67 replies to this topic

#61 ScrewyNinja

Rookie

• The Deputy
  • The Deputy
  • 4 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:48 PM

As someone who has gotten back into computer gaming in general and has only been playing since November, but still has a huge level of experience with Mechwarrior, yes I remember the MW2 3D days.....My biggest concern is what exactly PGI is going to carry over what you have already. I'm sure it has been discussed in great deal. Am I going to have some kind of building blocks for the mechs i currently have? Or should be ready to basically have a limited number of stuff i can do with my current amounts of cbills, gxp, and xp. OR are the long time players going to have a huge advantage with bringing over huge amounts of cbill, gxp, and xp. Yes i have sunk cash into this game for MC and such, I just looking to have what i have spent from PGI returned equally from PGI........Thats really what i am waiting to see come the 20th.....

Just my 2 cents

#62 Rurikk82

• Pip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 19 posts
  • Locationcalifornia

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:36 PM

Man I love this community. Everyone of you who have posted here are echoing my pros and cons for this new system. I do see the potential benefits and I can see some horrifying downfalls. Most all of which you all have addressed rather tastefully. Only thing I can add to everything here is I do believe This system as it stands on the PTS need a rework and maybe a bit of a restructuring of the node locations themselves.
Thank you all in the fantastic community for looking out for the new guys while trying to maintain fairness to the veterans of the game. I've said to other friends i have that there is no community better than the Battletech/Mechwarrior community!

#63 Daniel Cromwell

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:28 PM

I am mostly a light pilot and so the c-bill reward is smaller. I feel yes scale the c-bill cost, BUT also really rewards scouts for well scouting.. currently the system is damage heavy but as any army will tell you intelligence is just as important as getting ordnance downrange. for example have in the skill tree where a light mech can actually carry 2 uav's. or 2 air strikes. Make scouts well scout and get c-bills and xp for doing that job. I love using my scout raven cause it is a fun as hell with narc tag beagle and ecm, but it sucks as far as c-bills go. If we are doing individual skill trees it only makes sense to have the rewards tied to that roll. Have something like when you queue up you choose your roll in the lance like in the TT. i.e. fire lance or recon...

#64 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:29 PM

View PostScrewyNinja, on 15 February 2017 - 04:48 PM, said:

As someone who has gotten back into computer gaming in general and has only been playing since November, but still has a huge level of experience with Mechwarrior, yes I remember the MW2 3D days.....My biggest concern is what exactly PGI is going to carry over what you have already. I'm sure it has been discussed in great deal. Am I going to have some kind of building blocks for the mechs i currently have? Or should be ready to basically have a limited number of stuff i can do with my current amounts of cbills, gxp, and xp. OR are the long time players going to have a huge advantage with bringing over huge amounts of cbill, gxp, and xp. Yes i have sunk cash into this game for MC and such, I just looking to have what i have spent from PGI returned equally from PGI........Thats really what i am waiting to see come the 20th.....

Just my 2 cents

It's all explained in the PTS server post you can access from the main MWO home page. There is a FAQ at the bottom of the page there. In case you are too lazy to look, the short version is: your mech xp will carry over as historical xp, gxp will carry over as the same. All gxp and c-bills spent on modules and improvements will be returned to you in full. Modules you have won or received will also be reimbursed their c-bill value. Your effort doesn't disappear, its just made liquid again to apply to the new system.

#65 Re4PeRger

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 17 posts
  • LocationGER

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:28 AM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 15 February 2017 - 10:29 PM, said:

It's all explained in the PTS server post you can access from the main MWO home page. There is a FAQ at the bottom of the page there. In case you are too lazy to look, the short version is: your mech xp will carry over as historical xp, gxp will carry over as the same. All gxp and c-bills spent on modules and improvements will be returned to you in full. Modules you have won or received will also be reimbursed their c-bill value. Your effort doesn't disappear, its just made liquid again to apply to the new system.

The FAQ does not mention any cbill-refunds besides modules, which means you now have a mastered mech and you will have to pay 9.1M to get it mastered again after feb 21st.
I demand the amount of cbills necessary to skill all my 100 mechs to the current state (~30% mastered, rest basic effs.) , I will NOT PAY ~483.000.000 cbills, this is not grindable in any lifespan! And don't even dare to ask about MC...

