Conquest On Polar Highlands

1 reply to this topic

#1 Jables McBarty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts
  • LocationIn the backfield.

Posted 08 February 2017 - 06:51 AM

I just gotta say, I love this map/mode combo. It's one of the few where the entire map is in play, and where lance-based gameplay is actually useful, possibly necessary.

You know what I mean, Alpha peels off to cap on one side, while Bravo and Charlie get the easy cap and head to Theta. But you can mix it up and do a concerted push to one side or another.

And objectives actually matter.

Just had a close loss, probably 738-750. We had about 6 heavies and mediums, fastest was clipping 76kph. Lost to a Purifier that had done 0 damage and a Dire Whale.

Lots of people complain about this particular map/mode combo so I just wanted to put in a good word for it ;)

#2 Equalizer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 10:17 AM

I would say Conquest > Skirmish > Domination > Assault

Especially on bigger maps, conquest games sometimes (read: very rarely) do away with all that deathballing nonsense we've been forced to put up with since 12v12 was introduced. These rare games are basically the only time I still have fun in MWO, everything else usually comes down to mindless nascaring or tedious standoffs that so many players seem to love for some reason.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users