DC Mech that is on the opposing team, I say head shot the S.O.B. Enjoy the XP.

But really, sometimes the internet fouls up and disconnects a player from the net, or the guys computer crashes. It is not always the players fault, but rather some technical issue. I myself hate my I.T. provider because of this reason alone. I start to get into a match, then I get notified...Disconnected from Game Server....

Then I have to hurry over to the router, beat on it for a moment. Plug it back in. And go back to the game. By the time I get through the front page, hit the reconnect button, and the stupid thing finally decides to drop me back into game play, five minutes have passed and someone will have come along and blown me to bits.

You have a valid point but I think you are missing the point we are trying to make. The system would show the DC'd player or the AFK player on the map so he can be killed after all remaining active players have been killed. If you want to head shot him be my guest. It doesn't matter how you do it. I would like to see a system in place that could help speed up the process.

#5 Jemmer

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 03:08 PM

I hear what you are saying Kalimaster - again - this is a suggestion when your entire team is dead - except for that disconnected player in spawn that has been there since the start - still DC - and for worst case scenario - nobody on your team is all chatting the coordinates or the DC'd status of the last remaining player - so the match drags on for 10 more brutal minutes while my team hunts down that 12th 'player'.

OR

in the above scenario - A beacon suddenly lights up on my hud showing where an enemy disconnected player is sitting so myself and the rest of my team can move in, and go finish the match.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users