Idea On How Promote Non Weapon Boating.

Balance Skills

2 replies to this topic

#1 GrimRiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationIf not here and not there, then where?

Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:59 AM

Here's my idea on how to promote non boating: https://mwomercs.com...rcent-dividing/

Long story short, weapon skill quirks buffed and the percent is divided among multiple weapons and single weapons are given the full percent buff.

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:01 AM

The problem with this is that some weapons are strong enough to be effective individual or in pairs, while some weapons are so weak that they are useless unless boated. I'm talking stuff like the SRM2, Small Laser, AC/2, etc. Meanwhile, PPCs and Gauss only take a small hit to their Squirks because you never need more than 2 of each.

The intention is a noble one, but it really doesn't work when some weapons require high quantities to be viable.

#3 GrimRiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationIf not here and not there, then where?

Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:05 AM

View PostFupDup, on 09 February 2017 - 11:01 AM, said:

The problem with this is that some weapons are strong enough to be effective individual or in pairs, while some weapons are so weak that they are useless unless boated. I'm talking stuff like the SRM2, Small Laser, AC/2, etc. Meanwhile, PPCs and Gauss only take a small hit to their Squirks because you never need more than 2 of each.

The intention is a noble one, but it really doesn't work when some weapons require high quantities to be viable.

That's true, but that's more with the weapon(s) itself because it's weak and it has no choice but to be boated for it to be effective.

My idea is more of an incentive not to boat rather than to curb boating.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users