Forgive Function In Match For Team Kills

3 replies to this topic

#1 Wesxander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 319 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:55 AM

Just had match where guy killed me but was not his fault. We was in serious brawl he killed the enemy then shot goes through kills me. In those kind of cases the player killed should have the option to click the person's name and forgive the team kill as due to nature of play it is not their fault. Making an option to forgive team kills would keep people from racking up delay time when again it was not their fault.

#2 rogueluke

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 10:41 AM

have had same thing happen, team mate shot though a mech I had just killed and got me instead.
would be a good thing to pardon them for the kill

#3 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 02 February 2017 - 08:04 PM

View PostWesxander, on 02 February 2017 - 07:55 AM, said:

Just had match where guy killed me but was not his fault. We was in serious brawl he killed the enemy then shot goes through kills me. In those kind of cases the player killed should have the option to click the person's name and forgive the team kill as due to nature of play it is not their fault. Making an option to forgive team kills would keep people from racking up delay time when again it was not their fault.

If I may play Devil's Advocate here for a moment... Erhum. "But once you pull the trigger, you are responsible for what it damages."

Besides people coming in here with that as their line, I completely agree with you. I have had many times where I was TKed, and I just laughed it off and went "I was dead anyway, you just took me out of my misery". I forgave them in game... too bad I couldn't do so for that penalty I didn't think they needed... (Or like, say, when that one legged light mech bumps into you and you get the team kill...)

Edit: Typos corrected.

Edited by Tesunie, 03 February 2017 - 09:25 PM.

#4 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:46 PM

I support having an Ability To Forgive on an Accidental Team Kill. In fact, I've supported this before. Have a look at https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/224840-forgive-button-options/, where such a thing has been discussed and supported before. ^_^

~D. V. "I think this option is overdue for addition to MWO." Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users