6 replies to this topic

#1 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 09 February 2017 - 08:21 PM

Always ran it with 2 SL and 2 SPL with modules and now I feel a bit penalized because I've mixed standard and pulse.

I know this is a problem too for builds using more than a type of weapons so I can imagine mixing standard and pulse with let's say an AC/10 and 2 x SRM4 must be a challenge to finetune! This will also get costly pretty quick trying to find optimal skills to use.

#2 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 09 February 2017 - 08:55 PM

Most mech dont have extra modules slots for more than 1 weapon anyway. Only a few of them had this many slots. I am hoping mechs like the piratebane would get more points.

Over all is the new tree goes live run 4medium or 4 spl. If you pull some armor off the arms you can even run the 2 machine guns with 1/2 ton of ammo Posted Image

Edited by Monkey Lover, 09 February 2017 - 09:00 PM.

#3 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:28 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 09 February 2017 - 08:55 PM, said:

Over all is the new tree goes live run 4medium or 4 spl. If you pull some armor off the arms you can even run the 2 machine guns with 1/2 ton of ammo Posted Image

This is my build I liked the most. 3HS are required and you see I already have 1/2 ton of ammo and armor pulled of arms so the only option I see is remove both SL and replace with a SPL but that's about it. Can't make 4 SPL fit unless I go XL170 and add another HS in an arm with almost no armor.

#4 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:14 AM

View PostRhialto, on 10 February 2017 - 07:28 AM, said:

This is my build I liked the most. 3HS are required and you see I already have 1/2 ton of ammo and armor pulled of arms so the only option I see is remove both SL and replace with a SPL but that's about it. Can't make 4 SPL fit unless I go XL170 and add another HS in an arm with almost no armor.

Ahh ya I was wrong, about the machine guns. You can only fit 1. If you drop 1 machinegun then you can put on ferro. Then drop 3 head armor. This will give you the extra tonnage for 4spl or 4 medium.(+1 machinegun)

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...4cd79f68c7fc1d7

But yes this skill tree does hurt mixing of lasers.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 10 February 2017 - 08:17 AM.

#5 Skribs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:24 AM

I have plenty of builds that utilize multiple weapon types. For now, I'm mostly ignoring individual weapon skills in my builds on those mechs.

#6 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:24 AM

Usually I would say it's better no MG than a single one requiring 1/2 ton of ammo so instead I think I would get rid of it and add AMS with 1/2 ton, that's the only viable option I see. Oh well...

#7 Barantor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:43 AM

I've never liked the MGs on the Bane because of how they flash the cockpit so much, unless they've toned that down and I didn't catch it.

Since someone else calculated that the DPS increase from taking a whole set of nodes is minimal you might want to focus on the non-weapon skill nodes. I'll try that out later today and see with my pirate's bane and let you know what I find.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users