- - - - -

Is There A Freaking Way To Toggle The Freaking Hud?

10 replies to this topic

#1 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:41 AM

Overwolf has Shift +F10 and Shift+ F11 (is that the problem?

I see NOWHERE in settings on how to do this.

I've been told 3-4 things, none of which work.

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:50 AM

Right shift + F10

Or F11. One of the two. I turn off the HUD pretty often including last night.

Edited by Koniving, 04 February 2017 - 01:32 PM.

#3 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,703 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:20 PM

MWO default is Shift F11 for the Mech Hud without Overwolf, and that can not be changed in the game's config, or at least I was not able to locate it.

Default Overwolf hotkeys
Control hotkey: Control + Tab
Game Capture hotkey: Shift + F10
Screenshot hotkey: Shift + F11

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 04 February 2017 - 12:20 PM.

#4 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:32 PM

MWO HUD toggles with Right Shift + F11. Though I don't know why you'd want to turn it off unless you're recording machinima footage.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 01:32 PM

So the issue is that Overwolf takes over. Time to ditch Overwolf.

#6 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,703 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 04 February 2017 - 02:13 PM

Though some MWO hotkeys can not be altered, the hotkeys for Overwolf appears to be configurable.Posted Image

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 04 February 2017 - 02:14 PM.

#7 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 12:11 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 04 February 2017 - 02:13 PM, said:

Though some MWO hotkeys can not be altered, the hotkeys for Overwolf appears to be configurable.Posted Image

Yes, it was OverWolf. Shift and F11 is now working to toggle the HUD. I'm going to see if I can adjust the keys since OverWolf seems to be doing a better job recording than OBS does. I found this out by accident.

Thanks all, second question coming.....

#8 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 12:22 PM

Wonderful, I simply changed the resets to F7 and F8 for OverWolf.

There are two reasons I wanted to try it. One is to shoot down, the HUD gets in the way. And the other is trying to up FPS etc.

Which leads to the next question. What is more important? FPS or the System Specifications.

I'm running at 60 FPS but with almost everything turned down to low. And I have times where I seem to "skip" and I was here and he was there and now we are here....

My plan to upgrade this PC blew up and I'm tired of not being able to see the enemy mech taking my head off. It's very depressing...lol

#9 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 February 2017 - 12:40 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 05 February 2017 - 12:22 PM, said:

There are two reasons I wanted to try it. One is to shoot down, the HUD gets in the way.

If you're so high up that you can't see enemies below you because the HUD is in the way, then you're probably not in a good place to really assist your team anyways. Plus you can't see your crosshair when you turn the HUD off, so it's kinda moot - you'll be missing 50% of your shots at least.

And the other is trying to up FPS etc.
I'm running at 60 FPS but with almost everything turned down to low. And I have times where I seem to "skip" and I was here and he was there and now we are here....

My plan to upgrade this PC blew up and I'm tired of not being able to see the enemy mech taking my head off. It's very depressing...lol

I wish I could get 60 fps with everything turn down to low. I only get 30, and with all the map reworks I'm frequently dropping into the 20's.

But I still perform almost twice as good as you on average. You don't need 60 fps to be reasonably good at this game. When you start averaging around 300 match score, or you're approaching a 2.0 KDR, then maybe it's time to start thinking about whether your computer is actually legitimately holding you back.

Also, the "skipping" you're talking about sounds like a network problem. Do you have good ping to the server you're playing on? 300 and under I've found to be very playable. Also check if you're getting packet loss. Also, regardless of network connection, collisions with mechs and certain map assets can result in teleporting or "skipping."

#10 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 08:28 AM

Well, that was a depressing answer.

#11 FireDog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 377 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:45 PM

Buying an extra small monitor to run TS3/browser windows on really is a nice option. As long as you do not run video on the second monitor it will not brother your primary game screen much. They are pretty cheap in thrift stores.

Edited by FireDog, 07 February 2017 - 06:17 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users