#66 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:01 PM

View PostRe4PeRger, on 16 February 2017 - 11:28 AM, said:

The FAQ does not mention any cbill-refunds besides modules, which means you now have a mastered mech and you will have to pay 9.1M to get it mastered again after feb 21st.
I demand the amount of cbills necessary to skill all my 100 mechs to the current state (~30% mastered, rest basic effs.) , I will NOT PAY ~483.000.000 cbills, this is not grindable in any lifespan! And don't even dare to ask about MC...

Demand all you like, I don't really care. I'm fine with needing to regrind if necessary but I've got some modules coming back as c-bills. I'd suggest you take a look at what the actual equivalent of the current mastered mechs are in the new skill trees before over reacting, but that's your call.

#67 MechWarior9169571

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 05:14 PM

It's hilarious that you don't have an actual response to any of Re4PeRger's grievances that have any real substance, SuperFunkTron.

He is 100% correct that it would take as much time (probably more) to remaster his current mechs - which is utterly ridiculous. Why would it be considered fun to remaster something that you already mastered, especially since you will be getting your a$$ handed to you without radar dep (an end-of-tree-skill) and getting a measly amount of c-bills along the way because you are going to be at an extreme disadvantage. You get an equivalent amount of roughly 1/3 of your currently mastered/elited mechs back to a comparable state. If that's not bad enough you can't change your loadout/skill-tree specialty without redoing the entire thing. Sound like the exact opposite of fun to me.

So you have to grind 483 M c-bills...no big deal, just get over it. That's rich! I for one won't demand an equal exchange, I'll simply ask nicely and if they refuse then I'll quit playing the game. It's that simple. The vast majority of players will do the same. Why do you think that PGI is rethinking the skill-tree patch and not implementing it tomorrow? They are reading these forums and getting user feedback that is probably 99% negative.

The overall idea sound great, it's just MANY MANY of the implementation details that SUX - to the point of negating the positives and then a whole helluva lot more!

Face it you are in the tiny, tiny, tiny minority of wanting this iteration of the skill-tree rework to go forward and you simply can't justify the unjustifiable.

Edited by romwyzard, 20 February 2017 - 05:18 PM.

#68 Knighthawk26

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 131 posts
  • LocationBlack Forest

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:22 PM

View Postromwyzard, on 20 February 2017 - 05:14 PM, said:

It's hilarious that you don't have an actual response to any of Re4PeRger's grievances that have any real substance, SuperFunkTron.

He is 100% correct that it would take as much time (probably more) to remaster his current mechs - which is utterly ridiculous. Why would it be considered fun to remaster something that you already mastered, especially since you will be getting your a$$ handed to you without radar dep (an end-of-tree-skill) and getting a measly amount of c-bills along the way because you are going to be at an extreme disadvantage. You get an equivalent amount of roughly 1/3 of your currently mastered/elited mechs back to a comparable state. If that's not bad enough you can't change your loadout/skill-tree specialty without redoing the entire thing. Sound like the exact opposite of fun to me.

So you have to grind 483 M c-bills...no big deal, just get over it. That's rich! I for one won't demand an equal exchange, I'll simply ask nicely and if they refuse then I'll quit playing the game. It's that simple. The vast majority of players will do the same. Why do you think that PGI is rethinking the skill-tree patch and not implementing it tomorrow? They are reading these forums and getting user feedback that is probably 99% negative.

The overall idea sound great, it's just MANY MANY of the implementation details that SUX - to the point of negating the positives and then a whole helluva lot more!

Face it you are in the tiny, tiny, tiny minority of wanting this iteration of the skill-tree rework to go forward and you simply can't justify the unjustifiable.

Re4PeRger and Romwyzard are saying the same thing I said on the second day or so of the PTS. PGI's faithful customers were going to be penalized and lose skills that they spent time and money to obtain. The proposed drop to 60 k c=bills and 800 xp will help those who previously bought a reasonable number of modules to break even. Guys with lots of mechs and few modules won't get as much back in c-bills and may still take a loss.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users