Afk Beacons After Match Play

3 replies to this topic

#1 Vector Magician

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:12 AM

So today we had 2 players that were AFK the entire game and since it was a scrim pretty much everyone had to wait till they were killed.

I said wouldn't it be nice if there was an AFK Beacon placed on players who were AFK longer then XXX time that lit up after everyone else was dead?

I got an overwhelming response of how awesome that would be.

So my suggestion is this:

During game play, pilots who are AFK longer then a set period of time should be given a on screen warning telling them they need to move or a beacon will be placed. After all active players are dead (losing team most likely) the beacons will light up so the winning team does not have to hunt for them.

This would greatly help speed up the end of match play for those who have to suffer because a few went AFK for whatever reason.

Thanks for reading my suggestion,
Vector Magician

#2 Guile Votoms

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 239 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 08:32 PM

You could also just default to a win instead to save even more time, if the only opponents after the 10 minute mark have been inactive the whole time.

It's an idea that has to be handled with care however, since most of the time it's not the player's but the server's fault. As an addition I would also suggest that the 2 minute re-connect limit for rewards should be removed.

Edited by Guile Votoms, 02 February 2017 - 08:33 PM.

#3 Jemmer

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 03:17 PM

I hear what you are saying Guile Votoms - again - this is a suggestion when your entire team is dead - except for that disconnected player in spawn that has been there since the start - still DC - and for worst case scenario - nobody on your team is all chatting the coordinates or the DC'd status of the last remaining player - so the match drags on for 10 more brutal minutes while my team hunts down that 12th 'player'.

OR

in the above scenario - A beacon suddenly lights up on my hud showing where an enemy disconnected player is sitting so myself and the rest of my team can move in, and go finish the match.

Edited by Jemmer, 03 February 2017 - 03:19 PM.

#4 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 03:59 PM

- Sometimes that AFK players come back to live (due connection error) and do great punch back and win the game. because everyone dead and enemy pretty damaged to take no more than few hits.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users