• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 1,364 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNerv HQ, Tokyo-3

Posted 08 February 2017 - 04:45 PM

There are currently missing trees and nodes for cool shot and strike consumables.
This results in the "free" consumables being worse than the MC versions.

Even if the skill trees were present for the consumables, I disagree with the idea entirely and it would be the first case of actual pay-to-win in the game. Let me explain.

If a free player didn't want to spend MC, he would have to unlock the Cool Shot skill tree to the point where his Cool Shot 9 was equivalent with the Cool Shot 18. This means spending skill points to get something you could simply purchase for a small MC cost.

Another player could simply use the MC consumable and utilize those skill nodes elsewhere on a different tree. An immediate advantage over anyone who doesn't spend MC.

I propose that consumables utilize a tree system separate to the other trees to resolve this issue. You would have enough nodes per-mech to fill 2/3 of the consumable skill trees of UAV, Coolshots, and Strikes. This would mean you can always get the maximum effect from your consumables without spending MC, just like the old skill tier system.

Otherwise, you could make the consumable trees have no node limit and simply allow people to grind them to completion aside from the other skill trees.

#2 Solahma

• Fury
  • Fury
  • 1,364 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNerv HQ, Tokyo-3

Posted 08 February 2017 - 05:04 PM

https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__5606109

They are aware of the issue and plan to resolve.

#3 Christopher Hamilton

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 159 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII, Steiner Sector

Posted 08 February 2017 - 05:12 PM

i hope clan-AC (not uac, not lbx) get out of the shame corner.
and we get some way to unload unneeded free consumer modules for c-bills with this. i have tons. and i will likely need cash IF i continue to play after that thing.

this looks like a big "reconsider what your doing here. it is a time waster level waste of time."

#4 Igor Kozyrev

• WC 2017 Silver Champ
  • WC 2017 Silver Champ
  • 1,881 posts
  • LocationRussia, Siberia

Posted 08 February 2017 - 06:35 PM

I propose that consumables utilize a tree system separate to the other trees to resolve this issue. You would have enough nodes per-mech to fill 2/3 of the consumable skill trees of UAV, Coolshots, and Strikes. This would mean you can always get the maximum effect from your consumables without spending MC, just like the old skill tier system.

Otherwise, you could make the consumable trees have no node limit and simply allow people to grind them to completion aside from the other skill trees.

No. They shoud comepletely remove skill trees for consumables and make all of them perform identically

#5 POOTYTANGASAUR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 595 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 08 February 2017 - 09:49 PM

I personally hate the consumable system. Arty/Airstrike/Uav are all BS. Frankly coolshots are the only ones that are sensible IMO.

#6 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 08 February 2017 - 09:53 PM

Honestly we shouldn't have to put skill points into consumables in my opinion. I probably won't be putting any skill points into them, thats for sure.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users