Skill Trees Need To Be Linear Instead Of Mixed

2 replies to this topic

#1 Ruar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 05:13 PM

I pretty much play one mech, Enforcer 4R. That's it. So I was looking forward to the new skill tree so I could fine tune my ENF a little more to fit my three LL, skirmish playstyle.

What I found with the new skill tree though is that my favorite mech performs worse than on live. I overheat faster, jump jets don't move me as far, the mech moves sluggishly, runs slower, and I don't like how it plays in general.

The problem I have is with the limited number of options I hate being forced to select skills I don't want in order to get to the ones I need. I don't care about quick ignition. At all. Yet I have to take four levels of it in order to get to radar deprivation which is a must.

Having the trees weave back and forth between useless and useful skills means I'm wasting my options. So instead of making mechs more diverse you are actually making them even more similar because everyone will have to take the same items in order to get to the needed unlocks.

I suggest a much more linear tree where I might have to unlock one unwanted skill at the top but then I can hit the branches I like and go straight down them. This way I can customize the way I want instead of being forced to pick the items you guys are using to waste points.

I realize it's just test and small matches, but the little I played sucked so bad I don't actually want to play if this goes live. I feel crippled in my favorite mech, a mech which is already considered to be mediocre at best.

Edited by Ruar, 09 February 2017 - 05:15 PM.

#2 Skribs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:20 AM

That's not the only problem. You're losing your quirks, you're losing the skills we already have, and you're losing weapon modules.

So the 5% cooldown you can get on LLs, for example, is less than the 5% universal from fast fire, the 12% from the module, and the 10% from your quirks. That's just one stat.

My experience is Mechs feel sluggish compared to live.

#3 Flying Blind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 776 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:38 AM

100% agree with OP

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users